ADVERTISEMENT

What I saw

jeff2727

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2009
As I mentioned in the thread started by Blackandblue "QB battle will be epic", I was at the practice this morning and had some observations. More importantly is I spent about 30 minutes with someone involved in the program. I would rather not say his name, There are some things he said in private, so I obviously won't say them.
A couple things I noticed
- I think the O line looks good, guy I talked to said they could actually be the strength of the team, and that we have 8-9 guys who are SEC ready right now, and that is more than usual. Also, Nixon isn't huge, but looks big enough to me.
- Brantley didn't participate, but the 2 freshman look good. Like BandB said, Driskell is huge. I'm guessing 6'4, and ripped. He is bigger than Tebow was as a freshman, and just looks like a stud out there. Brisette is also 6'4, and just looks lik a QB. He just has the "it" factor, seems like everyone respects him. Guy I talked to said they both look good and coaches are thrilled. Were surprised they were that advanced. He also said Driskell looks twice as good as he did in th spring.
- guy also said our best player was Rainey. He said Weis was working on packages getting Demps and Rainey on the field at the same time, should be exciting.
- our WRs didn't stand out to me, dropped a few balls. Guy thought Hammond would be our best WR. Some things bout other players were said that I don't want to say right now. I wouldn't be surprised if one of our starters there isn't starting much longer, and a guy not mentioned on here much takes over, we will see. I think we are lacking a play maker, but that's just my opinion, not his.

As for th D
- like BandB said, we don't win many one on one battles. I think the inside of our line will be great, but the ends scare me. One guy in particular, I mentioned his name in other thread, and maybe shouldn't of had, didn't do anything. Guy I was with said he hasn't done anything in any of the practices. Tight ends controlled him on one on ones, looked Like he wasn't really trying, maybe hurt or sick, i don't know.
- Floyd is huge. Him and Howard should be dominant. Hunter is bigger, not in a good way, but maybe the coaches wanted him to gain some weight, I'm not sure.
- guy said Bostic end Jenkins were our leaders. Bostic looks bigger. Coaches want him to make contact this year, last year he sort of avoided it.
- guy I was with said Roberson was our best d back. Thinks he will start game 1. He said it has been mostly him and Riggs as starters, but I saw on Kyles report, Brown has been hurt, so that must be why. He said Elam has been good, but they need someone else to step up. I asked about a certain guy back there, and he just said that he doesn't have it, take that how you want.

Coaches are very involved. A lot of teaching. He said the kids love the coaches, but more importantly, love each other. He told me ome stories about the seniors from last year, and how they were in charge, an I was shocked. I know we all hear that there was no control last year, but it was worst than I thought. Some crazy stuff went down.

I asked him about recruiting, and he was telling me some good stuff, and I will share when the time is right. I know lot of people read these boards, so I'm limited in what I can say. One thing he did make clear is the Muschamp doesn't believe in holding spots. He said that Muschamp has informed some that the offer is out to 2 or 3 people, first to take it has it. Mentioned he would hold a spot until you get on campus and see it, but after that it's time to jump.

I think I'm going to hook up with this guy again next week for dinner one night, hopefully I will get some more stuff. But again, a lot of the details and stuff he said to me were between friends, so understand I can't be running here with it. I will just say I'm excited about the season, and more excited about the future. One thing he did say was that this team will be better than last year, and we were 8-5 last year. He also said we were 2 plays away from bing 10-3, and that one of those plays, the fake field goal by lsu, and th lucky bounce, devastated the team, and the coaches.
This post was edited on 8/21 12:30 AM by jeff2727
This post was edited on 8/21 11:27 AM by jeff2727

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News