ADVERTISEMENT

Football Another Lagway thread

matte1782

Chomp Artist
Gold Member
Mar 1, 2017
After the DJ presser, im convinced. Said everything you want your QB to say. All off-season, Jason kept telling us, wait till Game 1 when we see it with our eyes. Told us not to get caught up in practice reports. I know he was talking about the whole team, not the QB position. Well, we're two games in, and we've all seen it with our own eyes at the QB position.

I like Mertz, I really do. That being said, everything we've ever heard about DJ is he's different. Physically, he's different, arm talent is different. Leadership and character is different. The only caveat, was he's only a freshman, needs to develop, we need to see him in real college games. Well, we've seen it. It looked different last week against Miami's starters. It looked real different last night.

We can't unsee it. I don't want to hear he can't go through progressions, etc. He's the best player on the team right now. The team seemed to respond to him. The defense was flat on the opening drive. After the bomb on the 2nd drive, the defense played like their hair was on fire. The difference in energy was noticeable.

This team need to learn how to win, to play with confidence. The need to learn to believe. Having a game changer at the most important position on the field can be that catalyst.

Will he make mistakes, im sure he will. Will he make enough plays based on pure god given talent to offset the mistakes, I think he will.

If we were a proven winner with a championship roster, I might could be convinced that you start the 5th year senior.

We don't have that roster though. Mertz might not be the reason we lose a game (last weak, you could argue he was), but he doesn't have the physical ability to be the reason we win a game.

Lagaway has the physical ability to be the reason we win. He evidently has the mental strength and maturity to handle the moment. Only thing needed now, is for the staff to give him the opportunity to go out there, and do what he was brought here to do, Rebuild Florida Football.

Man I hope they let him do it. DJ is the future, the future is now, this just has to be his team!!!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.