ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Kicker hits 81 yard field goal in practice....

fsu939913

Bull Gator
Jul 29, 2014
What the...... I know its practice with no rush and a perfect hold....but my GAWD

can just start attempting FG's instead of punting ever again once Zaire starts and gets it past our own 45...

maybe trask and touch the bat for luck like bull durham...

Hey numbers, are you going to be the one to sew Zaire's nutts back on for him when he gets here, or will he just remain nuttless after his loser backup tour of duty at neutered lame? :cool:

Driskel was not Danny nor Tebow, I'll agree with that, but he was not nearly as bad as you and a few others claimed he was. Otherwise, he wouldn't have done so well at LaTech, nor would he now be in the NFL with the 49'ers.

But you don't want my ignorant opinion on him, cause I disagree with you, so here...

DRAFT ANALYSIS:
Driskel looks the part and all the tools are there. He regained some confidence in 2015 after playing under 4 different offensive coordinators in his career. Chip has a chance to see if he can squeeze out all the talent scout's saw in flashes during his career. -- Mark Dulgerian

Rookie with college experience for Louisiana Tech and Florida. He joined Bengals prior to Week 1 as a waiver acquisition from San Francisco ... He started all 13 Louisiana Tech games last season, passing for 4033 yards (third in school history), with 27 TDs and 8 INTs ...Also was standout baseball outfielder in high school; was 29th-round draftee Boston Red Sox in 2013, but did not sign.

Use the below link for the full NFL analysis:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/jeff-driskel?id=2555262

PS
IMO, Zaire is not even a spot on Jeff's butt.... :cool:

Last edited:
Driskel was pretty bad man, even with most of what people wanna pin on the coaching, but the coaches aren't bad enough to not teach the kid how to read defenses with zero ability pre snap, because brissett was not as bad and should have started over him because he was smarter but with far less physical capabilities and that's why they started driskel over him... Driskel being a 5 star and putting up stats at La tech is just meh against those defenses and watching the games to realize how he was doing it and very much still the same exact player with inability to hit any balls down the field at all and still floating up 50 50 balls when guys are running open with steps... and him getting drafted was based on all the stuff you posted of his physical attributes to give him a shot, and he looked exactly the same level of lost out there in the only NFL action he's seen so far... Every single ball he threw and possession looked identical to his games against LSU in 2012 and Bama in 2011, just doesn't have anywhere near what you have to do mentally in that league, in the NFL the QB has to win the play before the ball is even snapped with the speed and athleticism of the defenders... Not just reacting to the play live and waiting for guys to be open for 3 seconds before delivering the ball or you will get smashed or that window will be fully closed by then, he just doesn't have it to be a QB at that level, and none of the problem is physical... He just doesn't see things happen or know how to throw guys open like the good QB's can do, he never has had that...

Ignore the NFL analysis and ignore that he's gettting an NFL paycheck and you never will. That's just fine with me and it costs me nothing to laugh some more... :D

I didnt think driskel was bad. He had bad moments but overall i thought he was good. Not great

Be careful @instaGATOR , this guy outran CJ Spiller. He was the fastest man in the combine when he graduated. Usain Bolt only got him by a step. He was also a 150 white guy LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Reactions: instaGATOR
Yeah, but then he'll shank a 30...go figure.

Before he arrives at UF, Eddy kicked a 77 yarder in shorts, and that went viral.

K Eddie Pineiro made 21 of 25 FG attempts (84%) in 2016.
Eleven (11) of his FG's were from over 40 yards out.
And 3 of those game makes were from over 50 yards out (51-54-54)
So, 14 of his 21 makes (67%) were from over 40 yards out. :eek:
He was also 32 of 32 on X-Pts, (100%). o_O

But you can Sadly go on ahead and focus on his few misses instead... :confused:

Now, in full pads, he's gone viral again with an 81 yarder, (from the 29 yard line).
~ At the start of the kick, there is another Gator kicker on the adjacent field that is kicking from the 40 yard line. :eek: That's working on 70 yard kicks. o_O

Eddy's own top quality work ethic is apparently inspiring the other kickers... :cool:

Have they added an endzone on that end of the field? I thought originally the field stopped at the goal line on that end.

Just checked google maps. Maybe they've changed it since the image was taken, it does look old, but there was no endzone on that end at the time. If not, that would make it a 71 yarder. Still incredible.

I'm not positive, but they called it an 81 yarder and they should know.
Looking at the field as the ball goes through the uprights, it looks to me like the hash marks end and there is an open endzone.

Reactions: BOwens21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT