ADVERTISEMENT

What I am hearing, 7-16-2018

Heisman Gator 1

Bull Gator
Gold Member
May 26, 2018
Tallahassee, FL
Let's be honest, the past 2 weeks has not been a great one for the Gators. We lead and/or were in the hunt for 4 top prospects who all spurned us and went elsewhere. Each one of those kids went with the "hometown" team. Another is expected to pick Oregon in the month of July. While a top RB on our big board has been rumored to be ready to pick Bama again any day now. Now that we have addressed the bad news....WTF is the good?!

FNL is almost upon us and Corey B started a good list of kids who have publicly stated they will attend:

-Five-star DE Kayvon Thibodeaux, **No chance IMO
-Four-star DE Lloyd Summerall, **We are in the top 2
-Four-star LB commit Tyron Hopper
-Four-star DE Mohamoud Diabate **we are in the top 3
-Four-star ATH Diwun Black (Ole Miss commit) **We are in the top 2, possible commit at FNL
Four-star DE Nathan Pickering **This will go to NSD, I like our chances as of today even though is committed to MSU
-Three-star CB Jaydon Hill **If we do not lead we are close I have been told
-Four-star CB Chester Kimbrough (Florida leads) **FNL commit?!
-Four-star QB commit Jalon Jones
-Four-star CB Kaiir Elam **We lead, will probably wait til NSD
-Three-star CB/WR Raydarious Jones (Three-day visit) * interesting prospect......
-Three-star WR TJ Jones
-Three-star OL Kamaar Bell - "probably"
-Three-star DR Braylen Ingraham
-Three-star DB commit Trent Whittemore
-Four-star DT commit Jaelin Humphries
-Three-star LB commit Jesiah Pierre
-Three-star LB commit Jammal Abrams
-Three-star WR commit Dione Marks

I have heard Dan believes our product on the field this year will be significantly better which will sway some committed kids back to UF once they see the changes. Is this the right attitude to have, time will tell but this is one thing they are banking on. Also, they will continue to recruit kids committed elsewhere extremely hard. I think we lead for a few of the top kids in our big board. Kimbrough, Elam, Higgins, Summerall, Black...and now am hearing really good things on Zip. My concern is the OL, we need 2 more and they must be "Elite". I had to water this down some as I was asked to by staff member. Sorry, Chin up though fellas, Dan is making some philosophical recruiting changes. Let's give him a chance as he just became coach back in December. I get it, I am just as impatient as everyone of you and I want a 10 win season this year as well as a top 6 recruiting class. What is our reality.........? Not much info out there right now to be honest. Sit tight, hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Dan gets it and will make the necessary changes if needed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News