ADVERTISEMENT

Zaire to Florida

While numbers is so totally clueless about most everything, that he remains one of the top entertainments on this board... :cool:

While numbers is so totally clueless about most everything, that he remains one of the top entertainments on this board... :cool:

Why would I take anything seriously the guy that played and coached in SEC says.

You may just want to start operating on the premise that, barring injury, Zaire will start and Scarlett will get the bulk of the carries. Will lead to much less disappointment.

Reactions: sadgator
Your sweet concern for my (your projected belief in what disappoints me) disappointment is greatly appreciated... :rolleyes:

Now excuse me for a moment while I appreciate it at the level that it truly deserves....

hysterical-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

are you even gonna root for us to win once Zaire starts us out 5-0?

Not a chance in hell that I'm rooting for any US that includes all of the twits like you. :rolleyes:

I've been a Gator fan since Steve was our QB.
I sat through every game of Pell's 0-10-1 season.
I'm a Gator fan. I'm not now and have never been an us fan...

And I've already made a post on this board to welcome Zaire to UF,,, NOW that he's actually on the Gator roster, even as difficult as that was for me, because of how much I disdain the nuttless of neutered lame...

For now he gets a pass, but the first time he 'screws the pooch,' I'll go after him with an ax,,, metaphorically speaking anyway... o_O

As always, I'd rather leave you in suspense with your ignorance.
Remember, you don't like me, so try talking to someone else... :cool:

I'm all you got, since you have no family, due to your own loser lifestyle... o_O

Talk about a sad/pitiful/loser.... :oops:

Meh. If that makes you feel better, go ahead.

You might as well say "you can't even grow a beard, baby-faced loser."

Wouldn't make it true, and doesn't insult me.

But you seem to enjoy it.

he will be the starter, even del rio knows it and basically said it in anger with his tweet and him not even practicing yet.. If he can't beat out what we have with guys that haven't started and that young, then he's just not that good... But people acting like he was a reject at at ND is a little falsified, he got injured and didn't lose his job to some scrub, the replacement was a top draft pick at the position and is a flat out baller... Zaire seems exactly like the type of QB Texas always has, a big strong arm guy that can run too.. Im glad we got him, he is better than people think and are using his little playing time against him rather than look at the positives he had while he was playing..

Also as iv'e said before, when young QB's get hurt and are forced to leave the playing field for awhile the best mental growth for their game takes place, especially mentally to learn their position with much more film and learning the most important parts of the game the way NFL QB's learn and study film when they develop out of college, and especially appreciation for the game when you are forced out being hurt... New scenery, plenty of weapons and older and more matured, he will start and could easily play better than most think.. He's not cam but I remember no one paying him any mind once he left Florida and played in JUCO and even the Auburn fans acted like he would be average and not a high commodity at QB, look what happens once guys mature, it happens in many cases especially with young QB's finally learning from film upon film studying...

TF?

Cam was one of the most sought after JUCO's... probably ever.

Wasn't he going for like $150,000 or so...K Rogers from your former school working out a deal with Papa Cecil?

Instead of replying to the mind numbing blather of the jerks, how about I just make a post with some meat in it to chew on, something that the jerks like the dunnygoater are so rarely able to do... o_O

Athlon Preseason Gator All Americans:
CB Duke Dawson
K Eddy Pineiro
P Johnny Townsend
----------
That's their guys. Some of my guys to watch are:
DE CeCe Jefferson
DE Jabari Zuniga
CB/S Chauncey Gardener
Every one of the young starting LB's.

~ I believe that the Gator Committee RB's, as a group, will outpreform whoever the SEC's leading RB is. And the Gator's running game won't die if one, or even 2 of their RB's go down injured during the season.

~ Just like as a total group (WR-TE-RB) the Gators might have the best group of receivers in the SEC, if not in the entire Nation.

>>> Answer the questions at QB, and the Gators might have a real shot at grabbing and holding on to the brass ring. :cool:

The truth (as I see it) on Malik Zaire:
~ Zaire was never able to hold on to the job in South Bend-dover.
He was (dual-threat) injured (ankle) out in 2015
Then in 2016 he was benched in favor of DeShone Kizer. Zaire was given every opportunity to be the guy last year. The two split series in the season opener at Texas. Although the Irish came out on the losing end of a 50-47 shootout, Kizer was sensational with 6 total scores.

Zaire, meanwhile, was only 2-of-5 for 23 yards in Austin. A week later hosting Nevada, he was just 4-of-9 for 49 yards in a 39-10 victory, and he only threw 9 passes the rest of the 2016 season. Kizer was a razor-sharp 15-of-18 against the Wolf Pack and put an end to the two-man system — Jelly-Belly-Kelly was criticized for giving Zaire way too many chances vs. UTx — once and for all. So Zaire couldn't even win the starting job for a chitty 4-8 team. :rolleyes:

Zaire's situation is compared to another ND xfer QB, the Gold-brick (Golson). Even if he stopped throwing the ball to the other team, Golson’s tenure at FSU was brief and forgettable. In the end, Seminoles coach Jimbo Fisher may have been better off sticking with Maguire since he had three full years in the scheme under his belt and patiently waited his turn behind Winston. He was a fan favorite, too. Now Zaire comes to Florida with a résumé not nearly as impressive as a Gold-brick's was, once upon a time. :oops:

Phil Steel Ranks Florida as the #1 'Surprise' National Title Contender for 2017. :eek:
Steele defines a “surprise team” as a national title contender that ranks outside the preseason Top 10. To his credit, Steele’s No. 1 surprise team heading into the 2016 season, Washington, made the Playoff after winning the Pac-12.

And it seems that Phil agrees with ole iG on the Gator D for 2017 too: :p
“When I look at Florida this year, here’s what I like about them, starting on the defensive side of the ball. These guys are always good on defense, right? Well last year they lost quite a few guys to injury in the second half of the year, they had to play a lot of freshmen, guys like Jabari Zuniga up front at the defensive end spot, they gained experience. So even though they lose a lot of talented players off the defense, a lot of those departing guys only started 7 or 8 games. They have a lot of the guys that gained experience back, I think they’ll be strong.:cool:

Instead of replying to the mind numbing blather of the jerks, how about I just make a post with some meat in it to chew on, something that the jerks like the dunnygoater are so rarely able to do... o_O

CB Duke Dawson
K Eddy Pineiro
P Johnny Townsend
----------
DE CeCe Jefferson
DE Jabari Zuniga
CB/S Chauncey Gardener

~ I believe that the Gator Committee RB's, as a group, will outpreform whoever the SEC's leading RB is. And the Gator's running game won't die if one, or even 2 of their RB's go down injured during the season.

~ Just like as a total group (WR-TE-RB) the Gators might have the best group of receivers in the SEC, if not in the entire Nation.

>>> Answer the questions at QB, and the Gators might have a real shot at grabbing and holding on to the brass ring. :cool:

Then in 2016 he was benched in favor of DeShone Kizer. Zaire was given every opportunity to be the guy last year. The two split series in the season opener at Texas. Although the Irish came out on the losing end of a 50-47 shootout, Kizer was sensational with 6 total scores.

Zaire, meanwhile, was only 2-of-5 for 23 yards in Austin. A week later hosting Nevada, he was just 4-of-9 for 49 yards in a 39-10 victory, and he only threw 9 passes the rest of the 2016 season. Kizer was a razor-sharp 15-of-18 against the Wolf Pack and put an end to the two-man system — Jelly-Belly-Kelly was criticized for giving Zaire way too many chances vs. UTx — once and for all. So Zaire couldn't even win the starting job for a chitty 4-8 team. :rolleyes:

Zaire's situation is compared to another ND xfer QB, the Gold-brick (Golson). Even if he stopped throwing the ball to the other team, Golson’s tenure at FSU was brief and forgettable. In the end, Seminoles coach Jimbo Fisher may have been better off sticking with Maguire since he had three full years in the scheme under his belt and patiently waited his turn behind Winston. He was a fan favorite, too. Now Zaire comes to Florida with a résumé not nearly as impressive as a Gold-brick's was, once upon a time. :oops:

Phil Steel Ranks Florida as the #1 'Surprise' National Title Contender for 2017. :eek:
Steele defines a “surprise team” as a national title contender that ranks outside the preseason Top 10. To his credit, Steele’s No. 1 surprise team heading into the 2016 season, Washington, made the Playoff after winning the Pac-12.

“When I look at Florida this year, here’s what I like about them, starting on the defensive side of the ball. These guys are always good on defense, right? Well last year they lost quite a few guys to injury in the second half of the year, they had to play a lot of freshmen, guys like Jabari Zuniga up front at the defensive end spot, they gained experience. So even though they lose a lot of talented players off the defense, a lot of those departing guys only started 7 or 8 games. They have a lot of the guys that gained experience back, I think they’ll be strong.:cool:

LOL, I cannot wait for you to turn on Mac when Zaire starts (and he will) and Scarlett gets most of the carries with Perine getting most of the others.

Zaire will be the QB and we will not be splitting carries anywhere near equally among our backs.

If Zaire and Scarlett stay healthy you is going to be one disappointed fan.

LOL, I cannot wait for you to turn on Mac when Zaire starts (and he will) and Scarlett gets most of the carries with Perine getting most of the others.

Zaire will be the QB and we will not be splitting carries anywhere near equally among our backs.

If Zaire and Scarlett stay healthy you is going to be one disappointed fan.

And you, as is usual for you, are totally clueless about what makes me disappointed in life. (games played by boys and girls in college never comes into my disappointments, you twit) o_O

While if you hold true to your past here, you will disappear, then return later with a selective memory about all of the idiot/incorrect junk that you have posted, about what is, and what is going to be. :rolleyes:

You don't even realize that you are one of the biggest jokes on this board, to those that aren't brain-dead anyway.... :cool:

Even with all of the critics that are out of a job, there are still the dufus twits out there that are trying so hard to be accepted as valid critics... :rolleyes:

Naw, I'm like me, and not attempting to kiss up to anyone, and especially not to nunny twits like you and dunny... :cool:

I wondered witch way that would be taken. In this case it was in z butt.

Last edited:
http://sports.usatoday.com/2017/06/28/pick-6-transfer-quarterbacks-who-could-make-a-big-impact/

Florida might have solved its long-running quarterback problem with the addition of Notre Dame transfer Malik Zaire.

That move became official last week, and as a graduate transfer, Zaire will be immediately eligible. Zaire is no lock to be the Gators starter when they open against Michigan in Arlington, Texas, at the home of the Dallas Cowboys. Of course, if coach Jim McElwain and the Gators really felt good about redshirt freshman Feleipe Franks, then Zaire probably would not be going to school in Gainesville.

Florida is one of several schools likely turning to a transfer quarterback this season to lead their teams. Six that will be drawing lots of attention in 2017.

Sorry, but Zaire is not likely to even beat out Jack Ruskell 6-3 200 Fr for the QB job... :p

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jack-ruskell/8hiX7V2HEeS00gAmVebEWg/default.htm

Updated Gator 2017 QB Roster: (6+2 = 8)

8 - Malik Zaire 6-0 225 5th Year Grad
14 - Luke Del Rio 6-1 211 rsJr
11 - Kyle Trask 6-4 238 rsFr
13 - Feleipe' Franks 6-6 219 rsFr
17 - Kadarius Toney 5-11 180 Fr-EE
12 - Jake Allen 6-3 200 Fr
42 - Nick Sproles 6-2 203 rsFr -- W-O
?? - Jack Ruskell 6-2 195 Fr -- W-O

Last edited:

CB Duke Dawson
K Eddy Pineiro
P Johnny Townsend
----------
DE CeCe Jefferson
DE Jabari Zuniga
CB/S Chauncey Gardener

What amkes u think the Gates have the best receivers in the nation. Nothing has ever given me that vibe......

The most comical part is the people who don't think he is going to start

If, and I say IF Zaire starts in 2017, then Mc-Nuss really will be playing Clarabelle at QB, and the results of their poor decisions isn't likely to be pretty for any of them. JMOHO's of course, and as always. :p

But the most comical part to me, is the number of times that you've posted FoS stuff here in the past, but can't seem to ever remember doing so, with your own 'selective memory' in full operation... :cool:

What amkes u think the Gates have the best receivers in the nation. Nothing has ever given me that vibe......

Ever is a really long time. Are you sure that's what you meant? o_O
(and give her that toy back before you go blind..) :cool:

METSWIN said:
Insta would go Aaron Hernandez if we all ignored him. We make his heart beat.

You mean find a gay lover?

As to going AH on anyone, that's impossible. I'd have nothing at all to do with either of you 2 limp-sticks, and I'd never kill anyone over their free speech, I'd just laugh at them, like I laugh at you twits. :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT