ADVERTISEMENT

What the phuck has Georgia really accomplished recently

Since this is a thread started by an Auburn fan, I'm sure nobody will mind if I hijack it just this once. Ok Georgia fans(residents), please admit it if you voted for Georgia's own, Hank Johnson. Well, for some who lives in the same district he reps.
Yeah yeah yeah, I know this is not The Gator Lounge.:eek:
This clown is an embarrassment to all Americans, especially any decent person from Atlanta. However, this is not exclusive to Georgia (Florida has a few winners). I took so much crap for this idiot because this happened when I was in the sandbox... even though I no longer live in Georgia. Politicians and voters should have to pass a civics test, and with idiots like Hank perhaps an IQ test is in order. How on earth did Admiral Willard hold it together???

Reactions: gatordad3
Since this is a thread started by an Auburn fan, I'm sure nobody will mind if I hijack it just this once. Ok Georgia fans(residents), please admit it if you voted for Georgia's own, Hank Johnson. Well, for some who lives in the same district he reps.
Yeah yeah yeah, I know this is not The Gator Lounge.:eek:
Between this dude and Cynthia McKinney, I don’t see how Georgia is allowed to still be a state.

This clown is an embarrassment to all Americans, especially any decent person from Atlanta. However, this is not exclusive to Georgia (Florida has a few winners). I took so much crap for this idiot because this happened when I was in the sandbox... even though I no longer live in Georgia. Politicians and voters should have to pass a civics test, and with idiots like Hank perhaps an IQ test is in order. How on earth did Admiral Willard hold it together???
Oh, we have our share over here in the state of Florida, trust me. I'm about to ruffle some feathers on this board by bringing up Wasserman-Schultz, Frederica Wilson, and Tallahassee's favorite, Andrew Gillum. Too bad Corrine Brown was the only criminal in Florida to serve time.
Johnson bringing up the midgets along with the helium balloons cracked me the hell up.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Most Florida fans on here recognize the OP as an angry troll. Florida is predicted to be Georgia's toughest game this year. Like most prognosticators, I feel that UGA is vastly more talented but I respect Florida. There is a reason why Georgia is unanimously picked as the third most likely to win the national championship this year. I expect to face Alabama again in the SECCG and this time, I expect to win. Las Vegas predicts Alabama to win 11.5 games, UGA to win 11 games and Florida to win 9 games.

You think Georgia is vastly more talented because you think recruiting is the be all end all and, like almost all Dawgs, your football thinking is stuck in the 70s/80s. In those days, Florida would have the better skill position players and Georgia would have the better lines, and Georgia would win.

But this isn't then.

Florida has a top 5 WR corps and a top 3 secondary. Georgia is not top 10 in either. (Athlon). To Georgia thinking it doesn't matter, because they have a great Oline, will run the ball, wear us down late, and win. 70s/80s thinking.

But what is actually going to happen is UF will put their Corners on Islands and stick 8 in the box, slowing the UGa run game enough until the UF superior pass offense puts up enough points to put Georgia behind, forcing them to pass. Then the superior UF pass defense will break up some passes and pick off others, leading UF to a comfortable victory. That's 21st century football.

You think Georgia is vastly more talented because you think recruiting is the be all end all and, like almost all Dawgs, your football thinking is stuck in the 70s/80s. In those days, Florida would have the better skill position players and Georgia would have the better lines, and Georgia would win.

But this isn't then.

Florida has a top 5 WR corps and a top 3 secondary. Georgia is not top 10 in either. (Athlon). To Georgia thinking it doesn't matter, because they have a great Oline, will run the ball, wear us down late, and win. 70s/80s thinking.

But what is actually going to happen is UF will put their Corners on Islands and stick 8 in the box, slowing the UGa run game enough until the UF superior pass offense puts up enough points to put Georgia behind, forcing them to pass. Then the superior UF pass defense will break up some passes and pick off others, leading UF to a comfortable victory. That's 21st century football.
That sounds like a good plan. You are assuming that UGA will have no passing game. Georgia has two former 5-star wide receivers who have been awaiting their turn. On the "stack the box" plan, UGA's second team offensive line could start for the majority of SEC teams. They will rotate often to stay fresh. The Georgia OL will dominate Zuniga and friends. Las Vegas thinks Alabama will win 11.5 games, UGA 11 games and Florida 9 games.

That sounds like a good plan. You are assuming that UGA will have no passing game. Georgia has two former 5-star wide receivers who have been awaiting their turn. On the "stack the box" plan, UGA's second team offensive line could start for the majority of SEC teams. They will rotate often to stay fresh. The Georgia OL will dominate Zuniga and friends. Las Vegas thinks Alabama will win 11.5 games, UGA 11 games and Florida 9 games.
Why even play the season? Let’s just go with what Vegas says? Who does Vegas have in the title game? Let’s just go ahead and play that game now.

Reactions: TennesseeGator

As I said, our secondary is better than your receivers, and our receivers are better than your secondary. I don't care if your offensive line's 4th stringers are better than the Bama and Clemson starting lines combined. You will run the ball into an 8 man box and have limited success. Note I am not saying no success. Limited. While our offense throws the ball all over the field. When we are far enough ahead and you are forced to throw, that's when it will really go south for you.

No they don't. They think people will BET that way.

So few people understand Vegas. Or football today.

Last edited:
Jawja math,,,,

6. UF 10-3 -- 5-3 SEC
8. UGly 11-3 -- 7-2 SECe-C
11. UK 10-3 -- 5-3 SEC

,,, makes UF 3rd in the SECe.... :rolleyes:
When determining conference standings, the only thing that matters is conference games. UF finished 3rd in the East. Simple math that a preschooler understands. The rankings is objectional based solely on opinions not head to head.

As I said, our secondary is better than your receivers, and our receivers are better than your secondary. I don't care if your offensive line's 4th stringers are better than the Bama and Clemson starting lines combined. You will run the ball into an 8 man box and have limited success. Note I am not saying no success. Limited. While our offense throws the ball all over the field. When we are far enough ahead and you are forced to throw, that's when it will really go south for you.

What time is your show on SECN? You’ve got it all figured out.

When determining conference standings, the only thing that matters is conference games. UF finished 3rd in the East. Simple math that a preschooler understands. The rankings is objectional based solely on opinions not head to head.

Tied for 2nd equals second. Not third. It's amazing the number of topics you are clueless about.

Tied for 2nd equals second. Not third. It's amazing the number of topics you are clueless about.
There is a thing called a tiebreaker. That’s why UK is listed ahead of you in the final standings. We know very well what third in the east looks like, so trust me on this.

There is a thing called a tiebreaker. That’s why UK is listed ahead of you in the final standings. We know very well what third in the east looks like, so trust me on this.

Here is a list of SEC Champions. Page down to East Champs, and you will find Georgia listed 9 times. But wait, hold on, in 1992 and 2007 you lost the tiebreaker to another team. So I guess you really finished second those two years. Should we call the SEC and tell them they don't know how to confer titles, and that the correct count for Georgia is 7? Or maybe the SEC believes that tied for a position equates to sharing the position? What do you think?

Oh, and since that isn't the official SEC list, here is also the Georgia wiki page, guess how many East titles they claim. NINE. So it looks like ties, when it's Georgia, count, but ties, when it's Florida, don't. Interesting.

Only fleas could think tied for second means third. Where, in the term "tied for second", does it say third? Looking, don't see the word "third". Silly fleas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Southeastern_Conference_champions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Bulldogs_football

Here is a list of SEC Champions. Page down to East Champs, and you will find Georgia listed 9 times. But wait, hold on, in 1992 and 2007 you lost the tiebreaker to another team. So I guess you really finished second those two years. Should we call the SEC and tell them they don't know how to confer titles, and that the correct count for Georgia is 7? Or maybe the SEC believes that tied for a position equates to sharing the position? What do you think?

Oh, and since that isn't the official SEC list, here is also the Georgia wiki page, guess how many East titles they claim. NINE. So it looks like ties, when it's Georgia, count, but ties, when it's Florida, don't. Interesting.

Only fleas could think tied for second means third. Where, in the term "tied for second", does it say third? Looking, don't see the word "third". Silly fleas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Southeastern_Conference_champions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Bulldogs_football
What do you care either way? Haven’t you all said unless you win it all it’s not a successful year? Yet here you are arguing over being 2nd or 3rd. Whoever goes to Atlanta is the champ.

What do you care either way? Haven’t you all said unless you win it all it’s not a successful year? Yet here you are arguing over being 2nd or 3rd. Whoever goes to Atlanta is the champ.
Ahh the irony...you boys have flooded daddy's board begging for us to acknowledge your programs relevance...

In the last four decades they have had a handful of seasons where they were better than Florida

That seems good enough for them

We don't bring it up. Ever. If you aren't first you're last.

However, the opportunity to make fleas look stupid is difficult to pass up.

Lizard, I think you are under estimating our DB's and receivers. The UGA linebackers (both pass rushers and inside linebackers) and defensive backs will be the strongest positions on this team, and will be much stronger than last year due to maturity and experience. There will be former 5-star recruits starting at CB and OLB. Regarding your dismissal of the UGA passing game, let's start with a third year starting QB who was one play away from winning the national championship as a freshman and winning a second SECC as a sophomore. Demetris Robertson and the 5 star taken from Auburn last year are backed up by a corps of 4 star receivers. You'll see some play action pases to another former 5 star RB out of the backfield as well as D'Andre Swift. Enthusiasm runs high for both of us this year but I feel fairly confident in my team.

Lizard, I think you are under estimating our DB's and receivers. The UGA linebackers (both pass rushers and inside linebackers) and defensive backs will be the strongest positions on this team, and will be much stronger than last year due to maturity and experience. There will be former 5-star recruits starting at CB and OLB. Regarding your dismissal of the UGA passing game, let's start with a third year starting QB who was one play away from winning the national championship as a freshman and winning a second SECC as a sophomore. Demetris Robertson and the 5 star taken from Auburn last year are backed up by a corps of 4 star receivers. You'll see some play action pases to another former 5 star RB out of the backfield as well as D'Andre Swift. Enthusiasm runs high for both of us this year but I feel fairly confident in my team.

Athlon has ranked UF's WR's #5 and DB's #3. Neither of Georgia's squads are ranked in the top 10. I't not just Orange and Blue glasses for me. Can you prove it's not Red and Black glasses for you?

I understand their excitement

After Floridas three national titles since 1996 they should feel really good about this two game winning streak over the Gators

Pride up

Our defense is better than your QB.
Our team is more physical than yours... the whole conference knows it.
3 tds in JAX.

It’s almost as if you think that means anything this season, or any other future season. But we have at least competed in the CFP.
Wait, weren't you just critical of a Gator talking about 2nd, 3rd place finishes? Now you want to show off your runner up ribbon? Like I said earlier, Irony...good luck this year! Need to catch GaTech.

Wait, weren't you just critical of a Gator talking about 2nd, 3rd place finishes? Now you want to show off your runner up ribbon? Like I said earlier, Irony...good luck this year! Need to catch GaTech.
Just a fact we’ve been there and you haven’t. No idea what that tech reference is supposed to mean. We beat them much like we did you.

Last edited:
Our defense is better than your QB.
Our team is more physical than yours... the whole conference knows it.
3 tds in JAX.

Your team is more physical yet we ran for about the same amount of yards in last year’s game and your team couldn’t punch it in from the goaline on 7 tries from the 1 and 9 plays total. How can such a physical team not gain 1 yard in 7 tries? They must not have really wanted to score.

And no matter how you keep trying to act like last year’s game was a blowout from start to finish it wasn’t. At the 8 min mark in the 4th your vastly superior team only led 23-17. And that’s despite:

1. 7 points scored from a drive that started at UF’s 13 from a fumble.
2. 3 points scored from the UF 1 on a fumble
3. Another INT from Franks that took points off the board
4. An overthrown TD from Franks on UF’s first possession that took 7 off the board.

So Franks singlehandedly gave UGA 10 points while taking a minimum of 10-14 off the board and despite you winning the turnover battle 3-0 you were ahead exactly 6 points and couldn’t pull away until late. It’s almost like you didn’t watch the game. This must be the same reason you think the game with Texas was close despite them being up two scores with like a minute left before y’all scored a cheap TD to make it look close. Scores can be misleading.

Reactions: PacoGator19
I’m not. I’d rather we focus on beating Bama, Clemson, and anyone else in the CFP. Florida should be just another game on that path.

Yep, UGly having won only 2 decades over UF (70's & 80's) since 1950, it's just another game for the mighty buttsniffers, that haven't won a NC in the last 4 decades, and only 1 (per-NCAA) in their entire history.... :rolleyes:

LMFAO at these loser schmucks that are still celebrating their 2 game win streak over the Gators.... :D:p:D

UF/UGA game was much closer than the final score indicated and they know it.

The UF/UGA game will be a close game this year.

Reactions: sadgator
UF/UGA game was much closer than the final score indicated and they know it.

That IS totally true. We had the lead in the third when nobody thought we even belonged on the field with them. Kudos to them for coming back and winning it, but nobody ever seems to acknowledge that we put up more of a fight than most expected. A play or two (like the open flea flicker) different and we could be having a much different conversation.

That said, sadgator maintains that that game was Mullen’s worst coaching performance of the year, and there was no doubt in the end that UGA deserved to win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT