ADVERTISEMENT

Gators # 79 total offense after 8 games...

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
Florida's offense had 275 yards in this game.

It was easily the worst game the offense has had all season.

This is the first time I can remember seeing you want to talk about offensive stats and rankings LOL

PS: Florida had 576 yards against Vandy, but that didn't fit the narrative...

Reactions: fsu939913
http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/yardsPerGame

Sitting at # 79 now with the rushing game a pretty good # 42 and the passing game a very pedestrian # 99. I think that is better at this point of the season than our best total offense from Muschamp on - which was # 96 in 2014 I think. Being a transition year I think ending up in the 70s would be alright.

Was hoping to push to around 75th for this year by year's end - we should be there or a bit better. AND more importantly our D hasn't taken a step back - and Special Teams are back to being Special.

We’re actually better by advanced stats. We don’t run a lot of plays as we’re a ball control team that tries to limit the QB, so we don’t get a lot of yards typically which shows up in total offense. Not like a lot of those teams running 80 plays a game and running up yardage.

With the upcoming games, Florida's offense will have a chance to improve upon their numbers. A top 50/60ish offense for UF would be great. Perhaps Florida can improve upon their passing game production and get their talented receivers involved more.

Reactions: TennesseeGator

This is the first time I can remember seeing you want to talk about offensive stats and rankings LOL

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame

Florida is still averaging 32 points per game.
That ranks at #42.
Florida's scoring average is not too faraway from other top college football contenders:
Notre Dame (34 ppg), Michigan (36 ppg), etc.
An extra play here or there could have made all the difference.

I would rather score more points than worry about total yards by the offense.

Last edited:

No its not. More made up BS by you as usual.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame

Florida is still averaging 32 points per game.
That ranks at #42.
Florida's scoring average is not too faraway from other top college football contenders:
Notre Dame (34 ppg), Michigan (36 ppg), etc.
An extra play here or there could have made all the difference.

I would rather score more points than worry about total yards by the offense.

The STs and defense has a lot to do with that. I think total offense is a good gauge of how your offense can move the ball when they need to against the competition you are facing.

Its scary seeing Bama at # 2 with that new QB when they have won championships in the low 30s there I think.

The STs and defense has a lot to do with that. I think total offense is a good gauge of how your offense can move the ball when they need to against the competition you are facing.

Its scary seeing Bama at # 2 with that new QB when they have won championships in the low 30s there I think.

Total offense is driven by yards per game. It’s a bad way in today’s day and age to judge an offense because it doesn’t take into account yards per play, 3rd down efficiency, red zone efficiency, etc. It also benefits all those uptempo teams because they run a lot of plays which gets them a lot of yards even if they aren’t efficient or necessarily even good. Look at the top 10 offenses in total offense and almost all of them are uptempo spread teams, that’s not a coincidence.

Total offense is driven by yards per game. It’s a bad way in today’s day and age to judge an offense because it doesn’t take into account yards per play, 3rd down efficiency, red zone efficiency, etc. It also benefits all those uptempo teams because they run a lot of plays which gets them a lot of yards even if they aren’t efficient or necessarily even good. Look at the top 10 offenses in total offense and almost all of them are uptempo spread teams, that’s not a coincidence.
Agreed. I’ve always just thought yards per play is a great stat for a offense efficiency.

No its not. More made up BS by you as usual.

Check the stats for yourself. 275 is the lowest, IIRC Florida had over 500 yards against Vandy and CSU.

Not a lot of talk here about offensive rankings....till today. Florida has its worst offensive game and suddenly its time to assess how the offense looks for the season.

What a coincidence.

The play call has been great this year...and it's nice to see that the play call from game to game (pending the opposing team) has been changed...not just the same old BS that doesn't work. Mullen can really freaking coach...we are so much more effective and you see it in the game.

We are #41 in the country in yards per play.

For comparison purposes FSU is #114 & Miami is #72.

Last year under Mac we were #100 in yards per play.

I would say what Mullen has been able to do with the offense so far borders on miraculous to have that much of an improvement in just 1 season.

Check the stats for yourself. 275 is the lowest, IIRC Florida had over 500 yards against Vandy and CSU.

Not a lot of talk here about offensive rankings....till today. Florida has its worst offensive game and suddenly its time to assess how the offense looks for the season.

What a coincidence.

I have talked about offensive stats etc. many times here.

Just sating its not that good but I will be happy if we end up in the 60s or even 70s this season considering we have basically been triple digits for the prior 7 years.

Mullen can get good total offense numbers if he has a good QB as shown as OC and with Prescott. He actually had a # 8 and # 31 total offense when he had Prescott at QB there.

Passing Yds/Att vs UGly was 5.0, Passing TD's = 1 + 1 Int
Rushing by QB = 3.75 ypc.with a 1 Yd TD + 1 Fum
Both TO's resulted in UGly Pts.

Offense has gone against 4 teams with total defense ranked in top 25. Highest ranked defense for remaining opponents is in mid 50s in fbs. Good opportunity for O to improve upon that #79 spot.

That being said, what we have seen thru 8 games under Mullen puts anything Sharkfvcker fielded to shame.

Reactions: instaGATOR
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT