ADVERTISEMENT

FINALLY: Daylight Saving Time to Be Made Permanent

kjfreeze

Gator Great
Jan 17, 2005
I approve of this message.
The U.S. Senate voted unanimously on Tuesday to make Daylight Savings Time permanent, a move supporters say would make winter afternoons brighter and end the twice changing of clocks.
The measure still needs approval from the U.S. House of Representatives and the backing of President Joe Biden. On Sunday, most of the United States resumed Daylight Savings Time, moving ahead one hour. The United States will resume standard time in November 2022.
Senator Marco Rubio said after input from airlines and broadcasters that supporters agreed that the change would not take place until November 2023.

I’m all for not jerking the clocks around and staying on God’s time, but would prefer to stay on Standard Time. JMO and unfortunately I’m very unlikely to get my way on this…..
You and I are opposite on this one. I prefer DS, but want to stay on it. My justification is I like more daylight after work, year round.

That fall back, dark when you drive home would piss me off.

Now it’s not as relevant to me, but when I was an 8-5er…..hated it.

You and I are opposite on this one. I prefer DS, but want to stay on it. My justification is I like more daylight after work, year round.

That fall back, dark when you drive home would piss me off.

Now it’s not as relevant to me, but when I was an 8-5er…..hated it.
If I were still working, I'd agree. But I'm retired too, and now it's not important. But either way, it sucks to keep having your biological clock jerked around twice a year. I've noticed I'm sleeping in later now and hate that. My body is still on the prior time. As long as they leave it one way or another, I'm good.

Pitch black darkness at 4:30 pm in the late fall is NOT normal. Get that shit outta here.
That's just the thing.......different in every state, and depending on where you are in your time zone. Never got dark in FL before 5:30 pm . Hated that as well. I'm good with full time DST. But I won't cry if its not. Just stop effing with it either way.

It'll disrupt the space/time continuam and cause massive flooding, record heat and huge hurricane type storms up and down and all the way around the planet.

The flooding will be caused by all the huge hurricane type storms and a complete melt down of Antarctica because the extra sunlight at the end of the day will be the culprit driving the record heat throughout the world.

It won't lower the price of gas, it won't lower the price of goods/services and food but it will ring in the age of Al Gore and John Kerry, aka, "the Age of Aqueerium" - think 5th Dimension.

I personally prefer more sunlight at the end of the day so I vote for DST moving forward.
I say this with all due respect as it relates to the climate change gestapo because it must be so hard to accept that the person you take orders from is Herman Munster.

By the way, how's that climate change/global heating thing working out for the folks in Ukraine ??

4 states have already signed into law permanent Daylight Saving Time, but of course can't make the move under current federal law.

Shocking to me? Lester Holt of NBC Nightly News tells me the Senate vote was unanimous.
Sunny, the Constitution does NOT give the Feds say over time.
Any power not granted to the Feds by the sovereign people, remains with the states and/or the people.

And 17 states already don't follow the time changes.

Ron should ignore the un-Constitutional Feds.
The sovereign people of Florida have already voted to stop the clock switches.

Sunny, the Constitution does NOT give the Feds say over time.
Any power not granted to the Feds by the sovereign people, remains with the states and/or the people.

And 17 states already don't follow the time changes.

Ron should ignore the un-Constitutional Feds.
The sovereign people of Florida have already voted to stop the clock switches.
A FL gov signed into law DST only a few years back. FL remains using standard time. Rubio asked the Senate for a waiver for states wishing to use DST year round. The Senate showed no interest.

HI and AZ choose not to use DST, which is legal under current Federal law.

Reactions: NavigatorII
Being retired, clock changes are irrelevant to me. I go along with them for appointments sake only.

It doesn't affect my lifestyle, my dinner time, or my sleep schedule....
Most days, I don't know what day of the week it is, or what time it is unless I have some reason for needing to know, then I look at a clock.
Heck, I just flipped my wall calendar over to March from Feb. today, for just one example...

Civil Disobedience to the Feds BS time changes, by the Florida State Government and it's sovereign citizens, is now in order.

Too many people have forgotten who is in charge in America.
Hint: Sovereignty belongs to the citizens, not to the out of control public servants.

It's the Sovereign People, if they would just Wake TF UP.
Public Servants are not the one's in charge, unless we allow them to be, which is the root of all of the current day problems imo.
😡

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT