ADVERTISEMENT

Yella Fella to pursue Bob Stoops as Auburn HC

Jeff from Jax

Gator Great
Dec 2, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Didn't realize boosters at Auburn had so much power !

"...Tigers superbooster Jimmy Rane may tap former Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops as the new leader of the program, according to Brooks Melchior and Sports By Brooks.

Through sources, Melchior tweeted on Tuesday he has learned "that the richest man in the state of Alabama, Auburn superbooster Jimmy Rane, is targeting Bob Stoops to replace Gus Malzahn if the latter fails to beat Alabama this season."

According to Forbes, Rane is worth $900 million and is the founder and CEO of Great Southern Wood Preserving, which makes decks, fences and other treated lumber products."

https://247sports.com/Article/Aubur...aching-hot-seat-Bob-Stoops-booster-135764221/

Isn't Bob the coach of the Dallas XFL team? He pretty much left coaching because of his father dying as a result of a heart attack at a young age, but I wouldn't mind seeing the older Stoops joining his brother in the SEC.

Seriously? I would gladly take Stoops, but Sports by Brooks is on par with the National Enquirer.

Seriously? I would gladly take Stoops, but Sports by Brooks is on par with the National Enquirer.

Thanks for info; didn't know !

Was so struck by the headline (Booster taking over as AD; LOL) that I had to post it; remember, this is Auburn, the loveliest village on the plain; Toomer's Corner, & Spurrier's 14 uncolored coloring books !

gatordad

According to this Feb11, 2019 ESPN article -

"...Former Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops is returning to coaching as the head coach and general manager of the Dallas-based franchise in the new XFL league."

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/25946033/bob-stoops-returns-coaching-dallas-relaunched-xfl

Last edited:
They should fire him if he goes 8-4. He’s maxed out at Auburn but at the same time they’re crazy thinking they’re gonna hire somebody that’s gonna consistently beat Saban. Not too many coaches signing up for that. Especially not when they gotta fave upcoming A&M and LSU too and then play UGA from the East every year.

They should fire him if he goes 8-4. He’s maxed out at Auburn but at the same time they’re crazy thinking they’re gonna hire somebody that’s gonna consistently beat Saban. Not too many coaches signing up for that. Especially not when they gotta fave upcoming A&M and LSU too and then play UGA from the East every year.
I can say Auburn more than likely are able to afford his current buyout.

Didn't realize boosters at Auburn had so much power !

"...Tigers superbooster Jimmy Rane may tap former Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops as the new leader of the program, according to Brooks Melchior and Sports By Brooks.

Through sources, Melchior tweeted on Tuesday he has learned "that the richest man in the state of Alabama, Auburn superbooster Jimmy Rane, is targeting Bob Stoops to replace Gus Malzahn if the latter fails to beat Alabama this season."

According to Forbes, Rane is worth $900 million and is the founder and CEO of Great Southern Wood Preserving, which makes decks, fences and other treated lumber products."

https://247sports.com/Article/Aubur...aching-hot-seat-Bob-Stoops-booster-135764221/

I didn't know is was that easy.

Jimmy Rane taps Bob Stoops. "Ok, you're the Auburn coach now".
"I don't want to be the Auburn coach."
"Doesn't matter, I tapped you".
"{sigh} It's true, you did tap me. When do you want me to start?"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT