ADVERTISEMENT

What are we up against?

Jag31

May 29, 2018
SR’s comments got me thinking about something I have mentioned a ton in conversations about recruiting, NIL etc. What is our completion doing?

Gator Collective has 2,500 members contributing. What do other schools have? Does UGA have 20k? Do they have 2k? Do they have 10-20 doing all the leg work? Were these guys not active under Richt and came to life under Kirby’s direction? Were they dropping bags all along and Kirby and staff are simply better coaches?

One thing I know for sure is these recruits and their families are fighting to make ends meet on a weekly basis. They want/need help to simply get by until that NIL money starts rolling in. Some teams take advantage of that need and some don’t. That makes a huge difference. My advice to Napier would be to avoid replying solely in these recruits in areas of dire need unless we are willing to play the same game on the same level as others. Keep in mind, the ability to play this game and the level it’s played isn’t really up to Napier. In many ways this staff out recruits everyone and doesn’t get the kid due to this. In many instances I fault Napier and staff for thinking the UF logo means something that it simply doesn’t to a kid who had poopy diapers the last time we were relevant.

We will either have to lower our standards a good bit and not pass on blue chip kids who want to be Gators in order to chase a pipe dream (like Hall and Sampson) and put together a coaching staff who can out coach teams until we become relevant ON THE FIELD again. We are a losing program right now. That’s a tough pill to swallow but I’m still waiting on examples of LOSING programs who have turned it around recently outside of a flash in the pan year. It simply isn’t happening anywhere

Billy needs help to recruit at the level he and we want him to. Without the help of a certain person/s we are in a much worse situation that we are in currently as hard as that may be to believe. The burden shouldn’t be on those folks like it is. We seem to have a lot of able people waiting on the NCAA to get control of this whole thing. While I hope that happens I think the death of the sport comes sooner than that would.

Gator Collective is not going to do all of this imo. What GC is doing/ going to do is simply keep our heads above water in the current environment. I’m hoping a new direction with new leadership will prove that our fanbase is not simply sitting on their wallets. I’d certainly hope that a UF degree has put the Alumni in a place to find $500-$1000 a year to put towards having a football program that doesn’t make you pull out your hair on Saturdays. Think of the savings on alcohol and medical bills a team who doesn’t lose to Vandy would save? How much could be saved on Hair Club for Men? 90k people wait all year to travel to Gainesville and I’m guessing it isn’t to see us get our asses handed to us. Do they even know they could make a difference? Are the numbers being put in front of them? This is something I believe the University is refusing to push at the moment. GC isn’t getting access to contact info. We are still riding around on a high horse that fits much better in the ACC than SEC. We are Stanford trying to convince Reggie Bush to come get a great degree.

This likely has more typos and grammatical errors than I would like but being up and unable to sleep after watching another UGA title will do that to you. Ramble on.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News