ADVERTISEMENT

What do you expect the Gators 2023 record to be post Spring game...?

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
Thu, Aug 31 L - I think even if that QB is out they find a way to win this game at home.
@ Utah
---------------
Sat, Sep 9 W
vs McNeese
-------------
Sat, Sep 16 L - We have more talent overall but their offensive system likely overcomes that even on the road.
vs Tennessee
----------------
Sat, Sep 23 W
vs Charlotte
---------------
Sat, Sep 30 L - I think their new QB and being at home will get them the win.
@ Kentucky
--------------
Sat, Oct 7 W - We have much better talent and the game is at home.
vs Vanderbilt
---------------
Sat, Oct 14 W - I think we have enough of a talent advantage to beat them on the road.
@ South Carolina
---------------
Sat, Oct 28 L - And it might be ugly again. I don't see our QBs doing much against their defense.
vs Georgia
--------------
Sat, Nov 4 W - But very close. I think the home field pulls it out though that QB can be dangerous at times.
vs Arkansas
--------------
Sat, Nov 11 L - They have a slight talent advantage and a better QB.
@ LSU
---------------
Sat, Nov 18 W - I think we have enough of a talent advantage to beat them on the road.
@ Missouri
---------------
Sat, Nov 25 L - I think we keep it pretty close at home but they have a similar talent level and a better QB.
vs Florida State
---------------------

I see a 6-6 record looking at this schedule despite thinking the defense will be improved quite a bit. Don't know anything about Utah's backup QB but in the other 5 losses I see I think our opponent will have the best QB in the game. If I was to guess where the record is highly likely to fall it would be from 5-7 to 7-5. I was thinking 8-4 at the high end before but not now.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
Fever,

Right now. before the season, I see two road games - Ky & USCe as toss ups; I like the rest of your calls

See little chance for a Cinderella season; Defense better; but it won't grow up in 1 season; jury still out on our new DC Austin Armstrong; QB play will make all of us cry

@KY - 7-6, 3-5 SEC
their OL, like ours huge ???
how good is Devin Leary's health ?

@USCe - 8-5, 4-4 SEC
do we get the "good" USCe or the "bad" one
at home, we beat them 38-6;
the next two weeks -
at home, they beat Tenn 63-38
on the road, they beat Clemson 31-30
then
Bowl game - lost to ND 38-45

Fever,

Right now. before the season, I see two road games - Ky & USCe as toss ups; I like the rest of your calls

See little chance for a Cinderella season; Defense better; but it won't grow up in 1 season; jury still out on our new DC Austin Armstrong; QB play will make all of us cry

@KY - 7-6, 3-5 SEC
their OL, like ours huge ???
how good is Devin Leary's health ?

@USCe - 8-5, 4-4 SEC
do we get the "good" USCe or the "bad" one
at home, we beat them 38-6;
the next two weeks -
at home, they beat Tenn 63-38
on the road, they beat Clemson 31-30
then
Bowl game - lost to ND 38-45

Leary was practicing some at the end of Spring but just basic throwing stuff I think. I think he will be 100% going into KY's camp before the season starts.

I need to look into SC's portal additions more. I know they lost some good players with that but not sure who they picked up.

I guess I'll just repeat what I posted here a week or more ago: 🙄

5-7 likely
6-6 if lucky
7-5 takes a miracle

Edit PS -- ESPN putting UF in the preseason Top 25 is either stupid, or hilarious, depending on your view and/or your sense of humor....

Last edited:
Tenn will be replacing their QB and their best receivers.

Curious about them. Their fans seem to think the offense will keep humming with the new QB. Just a tad below this past season and that their defense should be better. Hard to say when teams have offenses like they run.

Country,

See your point -

But aren't we doing the same thing ?

Plus replacing 4 starters on OL . just about our entire DL, etc.

I guess we will see how accurate some Vegas places are this far out as they think Tenn will still be decent and we will not be so good. I wonder if what our QBs looked like in the closed practices leaked out or maybe they watched the Spring game

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR

Those lines are pure disrespect.
Fever,

WTF - I'm confused !

You predicted a 6-6 record looking at this schedule -(5-7 to 7-5).

You predicted we would lose every one of these games.

I agreed with you !
Why all this angst ?

IMO, Moral victory doesn't count - a loss is a loss.

Your quote for Georgia - "And it might be ugly again. I don't see our QBs doing much against their defense."

UF +10 at Utah - Fever Predicts - L
UF +8 vs Vols - Fever Predicts - L
UF +22 vs UGA - Fever Predicts - L
UF +17.5 at LSU - Fever Predicts - L
UF +11 vs FSU - Fever Predicts - L

Fever,

WTF - I'm confused !

You predicted a 6-6 record looking at this schedule -(5-7 to 7-5).

You predicted we would lose every one of these games.

I agreed with you !
Why all this angst ?

IMO, Moral victory doesn't count - a loss is a loss.

Your quote for Georgia - "And it might be ugly again. I don't see our QBs doing much against their defense."

UF +10 at Utah - Fever Predicts - L
UF +8 vs Vols - Fever Predicts - L
UF +22 vs UGA - Fever Predicts - L
UF +17.5 at LSU - Fever Predicts - L
UF +11 vs FSU - Fever Predicts -

Those lines are saying they see us as definitely worse than last season when playing the better teams. The Tenn and FSU home game lines are basically laughing at us but I guess they will let you bet it right now if you are willing to.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
Those lines are saying they see us as definitely worse than last season when playing the better teams. The Tenn and FSU home game lines are basically laughing at us but I guess they will let you bet it right now if you are willing to.
Fever,

I don't bet on the Gators or any other sports activities EVER.

IMO, the spread is meaningless - to me, if you lose you lose - be it by 1 point or a 100.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT