ADVERTISEMENT

How good does Franks' Red Sox deal look now ?

Franks now knows that In the game of football, you are only 1 play away a career ending injury.

Will Franks return to UF ?

He signed a contract for 40K per year. He can get a job from dozens if not hundreds of UF alumni that pays better.

The idea that he would leave to play baseball is pretty dumb.

He signed a contract for 40K per year. He can get a job from dozens if not hundreds of UF alumni that pays better.

Then again numerous Florida alumni baseball players left with a UF degree to make minor league pay for years upon years.

Most don't go to the minors for the pay. It's to live out the dream of playing baseball and hoping to get to the MLB.

I mean Tim Tebow....

Franks with football depends on how his ankle rehabs. o_O

I suppose that it would also be the same for a baseball pitcher, not sure???
But baseball is generally a lot easier on the body than football is.
If he has a full 100% recovery, then football is still an option.

If he has a 95 mph fastball and control, 40K would just be the AAA beginners pay.
Maybe he should come back to UF next year and try out with O'Sul. .
They can always use another good pitcher....

I (like most other Gator fans) wish him well in whatever he chooses to do in the future.

Reactions: gatordad3
Then again numerous Florida alumni baseball players left with a UF degree to make minor league pay for years upon years.

Most don't go to the minors for the pay. It's to live out the dream of playing baseball and hoping to get to the MLB.

I mean Tim Tebow....

But Franks stopped playing his junior year to focus on football. Doesn't sound like a guy with the love of the game. I don't want to hear about Tebow, that cat is unique.

I mean Tim Tebow....
Never understood why Tebow wouldn’t accept a position change. He could still be in the league.

Never understood why Tebow wouldn’t accept a position change. He could still be in the league.

Meh. He came into the league at the wrong time.

You can be the guy you usually are but it wasn't long after Tebow that the NFL started to change their offenses and allow Tebow type QBs to accel.

He doesn't have good hands so TE doesn't make
Sense and I think he'd be an above average RB at best.

I hate that he's ducking around with the baseball gig.

You've got a good gig with the SEC Network. Just do that.

He left Denver with both Bronco and NFL regulare season and playoff records.
His first 16 NFL games were better than John El'Dimways or Pettie-pies,,, did they change positions? El'Dimway hated Tebow because 'his' fans loved Tim.

Tim threw more than twice as many TD's as Ints, plus he ran for over 1,000 yds.
And he did that coming into the seasons as a backup, cold off the bench without the benefit of the starters reps in the preseason or the regular season practices. He did that in Denver after El'Dimway traded away their Top 2 WR's, leaving Tim to throw to scrubs and FNG rookies.

Foot fetish 'Stupidimus Rex' at the Jets put him in twice on fake punts.
He ran for a 1st down on one, and he passed to the TE for another.
So (fired shortly after) 'Stupidimus Rex' played the Sanchize instead of Tebow.

I'm not surprised that you don't understand, it's not a new thing for you,,, dumbazz... o_O

But Franks stopped playing his junior year to focus on football. Doesn't sound like a guy with the love of the game. I don't want to hear about Tebow, that cat is unique.

Let me rephrase it to the love of competition, not the love of a particular sport. Just the love of sports. He has a chance to get paid to play a sport where he can get paid with less likely chance of having his ankle being dislocated vs the office setting. Play for a while, see if he ever makes the big leagues, if not then go to the regular 9-5 a few years later.

Reactions: gatordad3
Tim Tebow NFL
Elway sucked as a rookie. (go look it up)

1/25 Draft Pick to Denver Broncos
On July 29, Tebow signed a five-year contract with the Broncos that had a base value of $11.25 million (he could make as much as $33 million through certain performance-based incentives). The contract included $8.7 million guaranteed.

2010 - Orton injured, so Tim started the last 3 games going 1-2, the win coming in Oakland's 'Black Hole.'
2011 - After going 1-4 with 7th year Vet QB Kyle Orton in 5 games, Tim finally became the starter.
After Orton goes out, El'Dimway trads away their 2 best WR's, throwing Tim to the Wolves...

Over his 2 season, Tim went 9-7 as the starter, including 1-1 in the Playoffs.
Tebow won an NFL Playoff game in just his 15th NFL start vs the Steelers #1 in the NFL defense.
It took Peyton 34 starts as a Bronco to win a Playoff game.
Rookie Peyton (3-13) broke the NFL rookie record for throwing interceptions (29).

2 seasons, 16 starts (9-7) including the 2 playoff games,
Tim threw for 19 TD's to just 9 Ints. -- Playoff QB Rating = 90.0
Rushing - 212 for 1,052 yds, 4.96 ypc with 13 TD's. - Pro Bowl numbers for a RB.
As of 2017's NFL off-season, Tebow still held at least 6 Broncos franchise records,
Also NFL Playoff records including the quickest OT win in Playoff history.

With the number of loser rejects that are still drawing a check on NFL rosters, asking Tim to switch positions was ludicrous.

Tebow made taking a knee worldwide famous, 'Tebowing.'

Now the NFL players have made going to their knees despicable and borderline traitorous imo.

I'm long done with the disgusting NFL's entire organization...

He got a 40k bonus as a 31st round pick I think and hasn't signed any yearly deal. He would get that low minor league single A pay which would be under 40k a year if he tried it. Trying to think of one but I cant remember anyone ever becoming a player in the big leagues after not playing baseball for 4 years or more since high school. Maybe there has been but can't think of any that truly made a squad for a whole season.

Easy to step away when you have that big bonus and nice money coming in for other things. I still think he could have at least been a back up if teams weren't worried about the mess the media brought with their attacks on him.

Nothing to do with Tim him self.
The Jets organization used Tim to draw attention away from the Giants, then they and 'Stupidimus Rex' chitted him and released him at the end of the 2012 season.

The Pats / Belichick never had a media problem, they managed it properly and professionally and it went away.

They wanted to keep Tim but they only keep 2 QB's on roster. They tried to trade their #2 who was already under contract and couldn't, so they let Tim go after the preseason finished. Tough break. With Brady there, neither were going to play unless Tom went down, so the backup didn't really matter. :rolleyes:

And FYI, Cow-Chip Kelly also chitted Tim for the Sanchize and Badford, which got him fired and run out of town on a rail. Paybacks are hell....o_O

He left Denver with both Bronco and NFL regulare season and playoff records.
His first 16 NFL games were better than John El'Dimways or Pettie-pies,,, did they change positions? El'Dimway hated Tebow because 'his' fans loved Tim.

Tim threw more than twice as many TD's as Ints, plus he ran for over 1,000 yds.
And he did that coming into the seasons as a backup, cold off the bench without the benefit of the starters reps in the preseason or the regular season practices. He did that in Denver after El'Dimway traded away their Top 2 WR's, leaving Tim to throw to scrubs and FNG rookies.

Foot fetish 'Stupidimus Rex' at the Jets put him in twice on fake punts.
He ran for a 1st down on one, and he passed to the TE for another.
So (fired shortly after) 'Stupidimus Rex' played the Sanchize instead of Tebow.

I'm not surprised that you don't understand, it's not a new thing for you,,, dumbazz... o_O
Yeah, how’d all that work out for him? Longevity? MVP? Rings? Dumbass.

He got a 40k bonus as a 31st round pick I think and hasn't signed any yearly deal. He would get that low minor league single A pay which would be under 40k a year if he tried it. Trying to think of one but I cant remember anyone ever becoming a player in the big leagues after not playing baseball for 4 years or more since high school. Maybe there has been but can't think of any that truly made a squad for a whole season.

Untrue. He has literally signed a baseball contract for $40,000. Google it, there are a dozen articles that say the same thing. None say he got a bonus, all say he signed a contract. Here's one now.

https://www.gatorsports.com/2019/07/franks-signs-pro-baseball-contract/

Untrue. He has literally signed a baseball contract for $40,000. Google it, there are a dozen articles that say the same thing. None say he got a bonus, all say he signed a contract. Here's one now.

https://www.gatorsports.com/2019/07/franks-signs-pro-baseball-contract/

He got a 40k bonus from them for having his rights and will get that very low single A money off the bat if he decides to try and play. He gets that 40k I think whether he ever decides to play for them or not - because of giving them his rights if he ever decides to play. Pretty sure he gets it even if he doesn't play.

Let me rephrase it to the love of competition, not the love of a particular sport. Just the love of sports. He has a chance to get paid to play a sport where he can get paid with less likely chance of having his ankle being dislocated vs the office setting. Play for a while, see if he ever makes the big leagues, if not then go to the regular 9-5 a few years later.

You gotta love baseball to shlep around the minors. I really doubt Franks would ever get out of single A. The only reason he got drafted was a 98 mph fastball. But pro pitchers need pinpoint accuracy.

You know what I'm thinking.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Playing a position he's never played? I think made the right decision to remain a QB. The same probably could be said about Georgia's former QB's, Quincy ?Carter? And DJ Shockley. Both of whom had great careers at Georgia. Tebow seems to be doing fine at ESPN and having a blast with several former Heisman winners in a Nissan commercial.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT