ADVERTISEMENT

Florida announced John Egbunu is returning for his senior year.

MJWilliamson

Bull Gator
Apr 23, 2007
Surprised, but glad.

RFlorida center John Egbunu has opted to return to the Gators for his final season of eligibility.

Egbunu has averaged 10.0 points and 6.5 rebounds with 84 blocked shots in 58 games and 49 starts as a Gator over the past two seasons. He graduated from UF this spring with a degree in sociology.

"I'm a Florida Gator in my heart, so I wanted another chance to come back and be a Gator," Egbunu said. "I've graduated from here, and I love playing here, being a part of the culture and being with my teammates – it's a fun team to be around. It's also a chance for me to continue to improve and grow as a player and help the team however I can. And I can't forget to mention how great it is to play in front of the Rowdies and all of our Gator fans."

The 6-foot-11 Egbunu had his junior season cut short after tearing his left ACL in the Gators' win at Auburn on Feb. 14. Egbunu's recovery is proceeding on schedule, and he is currently targeting a mid-January return.

Egbunu's return bolsters the Gators' frontcourt depth for the upcoming season. Rising junior Kevarrius Hayes stepped in admirably following Egbunu's injury, helping UF to an Elite Eight run, but Hayes is the only returning Gator besides Egbunu with starts at either the forward or center position.Print Friendly Version

Good news for him & us fans. He won't be available until early January, but when he's healthy he can be force in the middle.

"I'm a Florida Gator in my heart, so I wanted another chance to come back and be a Gator," Egbunu said.

sadgator won't root harder for any gator player in any Florida sport next year. Well done John.

ScreenShot2014-09-09at11.45.37AM.png

I thought that he should, but I'm a little surprised that he did. Thanks Big John...:)

The 2017-18 Gator Basketball Roster has now firmed up:

C John Egbunu 6-11 255 rsSr
C Gorjok Gak 6-11 231 So

C-PF Kevarrius Hayes 6-9 218 Jr
C-PF Isaiah Stokes 6-8 250 Fr - (football DT 6-8 285)

PF Keith Stone 6-8 240 So
PF Dontay Bassett 6-9 222 rsFr

PF-SF Egor Koulechov 6-5 210 Grad-xfer Sr
PF-SF Chase Johnson 6-8 210 Fr

SF-SG Jalen Hudson 6-6 190 rsJr
SF-SG DeAundrae Ballard 6-6 195 Fr

SG-PG KeVaughn Allen 6-2 183 Jr
PG-SG Michael Okauru 6-3 180 Fr
PG Chris Chiozza 6-0 176 Sr

Height & Weight info will likely change by the season's start, as usual. :cool:
==========

For those that didn't like Kasey Hill, take a look at this guy's film and tell me what you think?

PF-SG Michael Okauru 6-3 180 Fr
~ Dunks, blocks shots, drives to the basket, hit 3's, hit the 10' floater, and he can find the open kick back. We'll soon see how he does when moving up a level from his HS competition.

D-Rob with a better outside shot and defense.

Smooth as glass.

C-PF Isaiah Stokes 6-8 250 Fr
This kid kinda reminds me of the young Charles Barkley... :eek:

Last edited:
The guys we have coming back are really solid, and the transfers look very good. I think we're a little thin with the bigs and at pg. Chiozza is very solid, and it probably won't hurt us as much if Allen shifts over to pg, because the transfers look like they can score. It's in Allen's interest to get plenty of time at pg, because there's not too many 6'2" shooting guards in the NBA. He handles it well enough and can get to the rim. The freshmen look talented, but I don't think you can count on them to contribute too much, particularly for a coach like White who plays defense first. Glad Egbunu is coming back, and I hope he's healthy enough to contribute late next season. Exciting times for Gator hoops.

bg, one of the things that I noticed when watching the Fr film is that 'they all seem willing and able to play defense,' and they are pretty good at it. :)

I could see Mike playing any combination of these 5 guys at the 2 guard spots:
PG-SG Michael Okauru 6-3 180 Fr
PG Chris Chiozza 6-0 176 Sr

Just like I could see him playing any of these 6 guys at the 2 forward spots:

Versatility on the entire team roster is what I see as the 'monster' plus for this years team, and that will include having 3-4 guys that can play center.
C John Egbunu 6-11 255 rsSr (back sometime between late Nov and early Jan)
C Gorjok Gak 6-11 231 So
C-PF Isaiah Stokes 6-8 250 Fr

I really would not be surprised to see Mike play all 13 ship guys in a single game, depending on what the other team shows up with.... o_O
That would put '40 minutes of hell' on a whole new level for Gator opponents. :cool:

Last edited:
Stokes: big boy with soft hands and nimble feet, so dangerous! He quickly and adeptly moves his weight around which means the OTHER guy will get more of the foul calls than Stokes will when he powers it inside with a fine touch. I see alot of and 1 calls in his Gator future!

Stokes: big boy with soft hands and nimble feet, so dangerous! He quickly and adeptly moves his weight around which means the OTHER guy will get more of the foul calls than Stokes will when he powers it inside with a fine touch. I see a lot of and 1 calls in his Gator future!
I sure liked his older brother when he was at Tennessee. he gave us fits.

And the Mad-Dog-Dollie was sure that Stokes little brother was gonna be their's.

But after he chose Elite-8 UF over the losers at tennis-sea, he then said that he never wanted that over weight and out of shape chump anyway.... :rolleyes:

So typical of him and his usual FoS, bs content... :cool:

Reactions: TennesseeGator
im very surprised this happened, it's a GREAT thing for our program next year and added with Stokes and the freshman that can score to work with and not ultimately rely too much on them as freshmen like Bradley said... we could have a very good team again next year and make something happen, im anxious to see Stokes play for us and the guards with Chiozza getting more time along with Allen taking over too at each spot for the guards... looks like all the freshman can score a good bit for their age possibly for us...

Mike White lost on some in-state kids (PG's) that I think are better than Mike Okauru. Zack Dawson, combo guard out of Miami and Trent Frazier, scoring PG, out of Wellington. Frazier finished 2nd to Kevin Knox in Mr. Basketball. One heading to the Big 12, the other Big 10. I think Mike is one hell of a coach, I'm just not sure he's a great recruiter. I think we need to bring in better players then what we've seen the last 2 years. Your thoughts?

Why can't Stokes play in 2017-18? I don't find anything that says he can't?
Are you speculating or..... link please.

Stokes, who is No. 60 in the ESPN 100 rankings, said he chose Florida over Iowa State, Tennessee, TCU and North Carolina.

"My heart was at Florida," Stokes said. "I love the plan that Coach (Mike) White has for me. Coach said he's going to give me the opportunity to expand my game. It's a great program and I felt like it was the best fit for me."

PF/C Isaiah Stokes was a two-sport star until about a year ago, when he decided to give up (DL) football. He played both sports as a HS sophomore, but gave up football and lost about 50 pounds in order to focus on basketball.

But he still has his POWER, joining Shak and Dawkins with a backboard shattering dunk in the final minute of an AAU game at the Adidas Summer Championship in Las Vegas.

His many football ship offers included: Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss and Notre Dame.

Last edited:
Mike White lost on some in-state kids (PG's) that I think are better than Mike Okauru. Zack Dawson, combo guard out of Miami and Trent Frazier, scoring PG, out of Wellington. Frazier finished 2nd to Kevin Knox in Mr. Basketball. One heading to the Big 12, the other Big 10. I think Mike is one hell of a coach, I'm just not sure he's a great recruiter. I think we need to bring in better players then what we've seen the last 2 years. Your thoughts?

The last class has 3 ESPN Top 100's and was a Top 10 class... o_O
His 2 transfers, to help them get to the Elite-8 were:
Justin Leon and SEC 6th Man Canyon Barry. o_O

The 2 xfers for this coming season are:
PF-SF Egor Koulechov 6-5 210 Grad-xfer Sr (from Rice)
SF-SG Jalen Hudson 6-6 190 rsJr (from VaTech)

He took BillyD's last losing season players to a 20+ win season in his 1st year. :eek:
He took his 2nd team, with mostly his recruited guys to the Elite-8 his 2nd year. :eek::eek:

I think that Mike White has done an EXCELLENT job all the way around so far. :cool:

Why can't Stokes play in 2017-18? I don't find anything that says he can't?
Are you speculating or..... link please.

Stokes, who is No. 60 in the ESPN 100 rankings, said he chose Florida over Iowa State, Tennessee, TCU and North Carolina.

"My heart was at Florida," Stokes said. "I love the plan that Coach (Mike) White has for me. Coach said he's going to give me the opportunity to expand my game. It's a great program and I felt like it was the best fit for me."

PF/C Isaiah Stokes was a two-sport star until about a year ago, when he decided to give up (DL) football. He played both sports as a HS sophomore, but gave up football and lost about 50 pounds in order to focus on basketball.

But his still has his POWER, joining Shak and Dawkins with a backboard shattering dunk in the final minute of an AAU game at the Adidas Summer Championship in Las Vegas.

His many football ship offers included: Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss and Notre Dame.
Ummmm Stokes tore his ACL. He won't be available at the beginning of the season and likely will just get redshirted.

"Isaiah Stokes has a chance to be a really good player here," White said. "I'm not sure how much of an impact he'll be able to make next year or if he'll even play next year. Those are decisions that him and (trainer) Duke Werner will probably end up making next fall."

I wonder if many of you guys really follow UF sports that closely. I figured everybody knew that Stokes was injured.

Speculation then,,, thanks 19.

If Big John was healed and ready to go, then I wouldn't mind Stokes taking a full season red shirt.

But since Big John is not expected back until sometime between late Nov and early Jan, I'm hoping that Stokes rehab goes quicker, but I'd still not want him back until he's 100%. I'd never risk his future for the present.

When I blew my ACL out, I was back usable in 2 months, and back to as close to 100% as I'll ever be in about 5 months and I had a 20% blow-out. It still twinges on me once in a while, but I've always been able to work around it. People heal / rehab on different time tables, it's a very individual thing in my experience, along with the severity of the individuals major blow-out or minor tear.

However, if they are getting muscled by a big center in a game, Mike can always put his 3 biggest/meanest PF's in at the same time and giv-um-hell. ;)

(I still wish that we had Pelphrey coaching the Gak, as he really needs to make some progress)

Last edited:
This is speculation

"Isaiah Stokes has a chance to be a really good player here," White said. "I'm not sure how much of an impact he'll be able to make next year or if he'll even play next year. Those are decisions that him and (trainer) Duke Werner will probably end up making next fall."

That is from Mike White himself. Just admit you didn't even know Stokes tore his ACL. It's apparent many on here had no idea Stokes was injured.

This is speculation

That is from Mike White himself. Just admit you didn't even know Stokes tore his ACL. It's apparent many on here had no idea Stokes was injured.

I remembered reading about it, but what I remembered was that he was expected back before Big John was, maybe even by the start of the season. Just admit that you didn't say that it was nothing more than speculation on your part in your 1st post about it, and then we can call it even... :rolleyes:

I didn't know he was but i mean how would i know that in the off season of basketball for a guy that hasn't even played yet or maybe even on campus for next season yet...

The last class has 3 ESPN Top 100's and was a Top 10 class... o_O
His 2 transfers, to help them get to the Elite-8 were:
Justin Leon and SEC 6th Man Canyon Barry. o_O

The 2 xfers for this coming season are:
PF-SF Egor Koulechov 6-5 210 Grad-xfer Sr (from Rice)
SF-SG Jalen Hudson 6-6 190 rsJr (from VaTech)

He took BillyD's last losing season players to a 20+ win season in his 1st year. :eek:
He took his 2nd team, with mostly his recruited guys to the Elite-8 his 2nd year. :eek::eek:

I think that Mike White has done an EXCELLENT job all the way around so far. :cool:

Mike White only recruited 2 classes...He held on to Billy's recruits and got Leon at the tail end. Leon was good for us his senior year. I agree that he has done a good job of landing senior transfers as well. But his first class was ranked 60th overall with his best recruit just transferring in Hester, other 2 guys still unproven, Gak and Bassett. This years group is ranked 20th and again remains to be seen with many other SEC team ranked ahead of us with 5/4 star players. And we haven't addressed the PG situation. Like I said how did White whiff on those 2 kids in state?

I agree he's done an excellent job of coaching but many of those players were Billy's. At some point the Jimmy's and the Joe's are going to catch up to us. Your thoughts?

I knew only because I read so much from so many different sources, but like I said, I thought that they said that it wasn't real bad and he had a chance to be there from the get-go. Pack-O didn't even mention why he WILL BE redshirt, leaving me wondering if there was some other problem going on that I was unaware of? :confused:

Stokes can't play next year. He will get redshirted.

And he also made it sound 'definitive' and not some kind of maybe speculation, which is why I politely asked him about it.... o_O (no good deed goes unpunished)

Mike White only recruited 2 classes...He held on to Billy's recruits and got Leon at the tail end. Leon was good for us his senior year. I agree that he has done a good job of landing senior transfers as well. But his first class was ranked 60th overall with his best recruit just transferring in Hester, other 2 guys still unproven, Gak and Bassett. This years group is ranked 20th and again remains to be seen with many other SEC team ranked ahead of us with 5/4 star players. And we haven't addressed the PG situation. Like I said how did White whiff on those 2 kids in state?

I agree he's done an excellent job of coaching but many of those players were Billy's. At some point the Jimmy's and the Joe's are going to catch up to us. Your thoughts?

April 30, 2015, BillyD takes the Thunder job.

2015 - 4
PF/C Hayes
was a life long Gator and he was always coming to UF, no matter who the coach was. He quickly told White as much when he went to re-recruit him.
SG Allen had to be re-recruited by White, with many thinking that he would go elsewhere. White beat out his home state Ark and re-recruited him to UF.
PF Stone was re-recruited by White and then redshirted because he was not yet ready to play. White brought him up to speed and he was on fire to begin last season before the viral infection took him down for most of the rest of the year.
JuCo PF Leon had committed to White at LaTech. When White left, LaTech released him. White then recruited him to UF, because he believed that Leon was good enough for the SEC. He might even be good enough for the NBA now, but Pro ball somewhere I'm betting.

~ Your attempts to give White no credit for recruiting that class is total BS imoho. The fact is, they signed with Mike White, not with BillyD. o_O

How many recruits you take in a class depends on the # of available ships.

2016 - 3
PG Hester
would stand around looking clueless in the games and he was marginal at best with his ball handling and assists. It was apparent to me that he was unlikely to ever be a quality defender. After looking at the roster for 2017-18 (Michael Okauru), he correctly decided to drop down to Akron with his xfer. Good luck to him, he seemed like a good kid with a pretty good outside shot at times..
SF Dontay Bassett 6-8 205 *** - He arrived listed as a SF and with a fractured foot he took a redshirt.
PF Dontay Bassett 6-9 222 rsFr - Watching him now, I think that he could be a better overall player in White's system than 5 star D-Rob was, but we'll see.
#20 C Gorjok Gak 6-11 231 *** - Arrived very raw, but with high future potential.
He was released by OkSt when they fired their coach.
==========

2017 - 4 - (5) -- Per ESPN B-Ball Recruiting -- Class Ranking 11. UF
(and the #11 Class ranking does not take into account Grad-xfer Egor)

#9 C Isaiah Stokes 6-8 250 Fr **** ESPN 60/100 (rehabbing a minor ACL tear)

#15 SG/SF DeAundre Ballard 6-6 195 Fr **** ESPN 63/100

#18 PF Chase Johnson 6-8 210 Fr **** ESPN 96/100

#41 SG/PG Michael Okauru 6-4 190 Fr ****

SF/PF Egor Koulechov 6-5 210 Grad-xfer Sr
>>>
IMO, he's the best available Grad-xfer in the Nation.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/57/florida-gators
Others are free to go by another ranking service, it's your choice on who to believe.

Last edited:
April 30, 2015, BillyD takes the Thunder job.

2015 - 4
PF/C Hayes
was a life long Gator and he was always coming to UF, no matter who the coach was. He quickly told White as much when he went to re-recruit him.
SG Allen had to be re-recruited by White, with many thinking that he would go elsewhere. White beat out his home state Ark and re-recruited him to UF.
PF Stone was re-recruited by White and then redshirted because he was not yet ready to play. While brought him up to speed and he was on fire to begin last season before the viral infection took him down for most of the rest of the year.
JuCo PF Leon had committed to White at LaTech. When White left, LaTech released him. White then recruited him to UF, because he believed that Leon was good enough for the SEC. He might even be good enough for the NBA now, but Pro ball somewhere I'm betting.

~ Your attempts to give White no credit for recruiting that class is total BS imoho. The fact is, they signed with Mike White, not with BillyD. o_O

How many recruits you take in a class depends on the # of available ships.

2016 - 3
PG Hester
would stand around looking clueless in the games and he was marginal at best with his ball handling and assists. It was apparent to me that he was unlikely to ever be a quality defender. After looking at the roster for 2017-18 (Michael Okauru), he correctly decided to drop down to Akron with his xfer. Good luck to him, he seemed like a good kid with a pretty good outside shot at times..
SF Dontay Bassett 6-8 205 *** - He arrived listed as a SF and with a fractured foot he took a redshirt.
PF Dontay Bassett 6-9 222 rsFr - Watching him now, I think that he could be a better overall player in White's system than 5 star D-Rob was, but we'll see.
#20 C Gorjok Gak 6-11 231 *** - Arrived very raw, but with high future potential.
He was released by OkSt when they fired their coach.
==========

2017 - 4 - (5) -- Per ESPN B-Ball Recruiting -- Class Ranking 11. UF
(and the #11 Class ranking does not take into account Grad-xfer Egor)

#9 C Isaiah Stokes 6-8 250 Fr **** ESPN 60/100 (rehabbing a minor ACL tear)

#15 SG/SF DeAundre Ballard 6-6 195 Fr **** ESPN 63/100

#18 PF Chase Johnson 6-8 210 Fr **** ESPN 96/100

#41 SG/PG Michael Okauru 6-4 190 Fr ****

SF/PF Egor Koulechov 6-5 210 Grad-xfer Sr
>>>
IMO, he's the best available Grad-xfer in the Nation.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/57/florida-gators
Others are free to go by another ranking service, it's your choice on who to believe.

2015 Billy signed all those guys besides Leon. If you want to give credit to White for keeping them signed so be it. He lost one to Washington too. 2016 so far look like an awful class but still remains to be seen. Barry was a great pick up but a 1 year guy is what he is. This year's class, does have them ranked in most publications right between 20 and 40, and Mike Okauru is rated a 3 star pg with again most publications saying he's very raw. So again our point guard problem still exist when we had two instate kids that could've of helped. Imoho

And as I've already said, the 2015 class SIGNED with Mike White, not with BillyD. Verbal contracts, are just as good as the paper that they aren't written on. o_O Otherwise, the one that went elsewhere would have still been here. Key-riste but you're thick... :rolleyes:

And also as I've already said, YOU can use/believe anyone that YOU CHOOSE to believe, but I'm going with Mike White's opinion, and the ESPN ratings... :p

