ADVERTISEMENT

UF/FSU Basketball Thread

ocalaman

Bull Gator
Sep 4, 2002
Neither team shooting it well at the under 8 min. mark in the first half. FSU up by 6 due to 10 Gator turnovers, poor free throw shooting and getting dominated on the boards. We're not hitting shots and FSU's length and quickness has us out of rhythm so far.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
Ugly game so far. Whole team playing sloppy. Allen needs to step up and take control in the second half.

Mike White needs to start treating this like a rivalry game. We are very flat and noles are energetic. Our lack of size is also being exposed. Ham does a good job of treating this as a big game. looks like we will get run out gym unless something drastic changes.

Gators down 42-35 at the half. We're shooting 33% from the field, 21% from 3 point range. We've missed 5 free throws, been out rebounded by 7 and given up 14 offensive rebounds. We have 11 turnovers, FSU has 4; they have 8 fast break points, we have none. Chiozza, Hayes, Allen, Hudson all having subpar games so far. We got a lift from Ballard and Okura and Egor has been steady, but FSU is bigger than us and really taking the game to our guys.

Until Egbunu comes back we have no post presence. Teams are going to run us off the 3 point line so we need some drives.

Florida State will go on to lose to Podunk University in the second round while Florida makes another deep tournament run. These clowns always play their best against UF.

Florida State will go on to lose to Podunk University in the second round while Florida makes another deep tournament run. These clowns always play their best against UF.
And they lost 3 guys to the NBA off last year's team. Hamliton definitely gets players, but once he gets into the ACC schedule they seem to fall off. But they treat the UF game with more intensity that we do - at least the last few years.

Florida beat Gonzaga and was up 17 on Duke, it's awfully funny to assume Florida wouldn't compete in the ACC. The Noles just own us for some strange, unknown reason. Yet, Florida almost always finishes the season stronger than FSU and goes further in the tourney. It's clearly a mental problem at this point.

Mike Whites philosophy is this game is no different than the others. Noles played with tremendous energy and we had no hustle. Noles treat it like an important game.

Florida is not this bad - FSU is not this good. Noles played great tonight - outhustled and outmuscled the Gators the entire game. Having watched all the UF games so far, tonight's effort was pathetic. FSU definitely the better team tonight - by far.

Florida beat Gonzaga and was up 17 on Duke, it's awfully funny to assume Florida wouldn't compete in the ACC. The Noles just own us for some strange, unknown reason. Yet, Florida almost always finishes the season stronger than FSU and goes further in the tourney. It's clearly a mental problem at this point.

Typically that's been the case...hoping that changes this season...we've looked like a much better team so far this year than the last few.

Both football & basketball seniors at uf go out never beating FSU.

Enjoy watching Florida go deeper in the tournament (again). March is a coaches and guards time, and FSU always comes up short in those departments when it matters.

Maybe one day FSU will make it back to the Final Four again, much less win a title. Florida has a few Final Four banners hanging, maybe you guys can borrow one.

Enjoy watching Florida go deeper in the tournament (again). March is a coaches and guards time, and FSU always comes up short in those departments when it matters.

Maybe one day FSU will make it back to the Final Four again, much less win a title. Florida has a few Final Four banners hanging, maybe you guys can borrow one.

If I give you my home address would you send me your panties that smell like hurt vagina?

This was the game Florida went cold. I take nothing away from FSU. I hate playing them because they are a big physical bunch, who thrive in these nasty and grimy games. Congrats FSU, I dont want to play you anytime soon.

We have another one of those opponents coming up in Cincy. Lets hope its a better shooting night.

Maybe your players should have thrown a banner at the Noles to keep them from taking their ball away last night. o_O

I was at the game. What a disappointment. Refs let the game get very physical early. Our guys got intimidated and never recovered.

I was at the game. What a disappointment. Refs let the game get very physical early. Our guys got intimidated and never recovered.

How so? They were calling foul after foul and foul on FSU. Since you were there, you didn't hear the commentary about the 1st flagrant foul under the basket..."Did that look like a flagrant to you?" "No"...and it went on from there.

I'll admit, I missed some of the 2nd half...did the refs stop calling them?

Refs had nothing to do with it. Our guys played weak and soft. FSU was aggressive, quick and more athletic. They had so much success in the first few games scoring from the outside, it hasn't sunk in to them yet that you've got to be tough inside on both ends of the floor if you want to be a championship-caliber team.

The inside play was very physical. FSU play is such rhat they foul on every inside play and dare the refs to call them all. That is also the MSU style. It is a legitimate style and very effective sometimes. A team has to respond or lose. We lost.

Florida is not this bad - FSU is not this good. Noles played great tonight - outhustled and outmuscled the Gators the entire game. Having watched all the UF games so far, tonight's effort was pathetic. FSU definitely the better team tonight - by far.
Yep. The noles wanted it way more from the opening tip. Kudos to Ham. Good news is titles arent won in november. Need to regroup.

I could be wrong about this but Florida is being visited severely by the flu bug and it was evident last night the whole team has it.

IF true, it would explain a lot...
ufo_2387810b.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT