ADVERTISEMENT

Well I lasted 2 episodes into The Last of Us, but had to bail over woke nonsense

GhostOfMatchesMalone

Ring of Honor
Oct 1, 2012
So to set the stage: I am very familiar with the game, The Last of Us. It's great, if you have a PS4 or PS5, definitely play it.

The director for the game is a guy named Neil Druckman. He's a woke asshat to the Nth degree.

Mild spoilers for the games and show follow. Fair warning.

So the game revolves around the relationship between a man and a 14 year-old girl, as they go across the country in search of a cure for the zombie apocalypse. Now the first game, The Last of Us, has some mild wokeness, but it's not too severe. For instance one character, Bill, we learn is gay, but we never see him 'act' on it, and it's really only mentioned in passing, lasts about 5 mins in game.

But the sequel, The Last of Us 2, is where Druckman goes apeshit with the wokeness. First, the 14 year old girl in the first game, becomes a raging lesbian in the second game, even though she was shown enjoying looking at pics of naked guys in the first game. And the villain of the second game is a girl who is of course also a lesbian, but she is VERY muscular and is shown having a body that makes her look more like a man than a woman.

Needless to say, fans of the first game claimed Druckman ruined the second game, and he went on Twitter and mocked them and said he'd have more 'gayness' in the next game just to piss them off.

So back to the series. I started watching it a couple of nights ago. First two episodes weren't that bad at all. And I was expecting it to be much more violent than it was. And knew eventually Druckman would screw something up with woke bullshit. In the first episode, the main character (a white man)'s white daughter from the game has been changed into what appears to be a biracial girl. Ok a bit cringe, but if he doesn't get any worse I'll be ok with it.

Then comes the third episode. Above I mentioned the character Bill, who was only identified as being gay in passing in the game. Well in the series, Bill's gayness is thrown in your face and he whips out his salami and beats you in the face with it.

So sad. Could have been a fun watch, but wokeness ruined in.

Thanks for the heads up, will not watch this either.

I've mentioned this before but wife and I were binge watching Roswell. It's so woke that we eventually gave it up........only watch it if we absolutely can't find anything else. Netflix is horrible about this. :mad:

So to set the stage: I am very familiar with the game, The Last of Us. It's great, if you have a PS4 or PS5, definitely play it.

The director for the game is a guy named Neil Druckman. He's a woke asshat to the Nth degree.

Mild spoilers for the games and show follow. Fair warning.

So the game revolves around the relationship between a man and a 14 year-old girl, as they go across the country in search of a cure for the zombie apocalypse. Now the first game, The Last of Us, has some mild wokeness, but it's not too severe. For instance one character, Bill, we learn is gay, but we never see him 'act' on it, and it's really only mentioned in passing, lasts about 5 mins in game.

But the sequel, The Last of Us 2, is where Druckman goes apeshit with the wokeness. First, the 14 year old girl in the first game, becomes a raging lesbian in the second game, even though she was shown enjoying looking at pics of naked guys in the first game. And the villain of the second game is a girl who is of course also a lesbian, but she is VERY muscular and is shown having a body that makes her look more like a man than a woman.

Needless to say, fans of the first game claimed Druckman ruined the second game, and he went on Twitter and mocked them and said he'd have more 'gayness' in the next game just to piss them off.

So back to the series. I started watching it a couple of nights ago. First two episodes weren't that bad at all. And I was expecting it to be much more violent than it was. And knew eventually Druckman would screw something up with woke bullshit. In the first episode, the main character (a white man)'s white daughter from the game has been changed into what appears to be a biracial girl. Ok a bit cringe, but if he doesn't get any worse I'll be ok with it.

Then comes the third episode. Above I mentioned the character Bill, who was only identified as being gay in passing in the game. Well in the series, Bill's gayness is thrown in your face and he whips out his salami and beats you in the face with it.

So sad. Could have been a fun watch, but wokeness ruined in.
It was hard to watch. And the really sad part, the whole episode didn't add anything to the story line, other than maybe showing a totally unnecessary back story behind a weapons/supplies horde hidden outside of Boston. Its what I call a wasted episode.

It was hard to watch. And the really sad part, the whole episode didn't add anything to the story line, other than maybe showing a totally unnecessary back story behind a weapons/supplies horde hidden outside of Boston. Its what I call a wasted episode.
Right? I saw the promo shot on HBO Max and saw Nick Offerman (?) and thought 'Oh, that looks like Bill. Ok, this episode will be them going to Bill's Town'. But I'm like 40 mins into the episode, these two guys are having a 'romantic' dinner and about to go 'to bed' and it hits me.....they aren't going to Bill's Town, are they? I realized I was about to get conned into watching over an hour of woke BS with no advancement of the story, so I bailed.

Someone could have missed the entire episode, and the only thing they would wonder in episode 4 is where they got the weapons and truck. Something that could be explained in 30 seconds. Back story episodes are only interesting when they are about the regular characters. Maybe later this season they can have an episode of how Dan Mullen failed as the UF football coach.

I loved the game, but for me the story of the game went downhill the last third of the game. Without giving anything away, the game is divided into seasons, it starts with Summer, then Fall, Winter, and ends with Spring. IMO, Summer and Fall were fun, but I hated Winter, and Spring was only slightly better. So even without the wokeness, it will be interesting to see how they handle the last half of the story. If Druckman decides to do more woke ad-libbing then people will be howling LOL

Reactions: BCSpell
gator fever would happily direct that one. I think he started the day Mullen was hired.
Mullen was a hell of an offensive coordinator but no doubt in my mind, as a Head Ball Coach, he IS Cousin Eddie. 😂

That being said............who has some recommendations for series on Netflix? I'm about out of options, you guys may know some.

Mullen was a hell of an offensive coordinator but no doubt in my mind, as a Head Ball Coach, he IS Cousin Eddie. 😂

That being said............who has some recommendations for series on Netflix? I'm about out of options, you guys may know some.
Mullen did great at Miss State, I think it was just a cultural issue at Florida more than anything. Same thing with McElwain. I think his quirkiness would play better out west.

Having said that, I'm a bit surprised Saban isn't talking to him about becoming OC again. Maybe there's a reason why lol

I realize it's fiction but woke people aren't surviving the zombie apocalypse.
No, no they are not.

79tkl5.jpg

Reactions: BCSpell
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT