ADVERTISEMENT

I'm looking forward to Gator Baseball.

instaGATOR

Bull Gator
May 29, 2001
Last year, the true sophomore broke the BBCOR-era home run record with an astounding 33 blasts while also serving as the Gators' Sunday starting pitcher, dialing up 99 mph fastballs in the same games that he'd hit towering big flies.

A good reed imo.

Last year, the true sophomore broke the BBCOR-era home run record with an astounding 33 blasts while also serving as the Gators' Sunday starting pitcher, dialing up 99 mph fastballs in the same games that he'd hit towering big flies.

A good reed imo.

Sully does a great job with portal and recruiting balance.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Pretty exciting team coming back. Need the young pitching to step up, but we’ve got a lot of hitting coming back and the transfers we added are impressive. If Cags figures out how to throw strikes, look out.

Pretty exciting team coming back. Need the young pitching to step up, but we’ve got a lot of hitting coming back and the transfers we added are impressive. If Cags figures out how to throw strikes, look out.
I think the bullpen will actually be improved but need to replace the weekend guys.

Gator 2023 Pitchers: 6 LHP & 13 RHP

LHP/1B Jac Caglianone 6-5 245 So - Tampa, FL-

LHP Carsten Finnvold 6-1 190 So - Boca Raton, FL

LHP Philip Abner 6-1 230 So - Charlotte, NC

LHP Pierce Coppola 6-8 240 So - Verona, NJ

LHP Cade Fisher 6-4 215 Fr - Dalton, GA

LHP/OF Chris Arroyo 6-2 220 Fr - Gurabo, Puerto Rico

=====

RHP Brandon Sproat 6-3 215 Jr* - Pace, FL

RHP Hurston Waldrep 6-2 210 Jr - Thomasville, GA

RHP Clete Hartzog 6-0 175 Jr* - Panama City, FL

RHP Tyler Nesbitt 6-3 200 rsSo* - LaBelle, FL

RHP Nick Ficarrotta 6-3 190 rsSo* - Palm Harbor, FL

RHP Ryan Slater 6-3 190 rsSo - Palm Harbor, FL

RHP Blake Purnell 6-3 210 rsSo - Boynton Bch, FL

RHP Brandon Neely 6-3 210 So - Seville, FL

RHP Fisher Jameson 6-3 220 So - Lake Worth, FL

RPH Anthony Ursitti 6-4 215 So - Ft. Myers, FL

RHP Sam Sloan 6-3 200 rsFr - Bartow, FL

RHP Jake Clemente 6-3 225 Fr - Coral Springs, FL

RHP/1B Yoel Tejeda Jr 6-8 215 Fr - Davie, FL

Neely was slotted as the Sunday starter this year but took a move to the pen at Sully’s request so Cags could pitch. Sully said position players can’t pitch out of the ‘pen (I guess because they can’t warm up?). So big team-first move by Neely, and you would think that’s 2/3 of our rotation right there.

it’s been kind of a trend for the Gators that they have pitchers with great stuff that have trouble throwing strikes. If I was coaching cags I would just tell him to throw it in the strike zone and don’t even worry about location or missing bats. Not too many college bats are going to square up high 90s from the left side.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT