ADVERTISEMENT

Whatever happened to Kendal Briles?

TJtheGator

Gator Great
Jun 4, 2001
Last year he was gonna set the world on fire with his no-huddle, up-tempo, attack, attack, attack, move at 7 yards per second offense.

SOW had a losing record.

I believe some of the same things have been said about Norvell.

If they get the players. That's lacking right now.
A big help is having a guy like Franks whose skills were patched back together by Mullen and comes in with good experience. Depending on how he’s healed Franks is deceptively athletic which is beneficial for Briles’ style. I don’t know if Arkansas has the horses to go beat UGA but that opening game I doubt will be a cakewalk. This is a strange season that no one should be overlooked at all.

A big help is having a guy like Franks whose skills were patched back together by Mullen and comes in with good experience. Depending on how he’s healed Franks is deceptively athletic which is beneficial for Briles’ style. I don’t know if Arkansas has the horses to go beat UGA but that opening game I doubt will be a cakewalk. This is a strange season that no one should be overlooked at all.

Mullen only had 1 full year with Franks. It was the only time in his life Franks received competent QB coaching. He got zero in HS and even less from McYellowhorseteeth.

I appreciate all he did for UF though.

Last year he was gonna set the world on fire with his no-huddle, up-tempo, attack, attack, attack, move at 7 yards per second offense.

SOW had a losing record.

I believe some of the same things have been said about Norvell.

Lots of heat between the swag tag and briles. Briles wasnt allowed to pick his starting QB or run practices the way he wanted. He significantly upped our offensive output but when your dealing with young willie as HC and slim at QB..... Its hard to soar with the eagles when your surrounded by turkeys. Norvell is much better organized than Taggart but hasnt shown a great ability to recruit highly ranked players yet. We will see.

Last edited:

Arkansas beating Georgia in the opener is a lot to ask for. A LOT.

But it sure would be sweet if it happened.

Tough when your HC is a trainwreck and doesn’t let you run your offense or pick your personnel. He will do fine at ARKY or anywhere else.

Reactions: fsu939913
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT