ADVERTISEMENT

Football It’s simply recruiting

RV89

Green Machine
Gold Member
Aug 11, 2020
After 24 hours of pondering in thought about where the state of this program sits, I’ve come to a simple conclusion.

First, my 81 year old father and I walked into the swamp for our 54th season in section 17. Walking in I did not believe the highlight of the day would be that walk with my father, but it was and I am truly grateful to be with him. We have witnessed some incredible wins, heartbreaking losses, a bad tie to Rutgers and ga tech in 79’, and many, many more great times together. That said, yesterday was likely the most unexpected and disappointing performance we have ever witnessed and that includes the entire 1979 season.

All that said, Billy Napier is a solid man and I speak at times with a very big booster and he has said nothing but great things about Billy as a person and a man. Current state of program started in 2010 when Meyer left. Slowly but surely Bama, Clemson, uga, TOSU to name the big ones of taken over the recruiting in our state. This did not culminate yesterday, it has been in the making for awhile. When your starting backfield and WR’s, and best players all come from the portal on both sides of the ball and you are the signature university in the most talent rich state in the country -.you have a problem that is not being addressed. One nfl draft pick this year and he was a transfer is all you need to say on the state of recruiting.

It does not matter how many facilities you build, NIL money you raise, presidents you hire, ad’s you hire, or coaches you hire or have on staff it will not improve until we get elite players that want to come to UF because we are UF and stay here to play for the great tradition. Otherwise, we are our wasting time and money. Our boosters and alumni will eventually stop putting their money into a zero return venture. Leaving Florida field yesterday was a sicken feeling. Find a proven head coach who can recruit and will sell the brand. It’s that simple.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.