And as I've already said, the 2015 class SIGNED with Mike White, not with BillyD. Verbal contracts, are just as good as the paper that they aren't written on. o_O Otherwise, the one that went elsewhere would have still been here. Key-riste but you're thick... :rolleyes:

And also as I've already said, YOU can use/believe anyone that YOU CHOOSE to believe, but I'm going with Mike White's opinion, and the ESPN ratings... :p

As I have said those kids signed with Billy, what they did was choose not get out of their scholarship like Leon did and follow White. :p And also as I've already said, YOU can use/believe anyone that YOU CHOOSE to believe, but even this site has Mike as a 3 star kid and if espn is the highest as a team everyone else has us much lower. Is it that hard to say so far Mike White has do a great job coaching but a sub par job recruiting? I guess Im use to Billy getting 4/5 star kids and White just isn't doing it.

Additionally what do you think of our PG situation? Did you see either of those 2 FL high school players play that we missed on?

They came to play for Mike White, not for BillyD, so hold on to that delusion if you want to. ;)

And Mike has been forced into xfers to fill up holes left in the roster.
That should now taper off to one here and there, like BillyD always did in his time at UF. UF is not likely to compete with the Big Time traditional All Basketball schools in any overall way. Mike will get the occasional 5 star, but I'm fine with the guys that stay for 3-4 years and go away with a UF degree and the occasional championship.

Mike White's sub-par recruiting for a team that went to the Elite-8: :confused:

1. PF Justin Leon Sr (Juco xfer in 2nd year at UF)
2. SG/SF Canyon Barry (Grad-Sr xfer-in)
3. SF/PF Egor Koulechov 6-5 210 Grad-xfer Sr
4. PF Keith Stone rsFr (stalled early by a viral infection)
5. PG Eric Hester Fr
7. C Gorjok Gak Fr
8. PF Dontay Bassett Fr (fractured foot, Fr redshirt)
9. SG/SF Jalen Hudson (xfer-in, practice squad, required redshirt)
That may look like sub-par recruiting for Florida to you, but not to me.

============

2016-17
More newly Departeds: Hill Sr, Leon Sr, Rimmer rsSr, Canyon Barry Grad-Sr, D-Rob Jr E-D
PG Eric Hester So - (4 star rivals Top 100 - playing time xfer-out to Akron)
Hester Fr is a good kid but not a good fit for the Gators. Good luck to him.

He was playing behind PG Hill Sr, PG Chiozza Jr, and SG-PG Allen So.

2017-18
PG Chiozza 6-0 176 Sr
SG/PG KeVaughn Allen 6-2 183 Jr
Allen played some PG as a Soph. He is set to play a lot more PG as a Jr.
That is due to SG/SF depth, and his own solid ball handling abilities.

#41 PG/SG Michael Okauru 6-4 190 Fr **** (solid as a rock)
Okauru is a big guard with a high upside. He has good size, long arms and effortless athleticism. He has a wiry cut to his build right now but the frame to fill out nicely in the coming years.
He shows flashes of playmaking with the ball in his hands.
(and he plays defense, I like him already)

What I see from his film:
1. Sweet outside shooter
2. Plays defense, makes steals
3. Rebounds at both ends of the floor
4. Handles the ball as well as the PG
5. Makes his FT's
6. Dunks or blocks with ease.
7. Can drive to the basket, but will kick it back out when blocked.
8. A really solid TEAM player.
Here are 4 sets of highlights, go see for yourself.

So, how good is Okauru?
I believe that 4 star Top 100 Hester has already answered that question for you. o_O
PG/SG Eric Hester 6-3 167 Fr -- xfer-out to Akron for playing time.

I see no problems at all at the PG position for the coming season.
As to other PG's that went elsewhere, I'm not interested in them at all.
I'm only interested in the student/athletes that WANT to be GATORS!
================

As far as SG/SF goes:

These next 4 will allow Allen to play as much PG as he needs to.
SG-SF Jalen Hudson 6-6 190 rsJr
SG-SF DeAundrae Ballard 6-6 195 Fr
SF-PF Egor Koulechov 6-5 210 Grad-xfer Sr
SF-PF Chase Johnson 6-8 210 Fr
===============

PG Kasey Hill was a 5 Star MickyD-AA (I liked him, some others did not)

PG Scottie Wilbekin was only a 2-3 star with very few offers.
3rd Team AA, 1st Team All SEC, and SEC PoY.
2013 & 2014 SEC All Defensive Team.

Stars are fun to talk about during recruiting season, but don't let them get in the way of taking a superior player with a low ranking but a high potential. Coaches call....
=============

The only players left on the team that came in to play for BillyD are:
PG Chris Chiozza Sr (the only BillyD recruit to start in the next season opener)
C John Egbunu Grad-Sr (available between late Nov to early Jan?)

The other 11 on ships all came in to play for Mike White.
I think that they could be somewhere between the Sweet 16 and the Final 4, barring injuries.

Last edited:
Basketball in Mike White's 3rd Season:

Florida will play Pac12 Stanford in the Phil Knight Invitational on Nov-23.

Florida will play AAC Cincy in the 'Never Forget Games' on Dec-9.
According to Rothstein's CBB Preseason Top 25, 11. Cincy - 12. Florida.

Florida will play ACC Clemson in the Orange Bowl Classic on Dec-16.
This will be their 1st meeting since 1957. They are 9-9 all time.

Florida will play Big12 Baylor in the SEC vs Big12 Challenge on Jan-27.
(both are 2017 Big Dance teams, UF E-8, BU S-16)

Mike White - B-2-B 20+ win seasons, 2016 SEC CoY.
And a Finalist for National CoY
2015 21-15 (.583 - NIT) -- 2016 27-9 (.750 - Elite-8)
2017 ESPN #9 Recruiting Class (4) with 3 Top 100's.

White has now received his 2nd raise and contract extension from the AD/UAA. He is now under contract through 2023.
The Gator AD has said that he is very happy with White and hopes that he will be at UF for many years to come. (I agree, and have from the very beginning of his tenure. He is as near to a perfect replacement for BillyD as any Gator fan could have hoped for imo)

As I have said those kids signed with Billy, what they did was choose not get out of their scholarship like Leon did and follow White. :p And also as I've already said, YOU can use/believe anyone that YOU CHOOSE to believe, but even this site has Mike as a 3 star kid and if espn is the highest as a team everyone else has us much lower. Is it that hard to say so far Mike White has do a great job coaching but a sub par job recruiting? I guess Im use to Billy getting 4/5 star kids and White just isn't doing it.

Additionally what do you think of our PG situation? Did you see either of those 2 FL high school players play that we missed on?

I said that D-Rob was not ready and/or not good enough, to go early to the NBA. Apparently the NBA felt the same since D-Rob went undrafted. IMOHO, at 6-8 190, he would have gotten 'punked' going against the full grown men in the NBA.
He will now attempt to play his way on to the Wizards roster (practice squad) in the summer league.

C.Walker, K.Hill, and D-Rob, all look to have been over-rated 5 stars brought in by BillyD. And for any that think that Mike White is winning with BillyD's players, just remember that in the last 4 years, UF has had ZERO players taken in the NBA draft....

As to the PG's, I've already addressed that in an above post, but I recently learned that one of the incoming LB'ers was also a PG (OLB Nick Smith 6-3 210) and he would like to continue as a 2-sport athlete. I don't know if he's good enough for that, but he's at least a deep depth PG maybe...
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...tors-lb-nick-smith-ready-to-make-his-own-mark

At least White has filled up most all of the holes with multiple guys that can play multiple positions. I don't really see Stokes or Eg as a problem with how things are shaping up.

C John Egbunu 6-11 255 rsSr
C Gorjok Gak 6-11 231 So

C-PF Isaiah Stokes 6-8 250 Fr - (football DT 6-8 285)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT