ADVERTISEMENT

Abortion Bans Fail in South Carolina and Nebraska

RayGravesGhost

Bull Gator
Jun 13, 2021
https://www.yahoo.com/news/abortion-bans-fail-south-carolina-115807139.html
Abortion Bans Fail in South Carolina and Nebraska

South Carolina and Nebraska, two conservative states that have been pushing to ban abortion, on Thursday both failed to pass new bills prohibiting the procedure, preserving wide access to abortion in those states and handing surprise victories to abortion rights advocates.

In Nebraska, a bill to ban most abortions after six weeks of pregnancy — a strict prohibition that would outlaw the procedure before most women know they are pregnant — failed to advance in the state legislature, making it unlikely to move forward for the remainder of this year’s legislative session.

The bill fell one vote short of the 33 needed in order to advance, after two senators did not vote. Gov. Jim Pillen, a Republican who had supported the bill, said after the vote that it was “unacceptable for senators to be present not voting on such a momentous vote.” Pillen, who described himself as “a staunch defender of life” said he was “profoundly disappointed” by the outcome.

In South Carolina, the senate rejected a bill that would ban most abortions in the state. The bill had already been passed by the House, but the Senate’s five women — three of whom are Republicans — opposed the bill and spoke forcefully against it.

Why It Matters

The bills, if they had passed, were likely to be signed into law by Republican governors, and would have been a significant change for state residents. Currently, both South Carolina and Nebraska allow abortion up to around 22 weeks.

Anything close to 6 weeks is a political loser

And what are you going to do with the federal abortion wingnuts?
The truth of that movement is total ban nationwide

Anything close to 6 weeks is a political loser

And what are you going to do with the federal abortion wingnuts?
The truth of that movement is total ban nationwide
Indeed. Total ban, all for it. However, Im perfectlyhappy taking a half loaf today, and coming back for more later. Pro-life people dont give a damn about whether its a political winner or loser.

Indeed. Total ban, all for it. However, Im perfectlyhappy taking a half loaf today, and coming back for more later. Pro-life people dont give a damn about whether its a political winner or loser.

Pro-life people don't give a damn the politics? 🤣

When you have to hide your true beliefs...even from your own constituents :rolleyes:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...d-abortion-nikki-haley-donald-trump-rcna70859
GOP presidential candidates avoid abortion as the 2024 campaign kicks off
Neither former President Donald Trump nor Nikki Haley, the former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, mentioned abortion in their campaign launches.

Reactions: emekz1
Pro-life people don't give a damn the politics? 🤣

When you have to hide your true beliefs...even from your own constituents :rolleyes:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...d-abortion-nikki-haley-donald-trump-rcna70859
GOP presidential candidates avoid abortion as the 2024 campaign kicks off
Neither former President Donald Trump nor Nikki Haley, the former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, mentioned abortion in their campaign launches.
You are talking politicians. I am talking about regular people. I am pro life. I dont hide the true beliefs. I am against abortion. I want it banned. I will vote for and support candidates who promise to destroy planned parenthood and crush the baby killing business.

You are talking politicians. I am talking about regular people. I am pro life. I dont hide the true beliefs. I am against abortion. I want it banned. I will vote for and support candidates who promise to destroy planned parenthood and crush the baby killing business.

How's that working out for you so far?

Take a look at the title of this thread and get back to me... 🤣
Those are battles. Like I said, we will take half the loaf today and we will be back for more. You people didnt think we would get Roe, did you? How'd that work out? We are going to get you. If we can't walk in the front door, we will climb the wall. If we cant climb the wall, we will parachute in. We understand that we wont win every battle, but we will never give up...by any means neccessary

Those are battles. Like I said, we will take half the loaf today and we will be back for more. You people didnt think we would get Roe, did you? How'd that work out? We are going to get you. If we can't walk in the front door, we will climb the wall. If we cant climb the wall, we will parachute in. We understand that we wont win every battle, but we will never give up...by any means neccessary

You left out you would kill medical doctors and staff

Not sure. When is the LAST time that happened?

8 years ago recent enough for you?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ting-the-abortion-wars-begun-by-george-tiller
At least 11 people have been killed by extremists in attacks on abortion clinics since 1993. The most recent was in Colorado Springs in 2015.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/anti...amilies-roe-v-wade_n_62a37f2ae4b0cdccbe4fa969

From 1977 to 2020 in America, anti-abortion activists committed at least 11 murders, 26 attempted murders, 956 threats of harm or death, 624 stalking incidents and four kidnappings, according to data collected by the National Abortion Federation. They have bombed 42 abortion clinics, set 194 on fire, attempted to bomb or burn an additional 104 and made 667 bomb threats.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/11/29/us/30abortion-clinic-violence.html
A Brief History of Deadly Attacks on Abortion Providers
By LIAM STACK NOV. 29, 2015

8 years ago recent enough for you?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ting-the-abortion-wars-begun-by-george-tiller
At least 11 people have been killed by extremists in attacks on abortion clinics since 1993. The most recent was in Colorado Springs in 2015.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/anti...amilies-roe-v-wade_n_62a37f2ae4b0cdccbe4fa969

From 1977 to 2020 in America, anti-abortion activists committed at least 11 murders, 26 attempted murders, 956 threats of harm or death, 624 stalking incidents and four kidnappings, according to data collected by the National Abortion Federation. They have bombed 42 abortion clinics, set 194 on fire, attempted to bomb or burn an additional 104 and made 667 bomb threats.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/11/29/us/30abortion-clinic-violence.html
A Brief History of Deadly Attacks on Abortion Providers
By LIAM STACK NOV. 29, 2015
Soooooo, 11 murders in 43 years. Gotcha.

I always laugh when a black person talks about how much he or she favors abortion, when aa third of all the abortions are performed on unmarried black women. Same with the murder rate where over 50% of all murders are committed by blacks and a huge portion of that is black on black. There is a reason that since 2000 the black population in America has only gone up a by about 1.5%. Yet all you liberal blacks only want to sit back and scream about white supremacy. You favor the killing of the unborn and never talk about blacks killing other blacks. Reggie you re one of those black men who fit firmly in that position.

Soooooo, 11 murders in 43 years. Gotcha.

Spoken like a true cult terrorist
And you're supposedly pro-life right?

Ignoring all of the non-murder violence is quite convenient

Does arson, bombing, and attempted murder not matter since it didn't result in someone dying?

I always laugh when a black person talks about how much he or she favors abortion, when aa third of all the abortions are performed on unmarried black women. Same with the murder rate where over 50% of all murders are committed by blacks and a huge portion of that is black on black. There is a reason that since 2000 the black population in America has only gone up a by about 1.5%. Yet all you liberal blacks only want to sit back and scream about white supremacy. You favor the killing of the unborn and never talk about blacks killing other blacks. Reggie you re one of those black men who fit firmly in that position.

You act like people don't know that already... :rolleyes:

Its not murder so if I believe a woman has the right to control their own body then your whole post is useless

But we do see it for the racist troll that it is given that you think this is some unknown statistic 🤣

once a child unborn or not has a heart beat it is a person- so if you CHOOSE to kill it it is indeed murder

the racist troll on this thread is named raygravesghost - an angry black man who seems to think he is better than anyone else

once a child unborn or not has a heart beat it is a person- so if you CHOOSE to kill it it is indeed murder

If that the case remove the fetus with the heartbeat and let it live on its own not connected to another human being to survive

Remove the fetus when it has a heartbeat..put it on medical devices and send it into the state foster care/adoption system

If its an individual with rights...the mother's rights should be enforced also
She has the right to not have another individual attach itself to her body

the racist troll on this thread is named raygravesghost - an angry black man who seems to think he is better than anyone else

I think I'm better than anyone else?

Where did that come from? 🤣

Ends justify the means huh?

Even if it means electing a traitorous scumbag who lies to you about "caring" about the same issues as you

Remember when conservatives would set their hair on fire about a POTUS (supposedly) lying to them?
Made him "unelectable" they said...

Hint: It had to do with healthcare and keeping your doctor ;)
Now those same conservatives are "OK" with their candidate lying...ends justify the means

Here's some more word salad from trump...its not even coherent thought

But it wasn't intended to be because the trumpers don't hold him accountable for anything

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-dodges-whether-sign-nationwide-195549461.html
Trump dodges question on whether he would sign nationwide abortion ban

Former President Trump dodged a question Thursday on whether he would sign a national 15-week abortion ban as 2024 Republican contenders are facing increasing pressure to clarify their stance on curtailing abortion access at the federal level.

During an interview with New Hampshire-based WMUR, Trump was asked if he would sign a 15-week abortion ban that’s been proposed by Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), if he were elected president again.

“Well, we’re going to look at it. We’re looking at a lot of different options. We got it back to the States. We did the Roe v. Wade thing, which they’ve been trying to get it done for 50 years,” Trump said, referring to the Supreme Court’s decision last year to eliminate the federal right to an abortion.

Trump touted the three conservative Supreme Court justices he nominated to the high court, while adding “we’ll get something done where everyone is going to be very satisfied.”

Pressed again about action at the national level, the former president said, “I think we’ll get it done on some level. It can be on different levels, but we’re going to get it done. I know the issue very well. I think I know the issue better than most and we will get that taken care of.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT