ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Gator baseball

Not like we have a lot of great options, but I have to say I think I would have just stuck with Fisher on Fridays and Peterson on Saturdays. It was worth giving Neely a shot but he had no length. Probably should have stretched him out to start to begin with. Better to have him back in the bullpen. But switching up Peterson, who was improving, for Coppola in the middle of SEC play is a real head scratcher to me. Hopefully Coppola goes out and gets one this week.

Now we’re Coppola on Friday and tba on Saturday. Not ideal.

Yeah Coppola pitched his ass off. Wonder if we go back to Peterson today? Probably Neely given we didn’t use him last night.

Gators go 1-2 vs. Arkansas. Could have easily swept or at least won the series. 11 games left, 9 of them against ranked SEC teams. Got to finish above .500 to make the post season and are 22-21 now.
We were literally 3 plays away from the sweep. We actually played fairly well and our pitching was not awful. Play like this over these next 9 sec games and I could see 6-3.

Reactions: gatordad3
Really thought we were going to turn the season around. Very disappointing to see the bullpen collapse again in game 2. Slater has had a really tough year.

They showed a ton of fight to win game 3. They showed they can compete with anyone anywhere. Just have to make the plays when they’re there.

We’ve got 3 series left to show we’re a tourney team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT