ADVERTISEMENT

What the phuck has Georgia really accomplished recently

Urban Meyer can coach and win titles. As you are well aware you & Smart cannot. And your coach promoted a bad OC that you will soon find out about shortly. Another dumb statement to even try to compare Smart be Meyer.
It wasn't to compare Smart and Meyer. It was to show that Smart is outrecruiting Florida at a greater level than Meyer was doing to Georgia which was substantial.
Saying Smart cannot win a title is silly at this point. He's entering his 4th year and he's already played in one.

Last edited:
My point is that Smart is outrecruiting Florida (Mullen) at a greater difference than Meyer outrecruited Georgia (Richt)... so until that changes get used to the recent outcomes in JAX.
Meyer didn't have to deal with an established Saban dynasty either. Actually, Saban was most likely a large part of Meyer fleeing from the SEC.
Tell that to Meyer back in January of 2015 when his OSU team whipped Bama.
Saban is 2-2 vs Meyer. Don't forget Florida had Tennessee and Georgia(with loads of NFL talent and countless 5 star players as usual) as well as a good South Carolina team in the East back then. LSU was a title contender back in 2006-2008.

Talent first, then coaching, and lots of luck. I think most people get it.

You’re wrong as per usual. At the highest levels everybody has talent. Bama went 12-0 in the regular season under Saban his second year. You wanna know what the average ranking was for the classes that made up the bulk of that team? Outside the top 15. They won first which attracted more talent which then attracted more winning.

There’s a long line of programs that have multiple top 5 classes in the span on a few years and won nothing. Just signing talent that isn’t developed or even fits what you want won’t lead to wins. Isn’t hard to follow. USC and Texas have more top 5 classes the past 10-15 years than just about anybody. What have they won? Same was true for FSU under the last few years of Bowden. Jimbo’s lsst 3 classes at FSU all but one was in the top 5. Ended with a losing record and him bailing to A&M. And on and on.

Reactions: fsumc
It wasn't to compare Smart and Meyer. It was to show that Smart is outrecruiting Florida at a greater level than Meyer was doing to Georgia which was substantial.
Saying Smart cannot win a title is silly at this point. He's entering his 4th year and he's already played in one.

And this is also wrong. Meyer did not substantially outrecruit UGA. He just beat Richt’s ass because he was a much better coach. You’re trying to dismiss coaching because it fits your narrative.

2006: UF (2), UGA (4)
2007: UF (1), UGA (9)
2008: UF (3), UGA (7)
2009: UF (11), UGA (6)
2010: UF (1), UGA (15)

There was a substantial difference in rankings exactly one year (2010) and Meyer didn’t even get to coach that class since he retired at the end of the year. For the classes that were actually coached by both coaches, UF’s average ranking was 4, UGA’s was 6. So substantial :rolleyes:

And what’s more interesting is that during that stretch UGA actually put more players in the NFL than UF did, feel free to look it up, so they weren’t behind in talent regardless of what a two spot difference in average rankings said.

Reactions: PacoGator19
You’re wrong as per usual. At the highest levels everybody has talent. Bama went 12-0 in the regular season under Saban his second year. You wanna know what the average ranking was for the classes that made up the bulk of that team? Outside the top 15. They won first which attracted more talent which then attracted more winning.

There’s a long line of programs that have multiple top 5 classes in the span on a few years and won nothing. Just signing talent that isn’t developed or even fits what you want won’t lead to wins. Isn’t hard to follow. USC and Texas have more top 5 classes the past 10-15 years than just about anybody. What have they won? Same was true for FSU under the last few years of Bowden. Jimbo’s lsst 3 classes at FSU all but one was in the top 5. Ended with a losing record and him bailing to A&M. And on and on.
"At the highest levels everybody has talent." Thank you for proving my point. It all starts with talent.

And this is also wrong. Meyer did not substantially outrecruit UGA. He just beat Richt’s ass because he was a much better coach. You’re trying to dismiss coaching because it fits your narrative.

2006: UF (2), UGA (4)
2007: UF (1), UGA (9)
2008: UF (3), UGA (7)
2009: UF (11), UGA (6)
2010: UF (1), UGA (15)

There was a substantial difference in rankings exactly one year (2010) and Meyer didn’t even get to coach that class since he retired at the end of the year. For the classes that were actually coached by both coaches, UF’s average ranking was 4, UGA’s was 6. So substantial :rolleyes:

And what’s more interesting is that during that stretch UGA actually put more players in the NFL than UF did, feel free to look it up, so they weren’t behind in talent regardless of what a two spot difference in average rankings said.
You guys need to look at class points instead of class rankings.

"At the highest levels everybody has talent." Thank you for proving my point. It all starts with talent.

Uh that doesn’t prove your point at all. If everybody at the top has talent that means coaching is the differentiator when they match up.

You guys need to look at class points instead of class rankings.

I see you conveniently overlooked the fact you had more NFL players during that time than UF. Pretty sure NFL teams aren’t drafting players on recruiting points. There was no wide gap between UGA and UF when Meyer was the coach. We simply had a better staff.

I see you conveniently overlooked the fact you had more NFL players during that time than UF. Pretty sure NFL teams aren’t drafting players on recruiting points. There was no wide gap between UGA and UF when Meyer was the coach. We simply had a better staff.
Not in the trenches.

Uh that doesn’t prove your point at all. If everybody at the top has talent that means coaching is the differentiator when they match up.
It absolutely proves my point. You even started off with it. You start with players and then coach em up. You think Saban wins at Vandy, Meyer at Illinois, Dabo at North Carolina with their current rosters? No, the talent has to be upgraded first and then the wins follow. Talent, then coaching, and luck.

But yet you won’t take the bet about who will be drafted higher. Delpit will be a first rounder, Reed won’t be. How could that be if he’s better?
Time will tell. We also heard all last year how Greedy Williams was a first rounder.

My point is that Smart is outrecruiting Florida (Mullen) at a greater difference than Meyer outrecruited Georgia (Richt)... so until that changes get used to the recent outcomes in JAX.
Meyer didn't have to deal with an established Saban dynasty either. Actually, Saban was most likely a large part of Meyer fleeing from the SEC.

Yes, because all that matters is the stars granted by people whose job it is to sell online subscriptions.

Last edited:
What the phuck has Georgia really accomplished recently?

Well, a few of them have managed to stink up this Gator board for the last couple of months, by spreading their constant dawg-chit all over the front lawn.... :confused:

The good news to look forward to is this; in about 3 months, they will all disappear and return to obscurity,,, where they rightfully belong... :p:D:p
If it wasn't for Georgia fans this board would be dead. There's only about 8 non-Georgia posters and half of them are Florida State fans.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
If it wasn't for Georgia fans this board would be dead. There's only about 8 non-Georgia posters and half of them are Florida State fans.
Hmmm seems like this board was doing just fine before you showed up to be honest. The board has actually gotten worse not better.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Should I be the one to ask them this time,,, why they are not on the UGly nuttlicker board instead of wasting their time over here? :rolleyes:

Because we love getting a reaction out of you...works every time! Ha ha.

Hey VD-Mutt,,,, I just remembered something important to this exchange.

Never argue with village idiot nuttlickers, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their vast experience.”

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Hey VD-Mutt,,,, I just remembered something important to this exchange.

Never argue with village idiot nuttlickers, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their vast experience.”

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz
Does the Insta in your name refer to you instantly flying off the handle? If so there are meds for that. Just trying to help you...

Reactions: IrishPokerDog

Georgia fans overestimating themselves. Not a shock, they overestimate the hell out of their team all the time.

Seeing as how this board is nearly 20 years old, and Georgia fans only got brave enough to venture over about 8 months ago, I'm thinking this board was doing ok before them.

Reactions: PacoGator19
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT