ADVERTISEMENT

UF-fsu game set for 7:30 PM

In all honesty, how hard will we all laugh if this game turns in to SWTS II ?
SWTS II?
If you mean Swindle in the Swamp then I would immediately start the petition to NEVER play fsu again. We're doing you a favor to play you now as it is.

WE DONT NEED YOU.

Say what you want about the other games but FSU played the #1 team in the country at their place tough and was leading much of the game. Also that UNC vs SC comparison is lame. It was the first game and UNC or USC is not even the same team they are now. USC doesn't even have SOS anymore. So please without bringing FSU up...how good is UF? The SEC east is hot garbage you know it.

So, tell us about the BC game, the WF game, the Miami game and the GaTech game. If the ACC wasn't so down this year (and every year), then I doubt FSU even has a winning record.

This is a surprising comment from you. Didn't you just post the following chart? The SEC East is currently ranked with the ACC.

CONFERENCE CENTRAL MEAN SIMPLE AVERAGE TEAMS WIN50%

1 SEC-WEST (A) = 83.25 83.89 ( 1) 7 83.65 ( 1)
2 BIG 12 (A) = 79.29 78.58 ( 2) 10 79.24 ( 2)
3 PAC-12(SOUTH) (A) = 78.43 77.94 ( 3) 6 78.18 ( 3)
4 PAC-12(NORTH) (A) = 77.99 77.20 ( 4) 6 77.77 ( 4)
5 BIG TEN-EAST (A) = 76.06 76.12 ( 5) 7 76.13 ( 5)
6 ACC-COASTAL (A) = 75.87 76.05 ( 6) 7 75.99 ( 6)
7 SEC-EAST (A) = 75.57 76.04 ( 7) 7 75.90 ( 7)
8 BIG TEN-WEST (A) = 74.69 74.50 ( 9) 7 74.58 ( 9)
9 ACC-ATLANTIC (A) = 74.61 75.22 ( 8) 7 74.88 ( 8)

10 I-A INDEPENDENTS (A) = 72.79 71.80 ( 10) 3 73.23 ( 10)

Granted, FSU is in the Atlantic, but we played a couple of ACC Coastal teams as well.

I will concede that if the Gators beat both FSU and Bama, they will have earned a playoff seat.

So fsu plays in THE WORST DIVISION in football and fsuers come over here and talk about the SECe. Laughable.

Say what you want about the other games but FSU played the #1 team in the country at their place tough and was leading much of the game. Also that UNC vs SC comparison is lame. It was the first game and UNC or USC is not even the same team they are now. USC doesn't even have SOS anymore. So please without bringing FSU up...how good is UF? The SEC east is hot garbage you know it.

North Carolina A&T, Illinois, Delaware, GT, Wake, UVA, Pitt, Duke, Miami. With wins against this group, this new UNC must be unrecognizable to USCe now.

Side Note: UNC is also one of only 6 ACC teams to beat Georgia Tech.

Reactions: GatorGray
Well let's see UF is good enough to be ranked 8th in the country after 10 games have been played. I would say that is pretty good.
I also love the moral victory talk. Did you really just say you played Clemson tough and boasting as if that was something to be proud of? Really? That's pretty sad that is FSU has fallen that fast already? Also no matter how much you don't want to talk about it you can't erase that loss to a pitiful GT game. I know you want to sweep it under the rug and not talk about it but it really did happen. You really did lose to a pitiful 3-7 GT team. Go back to Warchant and play homer with those guys and talk about your close loss to Clemson and act as if the GT game didn't happen.

FSU won big with probably the most embarrassing QB in modern football history. The whole world watched that clstrcoitus unfold. Each week was another round of "did he really do that". To come on a gator board and brag takes more than gonads it takes a disconnect from reality. Throw in how they canned the greatest coach in their history (top five all time) and you see what a real clown school is (no pun intended). Without BobbyB they are Wake Forest.

WE DONT NEED YOU.

tumblr_mwxhka9Gqa1t2ynj7o1_.gif

tumblr_lnb8e7gMbc1qdhip2.gif

Well let's see UF is good enough to be ranked 8th in the country after 10 games have been played. I would say that is pretty good.

Ya, but you have to admit UF's ranking is based on wins that looked MUCH better at game-day then they do now.

These aren't impressive wins (IMO):
2-7 New Mexico State
4-6 East Carolina
4-5 Kentucky
5-4 Tennessee
5-5 Missouri
3-6 South Carolina
and soon-to-be win over 2-8 Florida Atlantic.

You beat an average 6-3 UGA, and average 7-3 Ole Miss and lost to an above average LSU.

YES, FSU's schedule is worse, but I'm not as impressed with this schedule as I was earlier in the year. Regardless, JM has, in fact, done a FANTASTIC job with your program. I will admit that sincerely.

FSU won big with probably the most embarrassing QB in modern football history. The whole world watched that clstrcoitus unfold. Each week was another round of "did he really do that". To come on a gator board and brag takes more than gonads it takes a disconnect from reality. Throw in how they canned the greatest coach in their history (top five all time) and you see what a real clown school is (no pun intended). Without BobbyB they are Wake Forest.

Really?? Wake Forest?? Where exactly were you in 2013??

Ya, but you have to admit UF's ranking is based on wins that looked MUCH better at game-day then they do now.

These aren't impressive wins (IMO):
2-7 New Mexico State
4-6 East Carolina
4-5 Kentucky
5-4 Tennessee
5-5 Missouri
3-6 South Carolina
and soon-to-be win over 2-8 Florida Atlantic.

You beat an average 6-3 UGA, and average 7-3 Ole Miss and lost to an above average LSU.

YES, FSU's schedule is worse, but I'm not as impressed with this schedule as I was earlier in the year. Regardless, JM has, in fact, done a FANTASTIC job with your program. I will admit that sincerely.
Tennessee is actually 6-4 and yes UF has beaten about 3 average to above average teams in Tennessee, Ole Miss and UGA. Who should be ranked ahead of UF at this point? UF is ranked right about where they should be. On the other hand FSU has beaten nobody. FSU hasn't even beat an average team yet and has a pitiful loss.

Tennessee is actually 6-4 and yes UF has beaten about 3 average to above average teams in Tennessee, Ole Miss and UGA. Who should be ranked ahead of UF at this point? UF is ranked right about where they should be. On the other hand FSU has beaten nobody. FSU hasn't even beat an average team yet and has a pitiful loss.

Hoping that changes next weekend. :p

So shocking that you completely missed what he was saying.

No I know exactly what he's trying to say and it's more ridiculous than what I gave him credit for. That's like saying you would be UK without Spurrier. See how stupid that is??

No I know exactly what he's trying to say and it's more ridiculous than what I gave him credit for. That's like saying you would be UK without Spurrier. See how stupid that is??

That is a dumbass comparison, even for you.

That is a dumbass comparison, even for you.

And I'm really not going to spend a lot of time on this because it's pointless. All schools have had their legendary coach or the guy who accomplished a ton. Ours happened to be Coach Bowden and hopefully Coach Fisher can continue it. Spurrier started it for you guys and Meyer had great success also. We have already got one thread locked with "if FSU didn't have Jameis" type foolishness. Now it's if FSU didn't have Coach Bowden". Just ridiculous

Gotcha, jamie and bobby were not anywhere the special people you had portrayed them to be. Carry on.

1 SEC-WEST (A) = 83.25 83.89 ( 1) 7 83.65 ( 1)
2 BIG 12 (A) = 79.29 78.58 ( 2) 10 79.24 ( 2)
3 PAC-12(SOUTH) (A) = 78.43 77.94 ( 3) 6 78.18 ( 3)
4 PAC-12(NORTH) (A) = 77.99 77.20 ( 4) 6 77.77 ( 4)
5 BIG TEN-EAST (A) = 76.06 76.12 ( 5) 7 76.13 ( 5)
6 ACC-COASTAL (A) = 75.87 76.05 ( 6) 7 75.99 ( 6)
7 SEC-EAST (A) = 75.57 76.04 ( 7) 7 75.90 ( 7)
8 BIG TEN-WEST (A) = 74.69 74.50 ( 9) 7 74.58 ( 9)
9 ACC-ATLANTIC (A) = 74.61 75.22 ( 8) 7 74.88 ( 8)

10 I-A INDEPENDENTS (A) = 72.79 71.80 ( 10) 3 73.23 ( 10)

I love it when you make my point for me.

Most of you FSU fans say the SEC East is what, "hot garbage?"

Notice that the "hot garbage" division is just a statistically insignificant place behind the BEST division in the ACC, the Coastal Division. Correct me if I am wrong, but is that not the division where Clemons and FSU reside? So, FSU's schedule is comparable to being in the SEC East.

Now look at the SEC West. That is where FSU would reside, if they were in the SEC. It is not too much of a stretch to imagine that FSU would have have a current total of four to five losses in that division, given they have already lost two in the pathetic ACC Coastal.

Last edited:
Ya, but you have to admit UF's ranking is based on wins that looked MUCH better at game-day then they do now......

IOW, "Hey, our schedule SUCKS, but I am not impressed with yours either!"

Oh...really?

Like we really care about your opinion, one not based in reality?

Not really. FSU had considered dropping football altogether prior to Bowden

Not really. FSU had considered dropping football altogether prior to Bowden

So FSU started football in 1947 and within 28 years were contemplating calling it quits?

And when did this supposedly happen?

As soon as we started playing in the late 40's?
1949 9-1
1948 7-1

A decade and a half after things started looking up in the 60's (Fred Biletnikoff days)??
1964 9-1-1 #11
1967 7-2-2 #15
1968 8-3-0 #14

Link?

Florida State was a former women's college with little football pedigree … and on the brink of collapse. The school was 4-29 and had considered dropping football when Bowden was hired in 1976.

So which is it?? Would we have become Wake Forest(like the poster who took the thread in this direction said) or no team at all since we "considered" dropping football?? Still need those list of accomplishments before the great SOS took over. Thanks in advance.

So which is it?? Would we have become Wake Forest(like the poster who took the thread in this direction said) or no team at all since we "considered" dropping football?? Still need those list of accomplishments before the great SOS took over. Thanks in advance.

Stop trolling....our history before SOS is of no relevance to importance or lack of importance of bobby to your program. Now stop with the deflection and straw men little brother.

Stop trolling....our history before SOS is of no relevance to importance or lack of importance of bobby to your program. Now stop with the deflection and straw men little brother.

What does Bobby Bowden importance to our program have to do with this thread?? Nothing. The thread was hijacked and just like there was a question of what would we would have become without Bowden, I ask the same of what would you have become without SOS??

You really are dumber than a box of rocks. Igloo asked for a link and I gave it to him.

I said "which is it" because another poster said we would have been Wake Forest, then the link said we "considered" dropping football. But whatever. Hijack it again. smh

What does Bobby Bowden importance to our program have to do with this thread?? Nothing. The thread was hijacked and just like there was a question of what would we would have become without Bowden, I ask the same of what would you have become without SOS??

Gimme a T!

Reactions: passoverGator
We will see who has the better team on Nov 28th.

Who cares about last year or the year before or whatever. I am concerned with this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT