ADVERTISEMENT

What to expect from our 4-stars

UFDrew

Bull Gator
Nov 12, 2003
Phenomenal close and a really interesting class with a lot of 4-stars who are 5.8 and 5.9. I thought I'd look back at prior guys like that to get a sense of what to expect. Below are all the 5.8 and 5.9 4-stars we signed under Meyer. I chose the Meyer era because it is a big enough sample size and all those guys have had their career play out. Some headlines:
  • 5 developed into great players for the Gators - guys we will remember for awhile
  • 21 developed into good players - guys who contributed to the program in a meaningful way
  • 35 failed to make a material dent at UF
  • So a 43% overall hit rate and about 8% became stars
  • My 2 cents: the guys below had to compete in the most talent-rich era of UF football, so I'd bet the 43% success rate is artificially low. Stars are stars and rise to the top of any era so the ~8% likely holds as a good rule of thumb.
  • My 2 cents when looking at the 15 4-stars we just signed: we got 8-9 guys who will help the program and 1 star ... maybe 2 if we're lucky. Not a bad haul in terms of contributors but a little thin on star potential.
Great:
Good: David Nelson, Stamper
Meh: Atkins, Portis, Boateng, Munroe, John Demps

Great:
Good: Gilbert, Cooper, Cunningham, Sanders, Jones
Meh: Walker, Hornsby, Justin Williams, Rickerson, Mon Williams, Hobbs, Thomas, Pupello, Barrie, Antwine

Great: Rainey, Black, Pouncey x2
Good: Howard, Hicks, Trattou
Meh: Brown, Williams

Great:
Good: Hines, McCray, Demps, Hammond
Meh: Finley, Bushell, Green, Lawrence, Okine, Brown

Great: Gillislee
Good: Reed, Evans, Harrison
Meh: Alajajian, Herbert

Great:
Good: Patton, Dunbar, Taylor, Ball
Meh: Orr, Christian, Trail, Riggs, Silberman, Dunkley, Dowling, Haden, Brown, Coxson

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News