ADVERTISEMENT

UF 2022 Football Transfer Updates

Don't see any major losses

Xzaiver Henderson is getting some passes thrown down the field to him from Emory Jones finally but I think it will be close whether he gets drafted or not. I think he probably ends up a free agent signing.

Kind of surprised Lingard doesn't have more big plays in that conference as he is the type of back that can get loose with that speed but he just didn't have it as an overall RB to be able to succeed in the SEC.

Braun appears to be doing alright. I don't think we had any real big losses in the portal the last couple of years except maybe Hopper.

Interesting. Some on here lectured the rest of us what huge losses Whittemore and Henderson would be. Said they were "run off" because incompetent napier valued worthless transfers over home grown true talent. Comedy gold!!

Interesting. Some on here lectured the rest of us what huge losses Whittemore and Henderson would be. Said they were "run off" because incompetent napier valued worthless transfers over home grown true talent. Comedy gold!!

Henderson was smart to leave and its paying off for him a little bit but with Wilson etc. coming in it was the right move as he would have been squeezed out of playing time. Whittemore I saw like our TE Odom now - that he just doesn't have the talent to be a good SEC starter.

Henderson was smart to leave and its paying off for him a little bit but with Wilson etc. coming in it was the right move as he would have been squeezed out of playing time. Whittemore I saw like our TE Odom now - that he just doesn't have the talent to be a good SEC starter.
Some poster to remain nameless as not to hurt delicate feelings, said Whittemore was better than Pearsal.

Some poster to remain nameless as not to hurt delicate feelings, said Whittemore was better than Pearsal.
It wasn't me who said that. However, the person who did was upset, I think, about a legacy player being overlooked in favor of a transfer. Whittemore did have a good year under Mullen the year before and had his playing time drastically reduced last year in Napier's 1st year. I hated to see Whittemore leave, as well, because his brother, Creed, would have come to UF if he had stayed, plus their Mom was an AA volleyball player at UF, is still connected to the university and her husband is the Buchholz coach. All of that could affect local recruiting down the road. Trent and Creed are very good football player, but Pearsall has turned out to be a great player, IMO, who will play in the NFL for many years. As for Trent and Creed, who knows? I do know they come from a quality family with Gator heritage and solid values.

Reactions: gatordad3
Let's be honest MOST of our recent transfers have been shown the door. I'm not talking personalities good guy/bad guy but by and large they are not the talent needed to win. We need blue chip players across the board. Most of the guys aren't transferring to UGA, FSU, Bama, OSU...you know teams that are winning and really good.

It wasn't me who said that. However, the person who did was upset, I think, about a legacy player being overlooked in favor of a transfer. Whittemore did have a good year under Mullen the year before and had his playing time drastically reduced last year in Napier's 1st year. I hated to see Whittemore leave, as well, because his brother, Creed, would have come to UF if he had stayed, plus their Mom was an AA volleyball player at UF, is still connected to the university and her husband is the Buchholz coach. All of that could affect local recruiting down the road. Trent and Creed are very good football player, but Pearsall has turned out to be a great player, IMO, who will play in the NFL for many years. As for Trent and Creed, who knows? I do know they come from a quality family with Gator heritage and solid values.
Napier needs to win now and Pearsall is clearly better than Whittemore. It was a no brainer that he get more playing time. As to his brother hes a highly rated recruit, but no clue if that will translate. But Napier can't worry about Gator legacy when he's trying to win games.

Last edited:
Most of the transfers were good for the young man

We could have used Braun at points. Discussed at length, Tarquin was given an outsized NIL deal at USCw.

Napier needs to win now and Pearsall is clearly better than Whittemore. It was a no brainer that he get more playing time. As to his brother his a highly rated recruit, but no clue if that will translate. But Napier can't worry about Gator legacy when he's trying to win games.
Don't disagree. I was just giving an explanation for why some hated to see Whittemore leave.

Don't disagree. I was just giving an explanation for why some hated to see Whittemore leave.
I understand that completely. But the argument that was being made (not by you) was that Whittemore was better and Pearsall should not have been taking snaps away from him. That was clearly silly as he has been our best WR the last 2 years. Hate losing legacy kids for sure but understandable he wants to play.

Reactions: ocalaman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT