ADVERTISEMENT

Good article on Kyle Trask

OMG, what is wrong with you? Get off your dad's computer and ask your mom to put you in summer camp already!

Yet another idiot troll yapper chimes in.... o_O

I was at Old Florida Field when SOS was our QB.
Where were you back then, punk? :cool:

QB-PP Kyle Trask 6-4 230 Fr - EE - 4.0 Student, Eagle Scout

Tx 6A HS, Jr/Sr conbined: (1-B Backup QB, playing the 3rd and 7th series in most games)

Passing - 95 of 132, (72%) for 1,545 yds, 11.7 yds/att, 16.3 yds/comp, 16 TD's, 0 Ints.
Rushing - 2 additional TD's on limited (mostly scramble) runs.

And he didn't throw a lot of 5-6 yard 'dink & dunk-junk' either, (11.7 yds/att, 16.3 yds/comp).

QB-PP Kyle Trask 6-4 230 Fr - EE - 4.0 Student, Eagle Scout

Tx 6A HS, Jr/Sr conbined: (1-B Backup QB, playing the 3rd and 7th series in most games)

Passing - 95 of 132, (72%) for 1,545 yds, 11.7 yds/att, 16.3 yds/comp, 16 TD's, 0 Ints.
Rushing - 2 additional TD's on limited (mostly scramble) runs.

And he didn't throw a lot of 5-6 yard 'dink & dunk-junk' either, (11.7 yds/att, 16.3 yds/comp).

Hopefully the kid is the real deal. Do you think we should start him as a true frosh or let him have a year? I see the positives to both, assuming he is the best playmaker on the roster of course.

Reactions: miksta
Hopefully the kid is the real deal. Do you think we should start him as a true frosh or let him have a year? I see the positives to both, assuming he is the best playmaker on the roster of course.

I think a lot of it will come down to the oline. If our QB is getting smashed each game, I'd rather see him get a redshirt and let LDR and Appleby take the hits.

I see the Gator 2016 OL being better than is maybe expected of them.
I see a better group of receivers (WR/RB/TE) to go with solid talent/depth at QB, (for a much needed change on the QB account).
I see a running game that will help the OL when it's a pass play. No more 3rd and long for most of the day.
I see the Mc-Nuss offense taking a major step in year 2.
I see the defense being as good or better than it was last year, 1-2-3 (?) in the SEC and at least a Top 10 in the Nation.

As to the starting QB, I'm okay with whomever wins the job, as long as all 4 are given the same opportunity to win it, (unlike the Spring game). My only wish is that IF LDR does get named the stater, that Trask is the backup instead of Appleby. I'd hold him in reserve and play him only if the 1 & 2 either get hurt or can't get the job done. And for now, I still trust Mc-Nuss to make the right/correct decision on who the starter is. Also, IF LDR is the starter, I'd still like to see Trask get some 'quality' playing time, especially in those first 3 games.

Note: IF LDR is the starter and we lose to tennis-sea, then I'd start Trask vs VU, and maybe the the rest of the way.

As to redshirts at QB, Franks needs one, Trask doesn't. JMOHO's of course. :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT