ADVERTISEMENT

Farrell's take on Rashada law suit - CBN "No Comment"

Jeff from Jax

Gator Great
Dec 2, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Reactions: LordofallSocks
Rashada is now done with ASU after starting three games as a true freshman, and 247Sports is reporting that Georgia is a possible landing spot. Rashada is coming back from an injury that required him to miss nine games last year.

Other possible landing spots for Rashada include Northwestern and UCLA, based off a need at quarterback, according to 247Sports

https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/202...hada-georgia-bulldogs/?itm_source=parsely-api
I hope not. Kid seems like a head case and a problem. What he pulled with you guys and now transferring again? No thanks. Of course your boosters did a great job of stepping in it too.

Reactions: gatordad3
I hope not. Kid seems like a head case and a problem. What he pulled with you guys and now transferring again? No thanks. Of course your boosters did a great job of stepping in it too.
My thinking is if you hit the portal, you go to another school where you believe you'll start, especially at QB. Rashada will either transfer at the end of the 24 season or before it ends.

This story is about to get worse. Rashada is reportedly suing Napier and some boosters. SMH.

Complaint says UF and booster Hathcock conspired to interfere in Radhada’s $10m deal from Miami and never had the money lined up. Says Rashada ultimately went to ASU and UGA without NIL deals. Sounds bad for UF and CBN and shows us as clueless and incompetent in NIL. Only good thing is this might make it cheaper to fire CBN if (when) that happens.

Reactions: sadgator
What this complaint really shows is these schools are way over their head with the NIL stuff. These schools are used to doing whatever they want, but they have no idea the liability they’re taking on messing with million dollar plus deals.

Rusty Hardin’s firm filed the complaint. Not good. Cut the check. Take it out of CBN’s buyout.

I don’t necessarily know that Rashada’s a problem. He’s the one out $10m from Miami, because CBN and the Gator Collective were bumblef**king around. Guaranteed, I’d sue in the same circumstances.

Reactions: emekz1
help Me !
I can't stay away from this comedy of errors !

"...But this is also Jaden Rashada, and more importantly Harlen Rashada, we are talking about. Any time his name has surfaced it has been about money. He (Jaden & his dad) seemingly committed to Miami because they were the highest bidder. When he flipped to Florida, as this lawsuit spells out, it was because the Gators were the new highest bidder.

Along the way, being a top-level quarterback seemingly was forgotten about, as he was beat out at Arizona State for the starting job by Sam Leavitt, a fringe four-star quarterback from the same class of 2023 Rashada was in.
Thus, Rashada is now in Athens, where he also won't see the field and is in a much more crowded QB room than the one in Tempe."

Many are called
BUT
few are chosen !

Several predictions out there that he will transfer after the season.
https://hailfloridahail.com/posts/f...lly-napier-someone-will-lose-big-01hydqhcq300

Who on this thread wouldn’t work for the highest bidder? The moralizing over college athletes is hilarious.

And his mother was involved? He’s 18 years old negotiating 10 figure deals. I hope his parents are involved.
Brad,

Agree

Employment at will.

Every time I changed jobs, I
THOUGHT
I was getting more money
BUT
didn't always work out that way !
LOL

Quite a perfecta with you guys & my Noles. We're the first (and probably will be the only) team to get in trouble with the ncaa over NIL crap, and you guys are getting hauled to court over it. :rolleyes:

Mrs Sad Gator is a dude.
Now we know why sad is sad.

h01Anv.gif

Give me a break. I don’t even want this kid in the team. He can do what he wants, it’s not UGA’s call or business. But they better watch out with this kid. He’s a problem
So, as part of the process to lure him to Georgia, they didn't discuss the Florida situation?
I don’t know. Do you?

"Georgia Bulldogs head coach Kirby Smart reportedly approved and gave his blessing of Jaden Rashada's decision to file a lawsuit against Florida Gators head coach Billy Napier and others, potentially causing a distraction (for UF, not for UGly as stated),"

Jaden had already committed and SIGNED with the scUM thugs of Mi-AM-I....
Then he defaults on that signed contract (de-commits) chasing more $$$$.
"Rashada originally committed to Miami in June of 2022 under the terms of a reported $9.5 million deal." (BTW - Miami said that his offered deal was no where near that amount)

"Alleging Napier, Hathcock and others fraudulently induced Rashada to renege on his $9.5 million NIL deal with Miami to attend Florida."

Jaden signed for no $$$ going to AzSt, and no $$$ when signing with Jawja either....
Smart claims that he signed Jaden because he needed a backup to Beck.

I guess the QB room at UGly is empty otherwise??? 🙄

QB Carson Beck 6-4 220 Sr
QB Collin Draqke 6-1 195 Jr
QB Gunner Stockton 6-1 215 rsSo
QB Sam Bush 5-11 185 rsFr
QB Ryan Puglisi 6-3 210 Fr

To the iG, this just looks like another ambulance chaser lawyer trying to bluff some money out of anyone that they believe has some.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff from Jax
No question Kirby had some hand in this, to think otherwise would be obtuse. As to whether this will have any legs, who knows? But if successful, the floods gates will open to other lawsuits.

Remember when people were arguing that head coaches were unaware of and uninvolved in the specifics of NIL deals being made…yeah, that argument is about to be obliterated.

It is simply astonishing that UF is going to be the poster child institution for NIL gone wrong…

Wait ‘til the NCAA wakes up and says, “Well, we don’t enforce anything against anybody anymore, but for you guys, it’s so obvious, we have no choice.”

Where the fvck is our leadership?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT