ADVERTISEMENT

Todd Golden of San Fran

I don’t watch college basketball, but why do we hate this hire so much?
It just doesn't have that "WOW" factor to it IMO.

A 57-36 record. Has coached 3 seasons and 1 of those was a losing record season. Has coached ONE NCAA tournament game ever. Best place he ever got in his conference was a 4th place finish.

That resume looks much weaker than Mike White's.

Reactions: sadgator
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- The first major blow to the Florida basketball program has landed, with five-star power forward Malik Reneau backing off his commitment to Florida.

Golden probably has his attention focused on keeping Gatkek. Doesn't have enough time to court the signees.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
It just doesn't have that "WOW" factor to it IMO.

A 57-36 record. Has coached 3 seasons and 1 of those was a losing record season. Has coached ONE NCAA tournament game ever. Best place he ever got in his conference was a 4th place finish.

That resume looks much weaker than Mike White's.
Lol…Golden is kinda like Mike White…just without any kind of success at all…

...well and then there’s this…

images

Just about anybody right now is better than Mike White. Not to say that White is bad but the program wasn’t going anywhere with him as the coach.
You hit the reset button and see if this guy can do anything. If not then you let him go a few years down the road. Unfortunately IMO we already have held onto White too long.

Can't blame the kid for re-evaluating his options. Can't blame White for trying to get his signees to follow him to Georgia. Hopefully, Golden can convince them to still come to UF. Same with all the roster players. Both coaches are going to go after the guys they think can help them win quickly, as they should.
Based on several phone calls this afternoon I put in a Rivals FutureCast pick for Malik Reneau to Miami.

Reactions: Gator Fever
I was impressed with Golden’s PC but we will see how well he does when it really matters. Sounds like we are actually going to recruit some shooters now as opposed to what we have been seeing the last several years.

SDS grading the new hires in the SEC college basketball
He's giving Golden the A+ grade because he wanted him at Mizzou. Maybe he sees something in Golden we don't. White won't work out in Athens because he's already proven he can't land the 5-star talent in his camp. LSU has the guy I wanted in McMahon, but sanctions will kick their asses if implemented. The Chickens seemed kind of lazy and disorganized in their search, especially when a coach like Sean Miller whiffs on them.

He's giving Golden the A+ grade because he wanted him at Mizzou. Maybe he sees something in Golden we don't. White won't work out in Athens because he's already proven he can't land the 5-star talent in his camp. LSU has the guy I wanted in McMahon, but sanctions will kick their asses if implemented. The Chickens seemed kind of lazy and disorganized in their search, especially when a coach like Sean Miller whiffs on them.
I like the Jans hire at Miss St.

Reactions: ghost_of_ukalum1988
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT