ADVERTISEMENT

UGA Sports reporting Jimbo has agreed to the A&M job

It's a win-win for us... we can laugh at noles for losing jimbo, or we can laugh at them for keeping him.

It's weird that as frustrated as many FSU fans are there would been a sigh of relief in UM and UF if he leaves the state.

I can see him leaving for several reasons.
Statistically, it's crazy to think he can maintain the success that culminated in the title and playoff appearance. His trend can only be down. He matched and set record win streaks against FSUs main rivals, and there is just no way to expect him to maintain an unprecedented rate going forward, so that can only trend down too.
He wouldn't replace Bowden for anybody with two more titles, but he can leave with a solid legacy, get paid more, and have a chance to make another culture reset at a place that hasn't tasted much success before but is clearly committing to it.
What is the best Aggie win streak against the Longhorns?

It's weird that as frustrated as many FSU fans are there would been a sigh of relief in UM and UF if he leaves the state.

I can see him leaving for several reasons.
Statistically, it's crazy to think he can maintain the success that culminated in the title and playoff appearance. His trend can only be down. He matched and set record win streaks against FSUs main rivals, and there is just no way to expect him to maintain an unprecedented rate going forward, so that can only trend down too.
He wouldn't replace Bowden for anybody with two more titles, but he can leave with a solid legacy, get paid more, and have a chance to make another culture reset at a place that hasn't tasted much success before but is clearly committing to it.
What is the best Aggie win streak against the Longhorns?
That’s just idiotic. You are truly delusional.

Had no idea that Alabama was the entire sec west. No wonder Mullen bailed out of that league.
well bama did finish 2nd in the west this year and they haven't dominated the division as much as most people think. West division championships over last 8 years:

Bama- 4

Auburn- 3

LSU- 1

Auburn and LSU are also both historically better football programs than Texas A&M

But the A&M money is quickly changing that, and could if they hire a good football coach that doesn't waste talent like most SEC coaches have done.. and why so many are unemployed...

How in the world can these bumpkins up in trailerhassee allow this to happen time after time with this primadonna. The guy is always asking for a bigger office so he can compete yet his team looked like crap this year.

F$u talks about other teams yet they should look in the mirror for the true embarrassment of the state...pathetic simpletons.

For the record I hope he stays so we can watch the bumpkins bow down to him just to to watch him do it again and again.

Go Canes!

How in the world can these bumpkins up in trailerhassee allow this to happen time after time with this primadonna. The guy is always asking for a bigger office so he can compete yet his team looked like crap this year.

F$u talks about other teams yet they should look in the mirror for the true embarrassment of the state...pathetic simpletons.

For the record I hope he stays so we can watch the bumpkins bow down to him just to to watch him do it again and again.

Go Canes!

Speaking of record, Fisher is 7-1 vs Caines and only a late 4 th qtr. drive kept it from 8-0.

Speaking of record, Fisher is 7-1 vs Caines and only a late 4 th qtr. drive kept it from 8-0.
Lol nolies talking about what ifs...not surprised.

Let the primadonna keep holding you simpletons hostage.

Go Canes!

The only incentive I can see for Jimbo is the fresh start. Maybe he feels that FSU fans are too hard on him.

Jimbo just needs a safe space where he can get paid $5+ million per year, with a $40 million buyout, lose 6 games, and not be criticized for it.

I just dont see the guy leaving. He didnt leave for lsu so why TAM?
He possibly thought he couldn't meet the expectations that they wanted Les to meet. He thinks he can achieve more success than Sumlin achieved.

-Or-

This poor season took it's toll on him and he doesn't see it getting any better so he better take the money while his stock still sells.

Reactions: MJWilliamson
Yes he is and I didn’t realize how butt hurt the nolies are...so sad.

It must suck having all those top ranked classes and suck so bad, then have the coach believe he’s better than the university

Go Canes!

Get back to us when caines actually win a conf. title this decade. Or gets a NY6 bowl. Or a playoff spot. 7-1.

He possibly thought he couldn't meet the expectations that they wanted Les to meet. He thinks he can achieve more success than Sumlin achieved.

-Or-

This poor season took it's toll on him and he doesn't see it getting any better so he better take the money while his stock still sells.
Door number two in my opinion

Get back to us when caines actually win a conf. title this decade. Or gets a NY6 bowl. Or a playoff spot. 7-1.

Get back to you for what...
url
tumblr_lx9jb1SPMr1qdrpdr.gif

You better go back and crawl in your hole and worry about who wants to coach that dumpster fire of a program that needs to play a losing division 2 team just so they can attend a lack luster bowl game, has drunk players fighting with frats, loses money every time they play in a bowl game, and allow a coach to demands a bigger office so his team will play better than that piece of crap of a team you have on the field.

Get back to us when you clean up that program and find a new coach that doesn't believe he's bigger than the university; winning six games, really pathetic.

GO Canes!

JF is asking for more control over the Booster money and more money for assistant coaches. He isn't asking for a raise.
The boosters control which capital projects to fund and JF wants more of that money funneled to the football program.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Get back to you for what...
url
tumblr_lx9jb1SPMr1qdrpdr.gif

You better go back and crawl in your hole and worry about who wants to coach that dumpster fire of a program that needs to play a losing division 2 team just so they can attend a lack luster bowl game, has drunk players fighting with frats, loses money every time they play in a bowl game, and allow a coach to demands a bigger office so his team will play better than that piece of crap of a team you have on the field.

Get back to us when you clean up that program and find a new coach that doesn't believe he's bigger than the university; winning six games, really pathetic.

GO Canes!

Caine fans crawling out out the woodwork with one decent yr. a decade after failing for 7 of the last 8. Kinda cute actually. but win something ..... anything before claiming the Caines are back. I can see why Shapiro wanted his money back. You'll be back to total irrelevance next yr.

From what I'm hearing, I think Jimbo may be gone.

aTm is giving him a $2 million raise, promising him the moon and basically treating him like a rock star. FSU boosters are not happy with the yearly threats to leave and his 5-6 this season isnt helping. Jimbo feels that expectations placed on him are unrealistic and that he shouldn't be expected to compete with programs that have more resources.

Additionally, Miami is suddenly good again and UF has a new coach who has proven HC success in the SEC. Jimbo knows he benefited from our in state rivals being dumpster fires for the past decade. It's probably better to grab the money and bolt now and let someone else take the fall.

Jimbo feels that expectations placed on him are unrealistic and that he shouldn't be expected to compete with programs that have more resources.

If this is true, he is going to love, love, love competing in the SEC West.

Additionally, Miami is suddenly good again and UF has a new coach who has proven HC success in the SEC. Jimbo knows he benefited from our in state rivals being dumpster fires for the past decade. It's probably better to grab the money and bolt now and let someone else take the fall.

This has the ring of truth

Why hasn’t Texas A&M hires anybody yet or who are they rumored to be looking at other than Jumbo. Is there smoke on any other candidates.

It sounds like he is going to get out Now while he can. Not sure going to the SEC West is the best place to make that move for him though.

I just dont see the guy leaving. He didnt leave for lsu so why TAM?

Fisher and Andy Miller (President of Seminole Boosters) apparently do not get along at all. Sounds like things have really deteriorated over the last year or 2.

Why hasn’t Texas A&M hires anybody yet or who are they rumored to be looking at other than Jumbo. Is there smoke on any other candidates.

It sounds like he is going to get out Now while he can.

Uh because they're waiting on him to decide. Yeah he's probably terrified of Dan Mullen that's it.

I really would like to see Fisher stay just so we can see how he would fare against good Miami and UF teams.

He is probably not afraid of Dan Mullen. But as an aside, the years Mullen was at Florida as OC, his offense were light years better than when Fisher was OC at FSU

Reactions: PacoGator19
He is probably not afraid of Dan Mullen. But as an aside, the years Mullen was at Florida as OC, his offense were light years better than when Fisher was OC at FSU

Pretty sure Fishers 2013 offense was the highest scoring in cfb history. I'm not ragging on Mullen btw. I think he's a damn good coach.

Oregon doing their part.

Alternatively, Sexton's ploys pay off.

35m
SI College Football

✔@si_ncaafb

Oregon has offered coach Willie Taggart a new deal worth more than $20 million, @Andy_Staples reports http://on.si.com/2i0EcUo
With Florida State on the verge of a coaching search, Oregon has opened up its wallet in an effort to keep Willie Taggart http://on.si.com/2i2i5gw

1:19 PM - Nov 29, 2017

Oregon offering Willie Taggart new contract
Taggart has reason to wait to accept Oregon's new deal. If Jimbo Fisher leaves Florida State, Taggart could be a candidate in Tallahassee.

si.com

From what I'm hearing, I think Jimbo may be gone.

aTm is giving him a $2 million raise, promising him the moon and basically treating him like a rock star. FSU boosters are not happy with the yearly threats to leave and his 5-6 this season isnt helping. Jimbo feels that expectations placed on him are unrealistic and that he shouldn't be expected to compete with programs that have more resources.

And, they are providing a private jet to him for travel when he needs it (son to doctor, kids events....)

It sounds like he is going to get out Now while he can. Not sure going to the SEC West is the best place to make that move for him though.
The Ags will be disappointed really soon. I give JF 4 years and will be fired

The Ags will be disappointed really soon. I give JF 4 years and will be fired
Would be 56 at the time...$6mil more richer. Take a gig on a football show. Spend more time with the family. If need be, he can easily snatch up a job and a million.5 dollar contract at a non P5 school until official retirement time.

Do you think if he has 4 more years at FSU averaging 8-9 wins a year he won't get canned at FSU?

Would be 56 at the time...$6mil more richer. Take a gig on a football show. Spend more time with the family. If need be, he can easily snatch up a job and a million.5 dollar contract at a non P5 school until official retirement time.

Do you think if he has 4 more years at FSU averaging 8-9 wins a year he won't get canned at FSU?

If he stays he's probably here another 4 or 5 years no matter how many wins he averages.

He has a $40 million buyout. At 5.5 million per year, it would be at least 5 years before that buyout is remotely affordable to FSU. So, he basically has a guaranteed 5 years at FSU.

Ok so 4 years at aTm making 2 million more a year vs 5 years at FSU making,2 million less. Either way he's set. It all depends on who he has to deal with where.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT