ADVERTISEMENT

UF vs UNR Thread

GatorNation79

Bull Gator
Sep 27, 2009
Sparks, NV
I live in Reno, NV....UNR is here.... life long Gator. Grew up in Polk County, FL. People out here love their basketball. If we win today it will be so awesome.

#gogators and we can beat them too!

No lead is safe under Mike White. smdh
UF needs a couple more "Trump's Great Wall" defenders in the paint to make another run at the NC. They don't have to be top tier scorers , just competent at catching the ball under the hoop and throwing it in. But defending the hoop in the paint is foremost. Both Billy and now White find good guard talent so that's a given.

I wondered why Mikey signed Stokes............but in the KY game I saw a different kind of player. I think he will be a good addition to this squad. Low post and enforcer in the middle. But UF needs the 7 foot monster to make another run, IMO.

White does the same thing every time we have a double digit second half lead. He takes the air out of the ball and stalls our momentum. When will he learn? No reason that game should've got down to 2 points.

White does the same thing every time we have a double digit second half lead. He takes the air out of the ball and stalls our momentum. When will he learn? No reason that game should've got down to 2 points.
That is how we play offense the entire game, not just when we are up big. Over the course of the season our players have gotten around to the consistency of that time consuming offense and have matured with it the past 10 -11 games to where we play through and maintain control.

Reactions: bradleygator
White has shortened his bench a lot and so has to play somewhat of a slowdown game to keep the guys from wearing out. It is frustrating to see so many possessions every game where they sit on the ball and have to jack up a forced shot as the clock runs out. Too many wasted possessions. But all I care about right now is that they won tonight and get to play another game.

That is how we play offense the entire game, not just when we are up big. Over the course of the season our players have gotten around to the consistency of that time consuming offense and have matured with it the past 10 -11 games to where we play through and maintain control.

Nah, it's what he does with the lead, the basketball version of the prevent offense. They go away from what got them the lead, no more moving the basketball or moving on offense. We got iso up top with a guard and clear everyone out or just give it to the high post until he holds it and turns it over or we get lucky to get a shot off. It's obviously never going away, he just does it every game and if it was gonna change it would have by now. The team would be so much better if Billy was coaching these guys and running great offensive sets from inside out game to get open looks to put teams away. The team won in spite of white tonight, the last two baskets that finally put it away were just Nembhard alone touching the whole time, then driving and it cleared for him and we got lucky. Then the same last score, johnson drove down and dished it to left open Bassett for the finish. It's a problem that's clearly never going away and is how a team that shouldn't have 15 losses will end the season with 16. The team is much better than this many losses when its all said..

White has shortened his bench a lot and so has to play somewhat of a slowdown game to keep the guys from wearing out. It is frustrating to see so many possessions every game where they sit on the ball and have to jack up a forced shot as the clock runs out. Too many wasted possessions. But all I care about right now is that they won tonight and get to play another game.
It is poor offense but I agree with you as well that our bench isnt just shortened there is literally not much coming off it. It pretty bad so really can’t count on much from them.

^^^Absolutely ecstatic about moving on to round two, but that excitement doesn’t negate the perception that CMW’s coaching style isn’t conducive to holding leads down the stretch against quality opponents.

Reactions: 46885
Everyone can be critical, but Mike White just won a tournament game...and a lot of people didn’t think he (or this team) would.

It is was a great win. Happy for the seniors.

Michigan is going to be a Mt Everest type challenge, but sadgator is very happy with the 20 wins and tourney win.
We win tomorrow against Michigan.

It is poor offense but I agree with you as well that our bench isnt just shortened there is literally not much coming off it. It pretty bad so really can’t count on much from them.
Yeah and this is the year Ballard and Okaru should have taken big steps forward. Wouldn't surprise me to see both of them transfer out.

I think we are more athletic and I like our back court better.
Apparently, Michigan is quite similar to us, great D and lackluster O at times, although their O is not as frequently lackluster as ours is. They will have size on us but so did Nevada and LSU.

Need Hudson and Allen to stay focused and not relapse into obscurity. Hayes was magnificent last game, need that again! And don't let anybody BUT Nembhard bring the ball up, lol, the rest all get picked or throw/fumble it away under pressure.

Apparently, Michigan is quite similar to us, great D and lackluster O at times, although their O is not as frequently lackluster as ours is. They will have size on us but so did Nevada and LSU.

Need Hudson and Allen to stay focused and not relapse into obscurity. Hayes was magnificent last game, need that again! And don't let anybody BUT Nembhard bring the ball up, lol, the rest all get picked or throw/fumble it away under pressure.
Yes it is likely going to be a low scoring defensive slugfest.

Reactions: sadgator
And here's our season long 2nd half fall apart.

No lead is safe under Mike White. smdh

Post game, the players said that 'they' began to look at the clock, not Mike.

Whenever we do good, nobody remembers...
Whenever we do poorly, nobody forgets...
Everything is as it should be I guess... :rolleyes:

However -- UF 70 - 61 Nev ==== :D:p:D

Mike White:
Year 1 - takes a previous loser 16-17 team to the NIT 1/4 finals without home games.
Year 2 - Elite-8 and voted SEC CoY
Year 3 - Rnd of 32 without 6-11 rsSr Center Egbunu.
Year 4 - Rnd of 32 at least, without 6-11 rsJr Center Gak, 6-9 PF C.Johnson, or 6-8 PF K.Stone
NIT-NCAA/CoY-NCAA-NCAA -- I sure wish that he was a good coach.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT