ADVERTISEMENT

What's the scoop on Callaway and Treon

"We're without a couple guys who haven't been with our team since January in Treon and Antonio," McElwain said. "They're still doing some school work and that kind of stuff. But they haven't been with us since January and they won't be with us as we're rolling, so you won't see those guys out there at practice. Guys, that'll be the last that we talk about that.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Missing spring practice?

Well, I expected to see Harris pack his bags but then I thought he'd kissed and made up with the staff and was gonna try W/R.

Callaway? Damn that sure came out of left field.

They weren't into night fishing in the swamps were they?

Reactions: nail1988
How do we even know it's for the same thing, maybe it's for different incidents, one player's suspension could be totally unrelated to the other?

Reactions: instaGATOR
The specifics of this need to come out. Right now, there is an investigation, but no charges. Calloway is not with the team as of right now. Mac said that today.

Reactions: BillWesJay
According to an article on AA "rumors of legal troubles since January"...

Not much else around so I am sure officials are waiting for it work its way through the system. Hate to see young men throw away such a great opportunity. Harris seems to be a repeat offender. Hopefully, AC figures it out and gets a second chance, if it is warranted.

I guess it could also be grades, but it seems to be an odd way to handle that sort of thing. Usually a coach just says there are some things to take care of in the classroom, etc and leaves it at that....or the player is declared academically ineligible for that semester, etc.

I hope Callaway didn't do anything terrible. Harris, they can send to the bus station.

I'm a pretty pragmatic person, but I have to say it's getting harder for me to root for these kids. I don't really care about academics or smoking weed, but school sponsored robbing, raping and woman abuse is a little much. Combine that with the way that a bunch of our best players have just laid down in our last two decent bowl games, and I'm becoming more of an observer than a fan. If the players don't care about Gator football, it's hard for me to see why I should.

Neither player is in trouble with the law. They have been cleared. They have to go through the entire process. Student judicial affairs, etc. With all that being said I'm not sure Harris will be back.

There are no charges there is no investigation. This was resolved a while back with no charges being filed. These 2 have been away from the team for a while and they have things they need to do before they are reinstated.

There are no charges there is no investigation. This was resolved a while back with no charges being filed. These 2 have been away from the team for a while and they have things they need to do before they are reinstated.

What was resolved? "internet rumor" says it was SA accusations stemming from prior to the bowl game.

Neither player is in trouble with the law. They have been cleared. They have to go through the entire process. Student judicial affairs, etc. With all that being said I'm not sure Harris will be back.
Both are still suspended from the team

I hope Callaway didn't do anything terrible. Harris, they can send to the bus station.

I'm a pretty pragmatic person, but I have to say it's getting harder for me to root for these kids. I don't really care about academics or smoking weed, but school sponsored robbing, raping and woman abuse is a little much. Combine that with the way that a bunch of our best players have just laid down in our last two decent bowl games, and I'm becoming more of an observer than a fan. If the players don't care about Gator football, it's hard for me to see why I should.

It's ALWAYS been that way. You just didn't hear about it. Now with the age instant social media and the race to get stories out, all this extra curricular with football is coming to the surface. I have to admit, it has dampened my enthusiasm for the game. I am just glad we "missed" on Treon. I couldn't take another Jameis-type of scandal at FSU. Treon has seemingly been in trouble in one form or another since he stepped foot in Gainesville. I am not sure what the issue is....it's not like he came from a family that doesn't know better...didn't teach him right from wrong. His father is a hard core football coach and has a take-no-**** attitude. I would expect more from Treon.

It's ALWAYS been that way. You just didn't hear about it. Now with the age instant social media and the race to get stories out, all this extra curricular with football is coming to the surface. I have to admit, it has dampened my enthusiasm for the game. I am just glad we "missed" on Treon. I couldn't take another Jameis-type of scandal at FSU. Treon has seemingly been in trouble in one form or another since he stepped foot in Gainesville. I am not sure what the issue is....it's not like he came from a family that doesn't know better...didn't teach him right from wrong. His father is a hard core football coach and has a take-no-**** attitude. I would expect more from Treon.

You're probably right. I loved the Meyer teams, and they had more than their share of knuckleheads. I was just completely exasperated when I saw that Callaway might be in trouble. One big difference with the Meyer teams is that you knew that there was plenty of talent behind anyone that had legal or academic issues. Callaway missing games would just be a crusher.

You're probably right. I loved the Meyer teams, and they had more than their share of knuckleheads. I was just completely exasperated when I saw that Callaway might be in trouble. One big difference with the Meyer teams is that you knew that there was plenty of talent behind anyone that had legal or academic issues. Callaway missing games would just be a crusher.
Callaway would be a big loss, but you have a couple of receiver recruits I wished FSU could have picked up. UF did really well this year with receivers.

I don't claim or even try to claim I know anything about this situation but student judicial hearing for grades?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT