ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Volleyball 2024

ocalaman

Bull Gator
Sep 4, 2002

Reactions: Nicktheslick
UF wins their season opener in Ft. Collins, CO, beating a very good Colorado St. team 3-1 (25-21, 25-21, 24-26, 25-11). Superstar Kennedy Martin had to be helped off the floor in the 3rd set with an ankle injury and they are still without their AA setter, Alexis Stuckey. But the Gators are 1-0 with a match tomorrow vs. Northern Colorado.

UF wins their season opener in Ft. Collins, CO, beating a very good Colorado St. team 3-1 (25-21, 25-21, 24-26, 25-11). Superstar Kennedy Martin had to be helped off the floor in the 3rd set with an ankle injury and they are still without their AA setter, Alexis Stuckey. But the Gators are 1-0 with a match tomorrow vs. Northern Colorado.
We seem to be snakebit with the injuries in soccer and volleyball.

Gators finished their road trip to Colorado undefeated, neating Michigan State in straight sets Sundy by scores of 26-24, 25-18 and 25-17. Still playing without 5 key players who are hurt, Mary Wise used a makeshift lineup and rotations, getting quality playing time from a lot of players who otherwise might not have played much. Building depth, teamwork and experience while still winning.
Hopefully we get some of our injury ladies back real soon. At home for the next 3 matches - USF of Friday at 7 pm, Southern Indiana Saturday at 4 pm, then Ohio State Sunday at 4 pm on ESPN2!!!

Ocala, any timeline on when we will get some of these players back??
I'm asking a couple of people more in the know that me and will share when I get answers. I did hear over the weekend that Stuckey is practicing some and should be back for conference play, if not sooner.

Mary Wise just gets the best effort out of the team she's got. Always has, always will. My all time favorite Gator coach. Completely healthy, this team can win the national championship. They are 5 starters short right now and still giving it all they've got. Love this team.

Mary Wise just gets the best effort out of the team she's got. Always has, always will. My all time favorite Gator coach. Completely healthy, this team can win the national championship. They are 5 starters short right now and still giving it all they've got. Love this team.
She's been so incredibly consistent at Florida. Good win. Repeating myself, but I hope some of these gals get healthy soon!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT