ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on this Florida team moving onto 2024......

The Gators are averaging giving up 2.50 sacks per game, with 15 total for losses of 118 yards. That's 98th in D1. On defense, we're averaging 1.50 sacks per game, with 9 total for 78 yards in losses. That's 108th in D1. Neither is good.
Gators aren't giving up sacks, Mertz is getting sacked all on his own. If he didn't suck so bad we would have no sacks this year. I mean forget the fact that our oline ranks close to 100th in time allowed...Or that as a few defensive coordinators have pointed out the Gator scheme is easy to prepare...I mean Mertz has sucked so bad that now ETN and Johnson suck too, rubbed off on them.

Gators aren't giving up sacks, Mertz is getting sacked all on his own. If he didn't suck so bad we would have no sacks this year. I mean forget the fact that our oline ranks close to 100th in time allowed...Or that as a few defensive coordinators have pointed out the Gator scheme is easy to prepare...I mean Mertz has sucked so bad that now ETN and Johnson suck too, rubbed off on them.
Totally disagree. The line is not doing their job. They're not nearly as good as last year and if Richardson was QB this year, sacks would be the same and completion percentage would be way down, IMO. Mertz is doing a good job under the circumstances. Blaming him is completely wrong, IMO.

Totally disagree. The line is not doing their job. They're not nearly as good as last year and if Richardson was QB this year, sacks would be the same and completion percentage would be way down, IMO. Mertz is doing a good job under the circumstances. Blaming is completely wrong, IMO.
I was being sarcastic...I know Mertz isn't the problem, but some on here are probably blaming him for hamas attack on Israel.

I was being sarcastic...I know Mertz isn't the problem, but some on here are probably blaming him for hamas attack on Israel.
That's a relief. I think considering this team's ceiling, Mertz has surprisingly pleased me. I expected utter doom and destruction from the QB position going into this season. The issues are with pass blocking and some really head scratching offensive play calling, which has been so predictable, we'll sit back and predict where the ball is going before the snap. If us couch callers can do that, imagine what a skilled defensive coordinator can do.:mad:

Some others on here have a must be right all the time agenda, which causes reality blindness.
There are much worse ways to go blind…

Love, sadgator…

images

"A man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest..." :cool:
Paul Simon -- The Boxer

Finally we tried to push the ball down the field today and it saved our butts this game. We would have lost if we did the normal dink and dunk we had been doing previously.
The over the tops didn't connect, but the near misses opened up the intermediate routes and dink and dunks. Mertz was not perfect, but he was damned good, especially behind that oline's pass blocking.

Mertz was tremendous today, as was Pearsall. I think Ricky made himself some serious $$$ coming back for another year. The defense pretty much stunk it up, although they did get the crucial stop at the end. So many missed tackles and missed assignments.

Reactions: NavigatorII
Mertz was tremendous today, as was Pearsall. I think Ricky made himself some serious $$$ coming back for another year. The defense pretty much stunk it up, although they did get the crucial stop at the end. So many missed tackles and missed assignments.
Defense looks very confused. Brings back memories of grantham defenses...looking at the sidelines while the other team snaps the ball.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
Defense looks very confused. Brings back memories of grantham defenses...looking at the sidelines while the other team snaps the ball.
They do look confused sometimes.... but I swear, that looks a little like Briar Rabbit pretending to be like that to confuse the offense. It might be by design. If they'd just tackle better, they don't suck especially to be playing that many underclassmen. Disappointed in the deep ball coverage, they blanket the receivers yet lose on the jump balls. I think that is lack of experience, we are young.

One thing about it though, these kids are gonna grow up and when they do watch out!
There were a few plays today where Florida had 4 true freshmen on defense at the same time. Wow...will be more tough times ahead, but if we can just get to 6 wins, hold the class together, keep the portal noise low, have a shot to be much improved next season.

There were a few plays today where Florida had 4 true freshmen on defense at the same time. Wow...will be more tough times ahead, but if we can just get to 6 wins, hold the class together, keep the portal noise low, have a shot to be much improved next season.
And there it is folks, the Ole Gator Mantras is back in full swing,,,, "Wait Till Next Year." 👌

I think we have a TE that will be pretty good for us the next few years also.

And there it is folks, the Ole Gator Mantras is back in full swing,,,, "Wait Till Next Year." 👌

Nobody here claimed UF is some type of championship caliber team. We all knew where this team stood before the season. All we hoped for this year was some progress, and we're actually witnessing it on both sides of the ball.

This Gator team has also started 11 freshmen, more than any power 5 team in the nation with some other team I can't remember starting 7 freshmen. This is also sending a message to recruits.

Nobody here claimed UF is some type of championship caliber team. We all knew where this team stood before the season. All we hoped for this year was some progress, and we're actually witnessing it on both sides of the ball.

This Gator team has also started 11 freshmen, more than any power 5 team in the nation with some other team I can't remember starting 7 freshmen. This is also sending a message to recruits.
WoW!!! Good thing we've got you here to tell us these things..... 😎

Clemson and LSU I believe.

Except for Mertz...guy is killing it this year!

Mertz, SEC QB Rankings:
1st in completion (dink & dunk) percentage, but 6th in QB Efficiency.

He's a pretty good game manager for Billy's weak excuse for an offense.

Sorry, but that ain't my definition of killing it.
However, each of us has a right to his/her/it's own opinions....

Being extremely stupid IS your Forte it seems to me.

But Grats on you knowing all there is to know on every subject. I heard that some here are in desperate need to be always right about everything, and that seems to be your need.
😎

I'm either a homer or a poor Gator fan, any time I happen to disagree with you. While your need to yap outta both sides of your mouth requires a forked-tongue.

And claiming that I'm the one that's triggered amuses me to no end....

😂 🤣 😂

Mertz, SEC QB Rankings:
1st in completion (dink & dunk) percentage, but 6th in QB Efficiency.

He's a pretty good game manager for Billy's weak excuse for an offense.

Sorry, but that ain't my definition of killing it.
However, each of us has a right to his/her/it's own opinions....
LOL!! Come on. No way to spin what happened on Saturday. Mertz played amazing and that was while he spent most of the night running for his life and getting up after being knocked down. Look I was adamant before season started he wasn't the answer. Well after 7 games I was clearly wrong.

Let’s all be honest, Mertz has played 3x better than any of us thought (although I was bullish if anyone cares to check my posts) and Napier deserves huge credit first for bringing him in and second for coaching him up to put up better numbers than he did in 2 years in the Big 10.
And Graham deserves a lot of credit as well for working his tail off.

Reactions: bradleygator
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT