ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy fact relating to National Championship winning QB if true...

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008

I would have never believed that Newton did that without a WR or RB on the team that ever got the ball in an NFL game and with only one of the O linemen ever starting an NFL game. And to do that in the SEC with Bama being dominant like they were. Just shows you in college what a real good mobile QB can do despite not having many top players around him. Newton and the DTs basically won that championship. It would be hard to argue that wasnt the best college season ever by a QB when it came to results on the field and what support he had.

Cam was sensational but Auburn's a .500 team without him. UF was 4-4 in the SEC, Bama was 5-3, UGA was 3-5, LSU was 6-2. Then AU draws Oregon in the big game. AU needed a furious comeback to beat Bama and even the UGA game was a war for a while. Cam + smoke and mirrors. The next season, AU was 4-4 in the SEC and got blasted several times.

Cam was sensational but Auburn's a .500 team without him. UF was 4-4 in the SEC, Bama was 5-3, UGA was 3-5, LSU was 6-2. Then AU draws Oregon in the big game. AU needed a furious comeback to beat Bama and even the UGA game was a war for a while. Cam + smoke and mirrors. The next season, AU was 4-4 in the SEC and got blasted several times.

I was surprised how Auburn's defense slowed down that Oregon attack. That team was a machine on offense that year.

Reactions: bradleygator
That's interesting. Here's another, FSU was in the first BCS championship game and the last BCS championship game. We were also in the first 4 team playoff and the last 4 team playoff is this yr.....hmmm (really rooting against this but the stat would be pretty cool)

Reactions: Gator Fever
I would root for anyone against FSU or GA. If they played each other for a championship it would be tough but since I am in FL I would probably rather GA win so I didnt have to hear about it so much.
Nah, $%^& Georgia, rather have Natties kept in-state. Now if we're talking Miami or Georgia, that's a closer call as I don't know which I can't stand more, the southern preppy Georgia d-bags or the city clubbing MIA d-bags. Now, I don't live in Florida and wasn't raised there but I did my 4 years time in G'ville and having lived in NYC metro area makes me detest the Miami team and fanbase more so than FSU as MIA is that arrogant cologne smelling, superficial dressing, dolled up arrogant douchbaggery people like NYC area. I detest arrogant NYC people, I detest arrogant Boston people, and I detest arrogant Miami people. MIA mentality is NYC mentality with warmer weather.

NYC, MIA, Boston fans all obnoxious loud mouths. Tennessee fans and LSU fans are the obnoxious loud fans when it comes to Southerners so I detest those fanbases too. If I didn't go to UF, then I'd probably have no issue with Georgia, haha.

Nah, $%^& Georgia, rather have Natties kept in-state. Now if we're talking Miami or Georgia, that's a closer call as I don't know which I can't stand more, the southern preppy Georgia d-bags or the city clubbing MIA d-bags. Now, I don't live in Florida and wasn't raised there but I did my 4 years time in G'ville and having lived in NYC metro area makes me detest the Miami team and fanbase more so than FSU as MIA is that arrogant cologne smelling, superficial dressing, dolled up arrogant douchbaggery people like NYC area. I detest arrogant NYC people, I detest arrogant Boston people, and I detest arrogant Miami people. MIA mentality is NYC mentality with warmer weather.

NYC, MIA, Boston fans all obnoxious loud mouths. Tennessee fans and LSU fans are the obnoxious loud fans when it comes to Southerners so I detest those fanbases too. If I didn't go to UF, then I'd probably have no issue with Georgia, haha.

It seems my age (54) was around the age range where many Gator fans started considering FSU the biggest rival but most people I know upper 50s and above see Georgia as our biggest rival. I just cant stand when FSU beats us as there are quite a few of those fans where I live. Miami only has bandwagon fans here if they are vying for a championship so I havent hardly seen any for a couple of decades.

Reactions: ih8f$u

Da U fans are the worst, there should be a bag limit on them.

Reactions: Countygator1
Da U fans are the worst, there should be a bag limit on them.
Miami and Tennessee fans are the loudest preseason and after winning the first few games but thankfully they fade away as the losses come. It sucked 20 years ago when they were contenders. Now, it appears they are getting better so the MI-yayo hood trash and the hillbilly country trash will be more visible. "All bout daaaa U!" and "Vawls BITCH!" will be out and about again annoyingly, haha.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
The come from behind win against Bama that year was epic. Going from memory...I was in Park City on vacation and Bama was up on them by like 24 points...maybe 4 TD's...they came from behind to win. It was incredible. Cam single handedly took that game over. That weekend had some amazing games...it was the same weekend that Nevada and Boise went to like 3 or 4 OT's.

Miami and Tennessee fans are the loudest preseason and after winning the first few games but thankfully they fade away as the losses come. It sucked 20 years ago when they were contenders. Now, it appears they are getting better so the MI-yayo hood trash and the hillbilly country trash will be more visible. "All bout daaaa U!" and "Vawls BITCH!" will be out and about again annoyingly, haha.
Miami is getting better?? They were horrendous last year and haven’t been good in years.

Miami is getting better?? They were horrendous last year and haven’t been good in years.
I didn't watch Miami play last year but from posts I've read on here about how their boosters, recruiting, money, and Mario are "going to be a problem" for us I inferred they were on the up and up in this new age of NIL.

I didn't watch Miami play last year but from posts I've read on here about how their boosters, recruiting, money, and Mario are "going to be a problem" for us I inferred they were on the up and up in this new age of NIL.
They were terrible. Just look at their record and who they lost too and the score of some of their games. Their 2023 recruiting class was very good due to Ruiz and Mas brothers, etc. Cristobal is a good recruiter but Mario himself isn’t going to be a problem because he is a terrible coach. Now so far Miami’s 2024 recruiting class is pretty bad. Let’s see what kind of season Miami has and how their 2024 recruiting class ends up looking.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
They were terrible. Just look at their record and who they lost too and the score of some of their games. Their 2023 recruiting class was very good due to Ruiz and Mas brothers, etc. Cristobal is a good recruiter but Mario himself isn’t going to be a problem because he is a terrible coach. Now so far Miami’s 2024 recruiting class is pretty bad. Let’s see what kind of season Miami has and how their 2024 recruiting class ends up looking.
Miami is going to be an interesting test case for NIL. If they outbid everybody will they continue to pull good kids even with no on field success, or will kids stop going there? Or, will Miami just continue to ramp up the offers until they get the kids anyway? Because if it's the latter, the haves and have nots are going to get very separated very quickly. And we might become a have not, TBH. After all, where is our multi billionaire football lover to have so much liquid capital that dropping 30 million a year with zero financial return is no big deal?

Miami is going to be an interesting test case for NIL. If they outbid everybody will they continue to pull good kids even with no on field success, or will kids stop going there? Or, will Miami just continue to ramp up the offers until they get the kids anyway? Because if it's the latter, the haves and have nots are going to get very separated very quickly. And we might become a have not, TBH. After all, where is our multi billionaire football lover to have so much liquid capital that dropping 30 million a year with zero financial return is no big deal?
Guess we gonna havta get Senator Rubio to send the Feds so far up all the MI-YA-YO's asses that they'll tap out to a shakedown plea deal, haha.

I don't have any info on it but a lot of FSU fans are crying because we have upped our boosters game with recruits some and I think the real big spenders at some other schools have backed off some finally. I think Miami peaked the most recent class and will go down from there.

I don't have any info on it but a lot of FSU fans are crying because we have upped our boosters game with recruits some and I think the real big spenders at some other schools have backed off some finally. I think Miami peaked the most recent class and will go down from there.
Our NIL is better but really more organized/structured than last year. We have a really good staff of recruiters. If recruiting is ever a problem I expect it to be other intangibles not the actual coaches themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT