ADVERTISEMENT

Treon Harris is the worst QB in FBS history

Driskel didn't get it, not early on anyway. Because we were winning despite his horrific games.

When I said "got it" I meant he got criticism. Completely agree with everything else you wrote. While at Florida, Jeff often did quite well against out of conference, inferior opponents.

Please stop acting like the ONLY choice is either TH or Grady.... o_O

QB Harry Gornto IV 6-2 195 rsFr ***
P-WO - Fort Walton Beach (FL 6A Playoff Final Four)

Nike Sparq score 102.6. (New Orleans, March 2014). #1 QB through 6 Sparq combines and #38 overall (over 7000 athletes) Nike Combine (N.O.) All Combine Team (at QB) March 2014. He's also in the International Baccalaureate (IB) college prep program, maintains a 4.2 GPA, and made a 33 on the ACT. (so he should be able to quickly learn the playbook) o_O

A different QB might give the team some chance of getting a win, while playing TH gives the team virtually NO CHANCE of getting a win. JMOHO of course.... :cool:

And I certainly do not hate TH. He's just proven to be not good enough to be the Gator QB. Those that said to 'just give TH a chance' will have to admit at this point that he has been given more than just his chance.... (what would SOS do?) :rolleyes:

The way to beat Bama is throw it on them by spreading the field and making their LBs get out in space to try and cover people. Bama's D is very good but generally they are suspect against the pass. With Grier I would at least give us a chance to hit some passes and at least pick up some first downs. If we had Dan Marino we sure as hell would have a great chance to beat Bama. Our defense can keep us in any game against anybody in the country. They need some support from the offense.

You have to have a line capable of blocking to attack their linebackers and secondary, we do not. Also, when you spread them out it means you typically have less blockers to protect. There isn't a tight end in the game. And backs are typically out in routes. That puts even more pressure on a line. That would be hard for a good line to handle much less a bad one. Simply spreading them out even with a good QB isn't enough. We have no chance, styles make fights. They were a bad matchup for us 8 weeks ago and they're a bad matchup for us now. The talent disparity where it matters most is way too great.

Mac may be skilled at developing quarterbacks but he can't make chicken salad out of chicken
chickenshit%2B-%2BCopy.jpg

You have to have a line capable of blocking to attack their linebackers and secondary, we do not. Also, when you spread them out it means you typically have less blockers to protect. There isn't a tight end in the game. And backs are typically out in routes. That puts even more pressure on a line. That would be hard for a good line to handle much less a bad one. Simply spreading them out even with a good QB isn't enough. We have no chance, styles make fights. They were a bad matchup for us 8 weeks ago and they're a bad matchup for us now. The talent disparity where it matters most is way too great.
I may be wrong, but I don't believe Bama's pass rush has been that good this year. I thought I saw where as a defense they don't have that many sacks. I could be wrong though.

I may be wrong, but I don't believe Bama's pass rush has been that good this year. I thought I saw where as a defense they don't have that many sacks. I could be wrong though.

41. By comparison, we have 38. I would also argue they've done it against better competition to date.

I think you are wrong. They lead the SEC in sacks per game. They lead the SEC in interceptions per game, which are often the result of pressure. And they lead the SEC in passes defended per game, also often as a result of pressure.

They have by far the best defense we have faced all year. And the best offense.

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY WILL YOU JAGOFFS STOP BEATING UP ON TREON HARRIS.

He's a Gator player and he's doing the best he can do. He's not trying to fail. He's trying to succeed.

You SOBs make me sick with this crap. Cheer for the kid and hope he succeeds, but stop your incessant character attacks on the kid. So he's 5'10". So he's not very accurate. He's not the spawn of Satan like so many you schmucks make him sound like.

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY WILL YOU JAGOFFS STOP BEATING UP ON TREON HARRIS. He's not the spawn of Satan like so many you schmucks make him sound like.

Satan? No.

Not good enough as the Gator QB? Yes

You're gone further into the deep end than anyone else posting on the subject,,, imoho. o_O

You are entitled to your opinion, and so is everyone else. :cool:

I think you are wrong. They lead the SEC in sacks per game. They lead the SEC in interceptions per game, which are often the result of pressure. And they lead the SEC in passes defended per game, also often as a result of pressure.

They have by far the best defense we have faced all year. And the best offense.

So in summary, we're gonna get squashed. Unfortunate, but it is what it is. We don't have the horses yet. Ain't a college QB in the country who would make a difference. Not when there's that big of a talent advantage on the lines where it matters most. Unless of course they turn the ball over a ton, our defense scores (probably multiple times), and our special teams scores.

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY WILL YOU JAGOFFS STOP BEATING UP ON TREON HARRIS.

He's a Gator player and he's doing the best he can do. He's not trying to fail. He's trying to succeed.

You SOBs make me sick with this crap. Cheer for the kid and hope he succeeds, but stop your incessant character attacks on the kid. So he's 5'10". So he's not very accurate. He's not the spawn of Satan like so many you schmucks make him sound like.

THIS!
Muschamp left no OL, and Grier is culpable here.

So in summary, we're gonna get squashed. Unfortunate, but it is what it is. We don't have the horses yet. Ain't a college QB in the country who would make a difference. Not when there's that big of a talent advantage on the lines where it matters most. Unless of course they turn the ball over a ton, our defense scores (probably multiple times), and our special teams scores.
So there is a chance?

How soon you people forget we were minutes away from being shutout for like the first time in 30 years against UT under Driskel until Treon saved the day. Our offensive numbers almost doubled across the board with Treon vs. Driskel over the season and we now see that Treon himself is a bad QB. Please. Driskel is WOAT by a fairly large margin. And he had almost no excuse for his incompetence because he has physical tools few QB's could dream of. Treon is 5''9 with a mediocre arm.

OK......thanks for that.

So he probably improved since then....right?

Why can't we be critical of Treon's play?

It was horrible....we all saw it.

He can't read a defense. He can't find the open receiver and throw the ball to the open man.

I'm curious as to how people will say Treon can't read a defense, but then in the very next breath will claim he's always overthrowing open receivers. Does. Not. Compute. If he can't read defenses, how is he consistently identifying open receivers to over/underthrow? Magic? As I keep saying, his biggest issue isn't reading defenses or finding the open man, he does it quite often. He's just inaccurate as hell. Either overthrows, under throws, or throws late which makes it tougher to get a completion. That's the issue, not any of that other made up crap not like being able to read a defense or not having 'it' between the ears. I mean they literally showed the overhead coverage of multiple plays during the game and diagrammed them talking about no one breaking open, and yet y'all apparently keep seeing open receivers. Ooooook.

Reactions: JWtruthsquad
I'm curious as to how people will say Treon can't read a defense, but then in the very next breath will claim he's always overthrowing open receivers. Does. Not. Compute. If he can't read defenses, how is he consistently identifying open receivers to over/underthrow? Magic? As I keep saying, his biggest issue isn't reading defenses or finding the open man, he does it quite often. He's just inaccurate as hell. Either overthrows, under throws, or throws late which makes it tougher to get a completion. That's the issue, not any of that other made up crap not like being able to read a defense or not having 'it' between the ears. I mean they literally showed the overhead coverage of multiple plays during the game and diagrammed them talking about no one breaking open, and yet y'all apparently keep seeing open receivers. Ooooook.
Haven't I've been saying it for over a year now that the biggest issue with Harris is his accuracy issues. I didn't get on him about his height or lack of arm strength. I've been saying it since he's been at UF that he is just a flat out bad passer. He's as inaccurate as any QB we've had here at UF. He struggles to hit WRs in stride at practice against "air". He's not a QB and never will be. He needs to change positions.

I see him not throw to wide open receivers OFTEN.

"Inaccurate"?

If you can't throw a football accurately to an open receiver, you probably should not play football.

"Yea, he gets open shots all the time....he just can't make them".....then maybe the guy shouldn't be playing basketball.

It's even WORSE if there are open receivers all over the place and he sees them and throws to them...but just can't be accurate.

Does he have vision issues?

I'm curious as to how people will say Treon can't read a defense, but then in the very next breath will claim he's always overthrowing open receivers. Does. Not. Compute.

Because prior to this game, that is exactly what he was doing. Or not doing. Not throwing to the open receiver.

As it turned out, him not being able to find the open receiver was just an escape goat for his poor performance. For all intensive purposes, even when he found the open receiver and threw the ball, he was not often accurate. So, irregardless of the argument, he is not particularly good at that position. (yes, Ghost, I am doing it on purpose)

Not his fault he was thrust in this position. He tries. But damn, even things he should be able to do, things he should be able to learn from in one game to another, he does not do.

Reactions: Gaylord Focker
tumblr_lnrhzrBtw61qc9z2jo1_400.gif

Reactions: Gaylord Focker
Treon is a horrible QB.

I am sure he is a good kid when he isn't getting high with Demarcus, but as far as being a QB for UF....he is terrible.

We win that game even if we just had Doug Johnson at QB.....even Noah....even fricking Lex Smith.

I see him not throw to wide open receivers OFTEN.

"Inaccurate"?

If you can't throw a football accurately to an open receiver, you probably should not play football.

"Yea, he gets open shots all the time....he just can't make them".....then maybe the guy shouldn't be playing basketball.

It's even WORSE if there are open receivers all over the place and he sees them and throws to them...but just can't be accurate.

Does he have vision issues?

There are a number of things that lead to inaccuracy other than just raw talent. There are guys who can throw a ball through a tire 30 yards away then get in a game and can't hit an open receiver 5 yards from them. Treon's issue to me is that he has really, really sloppy footwork. Almost never throws from a good base and his throws are always 'hurried.' You take the first Calloway throw for example he didn't see him break open till late and without setting his foot he just heaved it with all arm. Body wasn't involved in the throw at all. Unsurprisingly it was inaccurate and short, he got nothing behind it. Stuff like that happens all the time. Just improving his fundamentals would make him way better.

At least he's not a pick machine like Driskell was.
Yea. But I think Jeff might have made a lot of successful runs in the game. He was pretty decisive when he had to run, unlike Treon. Plus,Jeff is a lot faster than Treon. That lad has wheels.

Not sure all that could have overcome his inevitable turnovers though. Even the year we kicked FSU's ass, back in 2012, Jeff almost single handily lost a game we dominated.

Haven't I've been saying it for over a year now that the biggest issue with Harris is his accuracy issues. I didn't get on him about his height or lack of arm strength. I've been saying it since he's been at UF that he is just a flat out bad passer. He's as inaccurate as any QB we've had here at UF. He struggles to hit WRs in stride at practice against "air". He's not a QB and never will be. He needs to change positions.

And you were right on that, I'll give you your due. The weird part about it is until recently, his deep balls were on point, which is the hardest throw to time up. People think it's just drop back and heave but no. You gotta know each receivers speed and try to time when they're gonna reach their spot. He threw those beautifully. Intermediate he was accurate too. He was always bad with accuracy short but he's regressed to where not even his deep ball is consistent. A lot of it is fundamentals too. He will never be a guy that's gonna complete 65-70% of his passes but he'd hit 60% with regularity if he cleaned up a lot of bad fundamental habits. Footwork and only throwing with his arm being the main two. It's sloppy and leads to his accuracy problems.

At least he's not a pick machine like Driskell was.

TH Career - 17 TD's, 8 Ints --- 2015 8 TD's, 4 Ints.

JD Career - 23 TD's, 20 Ints. (10 of those Ints in 2014)

And with the musclecramp's O, they led the SEC in receiver DROPS,
(and in incorrectly run routes I might add).

Driskel in 2015: 3,575 yds, 61.9%, 24 TD's, 8 Ints. <<<<
(at UF, 3 different OC's and systems, with a new WR's coach every year)
Maybe it wasn't Jeff's fault,,, ya think?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT