ADVERTISEMENT

It's a done deal

And also Robbie Andreu - his tweet says “players have been informed”

Oh boy - here we go..........

It is really disappointing. The federal government is more fiscally responsible than UF right now.
I’ve been a GC for a decade... the way our $$ gets thrown around (assuming many here are UF boosters) is starting to tee me off and it has to be bothering some at UF. We’re gonna have to pay a buyout to CK... I think Jimbo should be kicking in to do so. He’s at fault too. Has no problem asking us for $$$ for whatever project- want to see others start to eat their mistakes. You guys could have built two IPFs with what this will cost.

Probably. These coaching contracts are gonna have to change. Best deal in cfb is to get fired
It really is. Using Jimbo as an example, we pay him $40 million if we fire him but he pays us $5 million if he takes another job. How the hell did that ever make sense that the coach has an incentive to be fired?

It really is. Using Jimbo as an example, we pay him $40 million if we fire him but he pays us $5 million if he takes another job. How the hell did that ever make sense that the coach has an incentive to be fired?
You Nulls don't have a lot to complain about, outside of this season, you guys have been one of the best programs over the last decade. I know sone don't like Jumbo but tge guy can flat out recruit. He runs a pretty simple offense that works. You guys might be terrible this season but you'll be back next year. Jumbo has been worth the money IMO

You Nulls don't have a lot to complain about, outside of this season, you guys have been one of the best programs over the last decade. I know sone don't like Jumbo but tge guy can flat out recruit. He runs a pretty simple offense that works. You guys might be terrible this season but you'll be back next year. Jumbo has been worth the money IMO

Things haven’t been so bad with Mac. Two straight appearances in the championship game for the best conference in football. That was pretty cool. So what if he allegedly might have slightly hyperbolized some death threats?

Reactions: keyzer soze
Things haven’t been so bad with Mac. Two straight appearances in the championship game for the best conference in football. That was pretty cool. So what if he allegedly might have slightly hyperbolized some death threats?
I don't care about the death threats. The direction on this football program is bad...Mac has fixed some things but the offense is garbage and Mac is clueless about how to get it done. He will never make UF successful and I'm glad that the new AD is not only aware but making the change now. Mac not getting another season...or even finishing the season is the best thing that could happen for the Gators. I'm just happy that this is going down.

Last edited:
I agree with 79 - if you are going to make a change, do it sooner than later. He's sounded like a defeated guy since the Michigan game and the wheels have fallen off. He has no clue how to fix things - bring in the next guy.

Reactions: GatorNation79
It’s a bad year in Tallahassee obv. That’s said i wouldn’t replace Jimbo. It’s not unfixable (see ND)

I agree with 79 - if you are going to make a change, do it sooner than later. He's sounded like a defeated guy since the Michigan game and the wheels have fallen off. He has no clue how to fix things - bring in the next guy.

Hopefully this won't turn into another Les Miles debacle or a Urban Meyer meltdown where minds have changed and the fail and agony prolonged.

ESPN is actually reporting that's it's NOT a done deal yet in spite of reports to the contrary. Link: http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...d-coach-jim-mcelwain-accept-less-1276m-buyout It appears UF is aking McElwain to resign and take a smaller buyout rather than fire him and go to court.

Yeah - he's out it's just negotiation time most likely. They'll settle somewhere between the $12 million - $0. Florida is going to argue he defamed the University with his death threats talk and he's going to say that didn't rise to the level of breaking his contract. It's just a numbers thing now.

Reactions: GatorNation79
Fisher has to want to fix it. Hiring a new DC is one thing, but the offense is Fisher's baby and it's in worse shape than the defense. I suppose they can make Fisher hire an OC, but I think he would have a very hard time keeping his hands off of this side of the ball. I believe our offense will look like Jimbo Fisher for as long as he's head coach.

I don’t think it was about the lying death threats but more on the efficiency of the offense… There wasn’t any in the past three years, and instead of bringing with him what he learned at Bama and elsewhere, him and Nuss uses the exact same playbook that Muschamp used his whole time here… Muschamp had the worse offense in the history of UF…So why would you still run the same stuff? I would to have seen Mac and Nuss come in and start fresh with a whole new system, first go 6-4 or 5-5 with the new system then as your players develop in the new system the record and overall offensive performance gets better…My only issue with Mac is he should have fired Nuss but he wouldn’t because they were close friends…

I don’t think it was about the lying death threats but more on the efficiency of the offense… There wasn’t any in the past three years, and instead of bringing with him what he learned at Bama and elsewhere, him and Nuss uses the exact same playbook that Muschamp used his whole time here… Muschamp had the worse offense in the history of UF…So why would you still run the same stuff? I would to have seen Mac and Nuss come in and start fresh with a whole new system, first go 6-4 or 5-5 with the new system then as your players develop in the new system the record and overall offensive performance gets better…My only issue with Mac is he should have fired Nuss but he wouldn’t because they were close friends…

Jesus dude.

Alabama doesn’t even run that stuff anymore.

That’s why Saban has moved on to a spread on offense and is utilizing an athletic QB.

Wake up. The game is different.

DNVd-PRW4AAYzsI.jpg

Reactions: Gator Fever

Well done.

LMAO@ that Wiki entry. I'm so glad I won't have to see those teeth anymore. His appearance was as sloppy as his teams' discipline.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT