ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Gray leaving for NFL

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
Defensive back coach Torrian Gray is be departing for a defensive back coaching position in the NFL (Washington) according to a source, just a year after being hired away from his Alma Mater Virginia Tech.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Good thing he held off until after signing day.

Great thing..I wonder however if Edwards and Henderson feel the same...

Great thing..I wonder however if Edwards and Henderson feel the same...

Unless he promised them he was going nowhere I really don't care with what these recruits pull on schools in recent years. I do have a problem with the coaches that do that knowing full well they are about to leave however.

DB-U is not affected much by assistant coaching changes. Gray was only here for 1 year. UF was DB-U long before Gray arrived, and that won't change with his departure. Those guys move around quite a lot. As to the new recruits, if Gray got a nice fat raise, then the whole Gator team should be happy for him, because that's the goal of most all of them, to eventually get a real nice NFL paycheck.

The players/recruits realize that most of the coaches have coached more than one position over their coaching careers. Somewhat like an A-Team, each one can do more than just one job. Plus, hiring a top quality replacement for him a DB-U should not be difficult to do. Mc already has a S.FL recruiter in his new hire, so that part is not going to be a problem.

Welcome to the new guy that's just arriving, and AMF to the one-year guy that's departing... :D

That is a pretty shitty thing to do, if he didn't tell them prior to NSD.

So, you know the date when the Redskin's offer came to him?
Last night? - Last week? Last month? Last year?

IF do-do didn't stink, then it would smell good... :rolleyes:

DB-U is not affected much by assistant coaching changes. Gray was only here for 1 year. UF was DB-U long before Gray arrived, and that won't change with his departure. Those guys move around quite a lot. As to the new recruits, if Gray got a nice fat raise, then the whole Gator team should be happy for him, because that's the goal of most all of them, to eventually get a real nice NFL paycheck.

The players/recruits realize that most of the coaches have coached more than one position over their coaching careers. Somewhat like an A-Team, each one can do more than just one job. Plus, hiring a top quality replacement for him a DB-U should not be difficult to do. Mc already has a S.FL recruiter in his new hire, so that part is not going to be a problem.

Welcome to the new guy that's just arriving, and AMF to the one-year guy that's departing... :D

Why do u call urself DB U? I know u have had some good d backs but its not been substantial better than other schools has it? Would like to see a comparison of fsu and UF over the last 10 years.... Not saying ur wrong, i jus have never looked at the gators as DB U

That is a pretty shitty thing to do, if he didn't tell them prior to NSD.

Its all part if the game/business. It happens everywhere. U can nvr expect a coach to be fully truthful no matter what school they are at.

I agree with u that i dont like it at all.

The Redskins was a done deal a month ago. NBD

And Gray helped Florida sign 5 DB's in the Class of 2017, though he was not the primary recruiter for any of those prospects. (therefore him lying to any of them is highly doubtful) o_O

Also, Bell is a rock solid hire. I doubt that any of our current roster DB's or the new recruits will miss Gray, with coach Bell now in that position. Everyone is free to go ask them though... :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT