ADVERTISEMENT

What I saw tonight...

miniwheat4

Green Machine
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2010
There were a ton of former players there. I saw C.I., Louis Murphy, Travis Taylor, Quezzie, Reidel, Earnest Graham, Kevin Carter and several others. C.I. amazes me, he's just a straight up beast(no homo).

It took quite some time for things to get started and we sat near the receivers and watched their drills followed by wr/db 1-on-1s. McRoy was very impressive. Consistently beat the press of the line and can flat out fly. Was surprised with his route running and ability to out muscle corners. Both Leonard and O'Leary were very impressive. Meyer was all over O'Leary all night long. Leonard is super athletic and catches everything. O'Leary had a couple drops but was an absolute man amongst boys physically. Never saw Story, guess he was on the other side of the field. Ronald Powell's old teammate was quite good. Latroy Pittman looked good, especially considering the guy is not even a junior in HS yet. Andre Davis from Tampa looked good at times but had some trouble getting open. Lastly, whoever #240 was a stud. Very athletic and caught everything.

I wasn't overly impressed with any of the dbs. I love Pop but he got beat several times by some pretty average looking receivers. He did look good at times too. It was funny because Pop called Coach Pettis over after getting beat and Pettis said "Damn, son. you gonna let all of them beat you?" or something to that effect. Also not as high on Waisome after tonight. He looked good but held constantly and got beat pretty badly by Leonard. Could not spot Purifoy or Jackson. Roberson was there but didn't participate. He's tall, every bit of 6' but rail thin.

I also saw most of the freshmen. Elam, Powell and Floyd don't look like freshmen. Elam was wearing a beater and is ripped up something ridiculous. Powell has enormous calfs.... Friggin enormous.

Watching the highlight vid it was clear that we were trying to promote UF players getting drafted and our speed. They showed highlights from Bubba, Percy, Murphy and C.I. with a footnote that they were drafted. Then there was a segment called "Speed kills in the Swamp" that just showed highlights of our speed guys. They went far as to show track film of Demps and Rainey. Pretty cool video.

Well that's what I saw. This year was not nearly as good as last year but was still worth attending. Hope fnl has again set us up for a top 5 class.
This post was edited on 7/24 1:12 AM by miniwheat4

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News