ADVERTISEMENT

Will she cry? (Week 9) PICK THE FLORIDA v. GEORGIA SCORE...

HG1.jpg
Oh lawd

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Let's review the history of the series, shall we?

The two teams met for the first time in 1915. Georgia won. Georgia won most contests up until 1950. In fact, the first four times the two teams met, Florida not only lost, they never even scored a single point.

So, from 1915 until 1949, the series record is

Florida 5
Georgia 21
Ties 1

The series turned a round a bit in the next 20 years

1950-1959

Florida 6
Georgia 4
Ties 0

Still an overwhelming series lead for UGA, but at least Florida won the decade.

1960-1969

Florida 6
Georgia 3
Ties 1

Still an overwhelming series lead for UGA, but at least Florida won two consecutive decades. Vince Dooley was hired prior to the 1966 season, and went 2-1-1 against Florida in the sixties.

For the next twenty years, Vince dominated Florida

1970 to 1989

Florida 5
Georgia 15
Ties

Then came Spurrier. Spurrier single handily wiped out the Dooley years and Zook, Meyer and McElwain carried on the tradition of repeatedly smacking the mangy mutts.

Spurrier 11-1
Zook 2-1
McElwain 2-0

Muschamp was a Mangy Mutt plant and went 1-3 against his alma mater.

1990-2016

Florida 20
Georgia 6
Ties 0

So, the overall series is thus

Florida 42
Georgia 49
Ties 2

Last edited:
Let's review the history of the series, shall we?

The two teams met for the first time in 1915. Georgia won. Georgia won most contests up until 1950. In fact, the first four times the two teams met, Florida not only lost, they never even scored a single point.

So, from 1915 until 1949, the series record is

Florida 5
Georgia 21
Ties 1

The series turned a round a bit in the next 20 years

1950-1959

Florida 6
Georgia 4
Ties 0

Still an overwhelming series lead for UGA, but at least Florida won the decade.

1960-1969

Florida 6
Georgia 3
Ties 1

Still and overwhelming series lead for UGA, but at least Florida won two consecutive decades. Vince Dooley was hired prior to the 1966 season, and went 2-1-1 against Florida in the sixties.

For the next twenty years, Vince dominated Florida

1970 to 1989

Florida 5
Georgia 15
Ties

Then came Spurrier. Spurrier single handily wiped out the Dooley years and Zook, Meyer and McElwain carried on the tradition of repeatedly smacking the mangy mutts.

Spurrier 11-1
Zook 2-1
McElwain 2-0

Muschamp was a Mangy Mutt plant and went 1-3 against his alma mater.

1990-2016

Florida 20
Georgia 6
Ties 0

So, the overall series is thus

Florida 42
Georgia 49
Ties 2
Good recap although we have the Oct 15, 1904 game in Macon in our records as a UGA win and I think you left out a Florida win somewhere. Kirby has brought a lot of optimism to Athens and his relentless recruiting and focus should bring the culture change Dawg fans crave. Saturday will tell.

Anyone who attended UGA while they won their national title in 1980 is now about 60 years old.

If you are 37 or less years old, you have not been alive for a Georgia NC. :eek:

I have the Dawgs on upset Alert

( Lizzerds continue dominance over the hounds at the cocktail Party )

proxy.php

Shark- Donkey 30

USATSI_9518238-650x342.jpg

Dawgs 23

0a0f73f7b104c17da2c663e3914ef024--katrina-bowden-fitspiration.jpg

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Gators pulled off the upset. Muschamp upset them a few years ago. I think he was supposed to be fired after the game because no one was expecting a win. They had to delay it until next week.

Reactions: nail1988
Your Georgia education is showing.

Go look up the word "parallel" and get back to me.
Your score prediction is wishful thinking not based on logic. Your accusations are hilarious. Sorry you didn't get the joke and my apologies for the crude joke.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Your score prediction is wishful thinking not based on logic. Your accusations are hilarious. Sorry you didn't get the joke and my apologies for the crude joke.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

LOL at the idea I couldn't get "the joke". And so original it was, why I have never heard Florida called a penis before. You should write for Carson. Oh wait, that joke would have been old and lame for his show too.

Hogwash. Eddy will score, even if he has to do it from the 50.
Eddy hasn’t hit anything over 50 since he’s been at UF during a game. I’m still waiting for it to happen! I do recall though him missing one or two from that length.

LOL at the idea I couldn't get "the joke". And so original it was, why I have never heard Florida called a penis before. You should write for Carson. Oh wait, that joke would have been old and lame for his show too.
You're right :D In other news Dawgs just got their 2nd 5 star running back commit for this class. Not only is the culture changing in Gainesville, but also in Athens... just not in the same direction. :);)

Reactions: superdawg51
You're right :D In other news Dawgs just got their 2nd 5 star running back commit for this class. Not only is the culture changing in Gainesville, but also in Athens... just not in the same direction. :);)
UGA has been getting top notch RB's for decades. Nothing new and nothing different about culture changing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT