ADVERTISEMENT

good ol' ba-RAK has even begun affecting

nastycracker

Green Machine
Jan 5, 2012
saturday's at BHG. I noticed a good 10k empty seats, and this was the SEC opener against ciTrUs. that would have never happened even 5 or 6 yrs ago.

Have we won any National Championships since Obama took over?
confused0006.r191677.gif

The economy as part of the puzzle, we can debate where blame lay with that, but it isn't the entire problem. Part of the problem is how comfortable it now is to watch the game at home, especially given cost of attendance. At UF a large part of the issue is the gestapo type presence of the police at games, I don't feel like i am at a game so much as a festive internment camp.

I haven't been to g'ville for a game in a couple of years, but are the police still ok with open containers and such near the tailgate i.e. not on the sidewalks and roads???

Originally posted by neoteric lefty:
I haven't been to g'ville for a game in a couple of years, but are the police still ok with open containers and such near the tailgate i.e. not on the sidewalks and roads???
No, as a matter of fact there are now undercover cops looking to bust you for this, even at your tailgate. We have the machen anti booze stasi now.

Originally posted by neoteric lefty:
We tailgate with plenty of adult beverages the only time anyone has ever said anything to us was 3-4 years ago when one cop told one person not to drink out of a beer bottle. They see us smoking cigars (not supposed to do that either) and, if they watched us for a few minutes, they would see alcohol but we've never had an issue.

wow... things have gotten worse. I can understand cracking down on drinking on the right of way and such, but this is pretty much defeating the reason to tailgate (At least for me).

Is it an NCAA rule or each Universities choice whether or not to sell beer at their stadiums?

Also, is/are their any study or data which shows differing issues between college stadiums which do and don't sell beer? (ie is there more violence etc at one more than the other?)

Originally posted by GatorTheo:
Have we won any National Championships since Obama took over?
confused0006.r191677.gif
Negatory.

We beat OU on 1/8/09.....about 2 weeks before B.O. was inaugurated.

Originally posted by Dr. Nole:

Is it an NCAA rule or each Universities choice whether or not to sell beer at their stadiums?

Also, is/are their any study or data which shows differing issues between college stadiums which do and don't sell beer? (ie is there more violence etc at one more than the other?)
I know for a fact West Virginia sells it at their stadium. Stops selling at the end of the 3rd quarter. I heard Oliver Luck their AD talking about on Cowherd one day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT