ADVERTISEMENT

Farrell's take on Rashada law suit - CBN "No Comment"

Chitting Brown to get Rashada has come back to haunt them imo.....
But then, the Gator's don't really need either of them now as things have worked out...
=====

QB Graham Mertz 6-2.75 215 rsSr - Wis xfer
Great guy, good leader, and hopefully, his best season is coming up soon....

QB Clay Millen 6-2.75 189 rsJr - Nev/CoSt xfer
A single-season CSU completion percentage record with 72.2 (169-234).
An NCAA record for an FBS Fr + the 2nd-best mark in MWC history.
CFN Freshman All-American (2023)

QB Parker Leise 6-2 226 rsFr - IMG WO - AA Bowl
Set the IMG single-game passing record with 405 yards.

QBdt Aidan Wrner 6-3 199 rsFr - Yale xfer, did not play - WO (scout team?)
HS Career - 134 of 221, 60.6%, 1,659 yds, 24 TD's, 6 Ints, +R-369, 5 TD's

QBdt DJ Lagway 6-3 241 Fr - A ***** by 247Sports, ESPN, On3 and Rivals.
HS Sr - He completed 290 for 72.1%, 4,604 Yds, 58 TD's.
Rushing - 99 for 957 Yds, 9.7 YPC, 16 TD's.
-----
2023 National Gatorade Player of the Year
2023 Bobby Dodd National Back (HS Heisman) of the Year
2023 MaxPreps Player of the Year
2023 Elite 11 National High School Quarterback of the Year
2023 National Quarterback Club High School Quarterback of the Year.
The No. 1 recruit in his position group by Rivals - No. 2 by 247Sports, ESPN and On3
HS Career, 42 Gms - 569-of-874 passes 65.1%, 8,392 Yds,100 TD's.
Rushing - 293 for 2,196 Yds, 29 TD's... (TT 2.0?)

Too bad that Lagway is just a Fr, because many here have said that a Fr QB can never succeed as a starter at the SEC level....
🙄

"Georgia Bulldogs head coach Kirby Smart reportedly approved and gave his blessing of Jaden Rashada's decision to file a lawsuit against Florida Gators head coach Billy Napier and others, potentially causing a distraction (for UF, not for UGly as stated),"

Jaden had already committed and SIGNED with the scUM thugs of Mi-AM-I....
Then he defaults on that signed contract (de-commits) chasing more $$$$.
"Rashada originally committed to Miami in June of 2022 under the terms of a reported $9.5 million deal." (BTW - Miami said that his offered deal was no where near that amount)

"Alleging Napier, Hathcock and others fraudulently induced Rashada to renege on his $9.5 million NIL deal with Miami to attend Florida."

Jaden signed for no $$$ going to AzSt, and no $$$ when signing with Jawja either....
Smart claims that he signed Jaden because he needed a backup to Beck.

I guess the QB room at UGly is empty otherwise??? 🙄

QB Carson Beck 6-4 220 Sr
QB Collin Draqke 6-1 195 Jr
QB Gunner Stockton 6-1 215 rsSo
QB Sam Bush 5-11 185 rsFr
QB Ryan Puglisi 6-3 210 Fr

To the iG, this just looks like another ambulance chaser lawyer trying to bluff some money out of anyone that they believe has some.....

I read the Kang was “ok” with it. And he does have a white hot hatred of UF.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
CBN issues the expected "No Comment" on Rashada Lawsuit -

Florida Gators’ head football coach Billy Napier has made his first public statement since being named in a lawsuit by former signee and current Georgia Bulldogs quarterback Jaden Rashada while at the 2024 SEC spring meetings.

“I think it’s important for everybody to understand that I can’t comment due to the litigation, but I do have confidence in our legal team. I am comfortable with my actions, and I’m thankful for the University’s support,” he told reporters. “We’re going to keep it at that and let the process take its course.”

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...n-uga-qb-jaden-rashada-s-lawsuit-01hz02v7jjt5

Reactions: Countygator1
I'm NOT an attorney !

But In today's world;
You can get someone to express / sell an opinion for any side of any dispute.
FWIW
I found this -

Most legal experts seem to think that Rashada is going to have a very hard time proving his case against Napier. The language of the NIL contract made it clear either party could terminate the deal at any time. And even if hypothetically Napier did promise Rashada $1 million, proving that in court is also going to be difficult since Florida is a two-party consent state, and even if there is a recording of the phone call there would have to be proof that Napier consented to the phone call being recorded.

In 2022, it was against NCAA rules for coaches to have any direct involvement in NIL negotiations, so a potential promise of money from Napier would have been a massive violation. But after last week's settlement of an antitrust suit that will allow universities to pay players directly in the near future, combined with the NCAA pausing their own investigation into the Rashada case, there appears to be a good chance Napier is going to emerge from this incident without any penalties levied his way.

https://hailfloridahail.com/posts/f...esponds-to-jaden-rashada-lawsuit-01hz02xgh3gg

Mike Farrell on Rashada Suit

Napier is being sued, Rashada is on his second college stop (and not his last, trust me) at Georgia, and the Gators are a laughingstock nationally.

Good Guy Napier Made a Dumb Choice​

n 2022 Napier made a huge mistake. He made QB Jaden Rashada the focus of his QB wants and needs. Florida flipped Rashada from Miami with promises of millions of dollars before he even took a snap. Rashada’s camp was already becoming known in recruiting circles for being greedy and having their hands out and it became clear this would be a money grab. And Napier and company bought in.

Those who think Napier had no idea what the Gators collective was doing with Rashada need to live on a different planet. At the time, it was against NCAA rules and certainly flew in the face of NIL guidelines, but honestly, everyone was doing it. I don’t fault Napier for that. I do fault him for going so far in with a kid with solid but not spectacular skills and who certainly didn’t look the part of a program changer or saver. And a kid whose family and advisors were clearly in it for the money.
Current Gators freshman QB DJ Lagway looks much more like the part, but even he wouldn’t be worth the ridiculous amount of money offered. I’m convinced that the early negative attention on his recruiting efforts made Napier panic, and Rashada was the biggest example of that anxiety. And here we are.

https://mikefarrellsports.com/college/good-guy-napier-made-a-dumb-choice

Farrell likely represents a lot of viewpoints among those across the nation who have interest in this case. Farrell’s points can prove well taken, that the Rashadas indeed were on a money hunt driven by greed and that the young QB wasn’t worth the money or even the recruiting focus.

This case will either collapse and be dismissed or Hathcock and Napier could settle. I believe the allegations are so absurd that the case won’t find legs to stand on.

All these statements are after the fact and most are unsubstantiated,
but interesting.

As was widely publicized at the time, Rashada had received a $9.5 million deal from Miami for his services, which he later spurned for the larger sum offered by Florida.

The deal was reportedly with Hurricanes booster and LifeWallet CEO John Ruiz, although he (Ruiz) has since stated that there was never such an agreement between the parties and LifeWallet only had a small deal with Rashada while he was a high school student in California
(NIL payments to high school players are legal in the state).

The lawsuit states the Gators offered $13.85 million over four years, with eight-figure donor Hugh Hathcock putting up $5.35 million.

In fact, Hathcock wired $150,000 to Rashada so he could pay back the money he received from Ruiz to avoid potential litigation.

That transfer would be the only money Rashada garnered from Florida.

According to The Athletic, the contract with the Gators had a $500,000 signing bonus, $250,000 a month as a freshman, $291,666.66 a month as a sophomore, $375,000 a month as a junior, and $195,833.33 monthly payments as a senior for several social media obligations, fan events, and autographs.

https://collegefootballnetwork.com/jaden-rashada-sue-florida-nil-deal/

All these statements are after the fact and most are unsubstantiated,
but interesting.

As was widely publicized at the time, Rashada had received a $9.5 million deal from Miami for his services, which he later spurned for the larger sum offered by Florida.

The deal was reportedly with Hurricanes booster and LifeWallet CEO John Ruiz, although he (Ruiz) has since stated that there was never such an agreement between the parties and LifeWallet only had a small deal with Rashada while he was a high school student in California
(NIL payments to high school players are legal in the state).

The lawsuit states the Gators offered $13.85 million over four years, with eight-figure donor Hugh Hathcock putting up $5.35 million.

In fact, Hathcock wired $150,000 to Rashada so he could pay back the money he received from Ruiz to avoid potential litigation.

That transfer would be the only money Rashada garnered from Florida.

According to The Athletic, the contract with the Gators had a $500,000 signing bonus, $250,000 a month as a freshman, $291,666.66 a month as a sophomore, $375,000 a month as a junior, and $195,833.33 monthly payments as a senior for several social media obligations, fan events, and autographs.

https://collegefootballnetwork.com/jaden-rashada-sue-florida-nil-deal/
Great info Jeff. Thanks

Reactions: ih8f$u
Don't believe any valid nutty offer like that was made. Ruiz even said the Miami reported numbers were straight BS way too high. That drunk idiot that Floridas NIL thing got rid of did run his mouth though and was on tape saying UF was going to make Ruiz pay some crazy amount for Rashada though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT