ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday Team Schedule Update + Practice Note

JasonHigdon

Bull Gator
Staff
Nov 5, 2021
Wednesday Team Schedule Update + Practice Note

Right now, the team is finishing treatment which started at 2:30. They should finish that up shortly and start position meetings soon at 3:30 pm. That will last 45 minutes before they go into GameChangers(Special Teams) and then staff meetings before a team event at 5 pm and dinner at 6 pm.

One thing I did want to talk about was Austin Barber – he is 6-foot-7, 308-pounds today. When Richard was out at LT, they moved Tarquin over to take that spot and Barber to RT running with the first team, and Barber has responded – lots of positive feedback from all sorts of guys, including Rob Sale, Billy Napier, and Sean Spencer. It looks like Barber is making the most of his opportunity to show he is capable and just starting to scratch the surface of his potential. Based on what's happened so far, I would think that if Richard goes down, Tarquin slides over, and Barber moves to RT. IF Tarquin were to go down, Barber goes in at RT. I am not sure who the other backup Tackle position would be right now other than Barber. We know that Braun is also at the G position; if either White or Torrence went down, we would see Braun in the lineup. Nice to have a solid 7 deep on the OL, and hopefully, another player or two will emerge, and we can get to 8-10 before the season is over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News