ADVERTISEMENT

In light of the Jason Aldean Song: Cypress Hill NPR Tiny Desk Concert

grandhavendiddy

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Feb 3, 2007

Make no mistake - I love Cypress Hill. Funky beats, and crazy bars.
But...listen to the lyrics. This song is "How I could just kill a man".

The song talks clearly and openly about killing people. And it gets celebrated.

Again, I will listen to Cypress 10,000 times before any Jason Aldean song. But the answer is, unless Jason is asking for a lynching or other, then he is talking about his desire to uphold HIS culture's values, which again is not mine per se, he should just be able to proceed with his art.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
It just boggles the mind (for those who have one) that the crazies on the left ASSUME
1. All persons of color must live in big cities and commit all crimes
2. NO persons of color can live in a small town and be a part of the community, sharing the values.

• Love
Reactions: BamaFan1137
Jason’s song says basically that thugs will not come to small towns and loot, burn , rob their people because there would be consequences. Has not everybody heard me say that many times here? It AINT happening. They would be shot. I agree with the song
It is interesting - before the Race Riots in the summer of 2020 and the "Defund the Police" movements, I was very pro-gun control. I happen to think that hunting animals is a bit barbaric, but had friends who did it. Whatever - they would go hunting and I would golf.

After the summer, I felt VERY differently about the ability to protect my wife and two daughters. Jason is speaking to that.

So, think about that here I am someone who: does not like his music (per se, just not a country music style fan), not a gun-advocate person but who understands his POV.

CMT is going to go the way of Disney if they continue to operate in a reflexive manner.

It is interesting - before the Race Riots in the summer of 2020 and the "Defund the Police" movements, I was very pro-gun control. I happen to think that hunting animals is a bit barbaric, but had friends who did it. Whatever - they would go hunting and I would golf.

After the summer, I felt VERY differently about the ability to protect my wife and two daughters. Jason is speaking to that.

So, think about that here I am someone who: does not like his music (per se, just not a country music style fan), not a gun-advocate person but who understands his POV.

CMT is going to go the way of Disney if they continue to operate in a reflexive manner.
I think they as well as Mr. Garth done slit their own throats.

I understand your hesitation on guns. I really do. I am not a hunter, but I have tons of friends that do, and the meat they give me is very welcome. As someone who lived in Alaska for almost 13 years, I carried Everytime I went fishing, hiking, camping etc. You have to have protection.

There are walks of life that are just completely in the political narrative blindspot. IMO, probably intentionally.

Jason’s song says basically that thugs will not come to small towns and loot, burn , rob their people because there would be consequences. Has not everybody heard me say that many times here? It AINT happening. They would be shot. I agree with the song
Within the parameters of the law, and (key here) on your property, there will be law abiding, gun owning citizens who will not stand by and see their community and homes run over. It can go over too far into illegal use cases, but the general intent is understood.
I understand your hesitation on guns. I really do. I am not a hunter, but I have tons of friends that do, and the meat they give me is very welcome. As someone who lived in Alaska for almost 13 years, I carried Everytime I went fishing, hiking, camping etc. You have to have protection.

There are walks of life that are just completely in the political narrative blindspot. IMO, probably intentionally.
Appreciated. You are spot on.
Vivek said something very powerful (although in a different context). As I have shared, my grandfather escaped the holocaust. Had the Jews had AR-15s, the ability for the Nazi's to just rip out 6M plus people, would have been exceptionally costly and thus would not have happened.

It just boggles the mind (for those who have one) that the crazies on the left ASSUME
2. NO persons of color can live in a small town and be a part of the community, sharing the values.
No race has a monopoly on being kind and intimate. None.

Reactions: goldmom

Could not agree more. Not in my small town would absolutely include black, white and brown people upholding small town values. WE have history of not putting up with the BS.

And the bvllsh1tters know it too and they stay away. They pull that crap in places where it's tolerated and where they are at least somewhat shielded from consequences.

Reactions: goldmom
Could not agree more. Not in my small town would absolutely include black, white and brown people upholding small town values. WE have history of not putting up with the BS.

And the bvllsh1tters know it too and they stay away. They pull that crap in places where it's tolerated and where they are at least somewhat shielded from consequences.
The Alabama town where my relatives live has about 6,000 folks and it’s like this. I always notice it because everybody says Hi to everybody and they know you - regardless of what color you are.

Vivek said something very powerful (although in a different context). As I have shared, my grandfather escaped the holocaust. Had the Jews had AR-15s, the ability for the Nazi's to just rip out 6M plus people, would have been exceptionally costly and thus would not have happened.
Excellent point. Theo doesn't understand though. Sadly, a lot of descendants of the Holocaust didn't learn a damn thing from it either.:(

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT