ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on this Florida team moving onto 2024......

Ehhh…sadgator’s seen more than enough…at this point, sadgator’d be willing to let Lance Leipold show us if he can be “elite” or “great.”

I agree he can't be around after 2024 if this continues. If that was allowed we would be saying we are Ole Miss or KY now.

Ehhh…sadgator’s seen more than enough…at this point, sadgator’d be willing to let Lance Leipold show us if he can be “elite” or “great.”
Agreed. Schedule is brutal next season, but he better get us back to competitive. Another crappy season and he's done.

Those questions and his answers are of the highest order of cringeworthy…

This is not going to end well.
I notice a pattern with him offering fairly mundane circumstances as excuses for screwing up routine substitutions. He’s like “well we had a player injured the play RIGHT BEFORE.” Like jeez, what are you going to do about that?

And when we had two guys on the field with the same number he’s like well we were at a spot on the field and down and distance where we had to be ready for them to go for it or punt. So… you mean 4th and short from midfield? Yeah that happens coach.

Reactions: Gator Fever
I notice a pattern with him offering fairly mundane circumstances as excuses for screwing up routine substitutions. He’s like “well we had a player injured the play RIGHT BEFORE.” Like jeez, what are you going to do about that?

And when we had two guys on the field with the same number he’s like well we were at a spot on the field and down and distance where we had to be ready for them to go for it or punt. So… you mean 4th and short from midfield? Yeah that happens coach.

Yep he doesn't want to own his in game mgmt screwups at the press conferences.

Are these the same two-faced moe-rons that have been hammering me for the last 18 months??? ROTF -- LMFAO..... 🤣
Moving right along....

"No other quarterback has contributed that many rushing yards to the team. Not to mention, how many times has he been sacked? The skill combined with the mobility of the quarterback There’s a benefit to having an athlete at the position and this guy he’s pretty special.” And on playing freshmen: " And look, they're going to be really good for the Gators in the future." -- Napier
Excuses for today, combined with promises for tomorrow...

Well, at least Billy can recognize a good dual threat QB when he sees one on another team. Be nice if he could see either of the 2 QB-dt's that are currently on his own roster.

QB-dt Max Brown 6-2 220 rsSo
14 Gms - 13-1, 6-0 Conf. -- Okla HS 3A MVP
P - 167 of 235, 71.1% for 2,750 yds, 16.5 yd/comp, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 142.6
R - 173 for 1,343 yds, 7.8 ypc, 20 TD's, ZERO fumbles.
Total Offense - 4,093 Yds -- 61 TD's -- 4 Turnovers

His Father played WR for the Atlanta Falcons.

Napier's not going anywhere in the next 3 years imo, but I'd sure like him to be able to WTF-UP some time soon.... His 2 QB-pp's, his M&M boys, may be wonderful people, but with the current roster and coaching, they ain't gettin' the football job done imoho....

QB-dt Parker Leise 6-2 215 Fr - PWO
Played senior year at IMG Academy on the top varsity program... Participated in the All-American Bowl Combine and earned Top Performer Honors and was an All-Combine Team Honorable Mention... Collected MVP honors at the UC Report QB Academy and named TB12 QB MVP... Set the IMG single-game passing record with 405 yards... Also participated in track and was a member of the National Honor Society...
His father played TE and LB at Nebraska from 1987-91.

More speculation & opinion from the iG: (in response to the opinions of others)
Mertz is not the team MVP,
and Pearsal is not the most talented WR,
True Fr WR Eugene Wilson III is both of those things....
And if you're just going to play QB-pp Miller then Mertz, then WTF are you recruiting QB-dt Lagway for, and why did you sign both Brown then Leise???

Many questions remain unanswered for the iG.....

Hopefully The M&M's will hit the portal when Lagway comes and he can sit and learn from MVP Mertz and then take over the team for 2025. Lagway isnt coming to sit on the bench. Billy has told him something to get him to commit. Lagway isnt recruiting players to come play ball with him if he was gonna sit on the bench for very long. And yes give Wilson the #1 jersey next year cause he deserves to represent it.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Mertz appears to be limited with his long throw accuracy but this joke system of passing Napier is running where most passes are near the line of scrimmage can't be mostly blamed on Mertz. We definitely need an OC forced on Napier next season.
It all starts and ends with the offensive line, IMO. They simply can't hold up against quality SEC fronts. Puts the play caller and the QB at a severe disadvantage, IMO. On top of that, Etienne, in spite of how great a runner he is, is a blocking liability who can't handle a blitzer.

Last edited:
Gators gave up 39 points to arkansas. Both lines of scrimmage are soft. Thank goodness for MVP Mertz or we might we 1-8 vs 5-4. Hopefully we can keep Wilson healthy as he has missed playing time due to injury. Napier has to get more talent in the trenches.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
It all starts and ends with the offensive line, IMO. They simply can't hold up against quality SEC fronts. Puts the play caller and the QB at a severe disadvantage, IMO. On top of that, Etienne, in spite of how great a runner he is, is a blocking liability who can't handle with a blitzer.
How dare you inject factual reason into this conversation!! Agreed, Oline needs serious upgrading.

• Haha
Reactions: ocalaman
It all starts and ends with the offensive line, IMO. They simply can't hold up against quality SEC fronts. Puts the play caller and the QB at a severe disadvantage, IMO. On top of that, Etienne, in spite of how great a runner he is, is a blocking liability who can't handle a blitzer.
Napier has the OL improvement covered with his TOP NOTCH OL recruiting....
NOR
= Not on current roster

2022 Class:
OG Jalen Farmer 6-5 325 ***
OG Christian Williams 6-4 320 ***
OT David Conner 6-6 270 *** -- NOR
=== xfers
RG O'Cyrus Torrence 6-5 330 *** - xfer **** - NOR-/NFL
OT Jordan Herman 6-8 370 NR JUCO

2023 Class:
OT Roderick Kearney 6-4 300 ****
OT Caden Jones 6-7.5 329 ****

OT Knijeah Harris 6-3 335 ***
OG Bryce Lovett 6-5 330 ***
--- xfers
OT Kiyaunta Goodwin 6-8 340 **** - xfer **** NOR
RT Damieon George Jr 6-6 350 *** - xfer ***
OT Lydell Hudson 6-7 320 ** - xfer ***
OG Micah Mazzccua 6-5 335 **** - xfer ***
==========

2024 Class: -- NOR
OT Fletcher Westphal 6-8 335 ****

OT Mike Williams 6-7 310 ***
OT Marcus Mascoli 6-4.5 292 ***
OG Moel Portnjagin 6-5 334 ***

Billy's Recruited So Far.....
11 OT's, 4 ****'s, 7 ***'s
6 OG's, 1 ****'s, 5 ***'s

5-Stars 0,,, 4-Stars 5,,, 3-Stars 12 --- 16 Total Recruited
With 3 NOR's and 6 more (24's) not here yet.
Current Roster Totals = 19 OL-men that are being coached by 2 OL coaches.

Everyone is of course free to make of that whatever they will.....

• Wow
It was going to happen soon. If Cousin Eddie was still coaching, there's no way other schools would attempt to steal our commitments.

• Haha
It was going to happen soon. If Cousin Eddie was still coaching, there's no way other schools would attempt to steal our commitments.
Cousin Eddie was a conundrum. He's a great O coordinator, just don't let him decide starters or hire defensive coaches. 😂

200w.gif

"Their quarterback is exceptional, and I think his legs ultimately are the difference in the game. I mean, he's a really good passer, they have great skill [players], they have a good balance of run game that complements his legs. But ultimately, I mean, I think we all can agree that the difference in the game was his ability to take off running, right?" -- Billy-boy post-game

Me, Max, and Parker are all busy LOFAO at the continuing 'coach-speak' drivel....

"So, you know, we played against him last year and we played against him this year, he continues to improve (unlike the unfortunate Max) We'll give their staff credit and him credit, he's definitely improved as a player. So, you pair his skill set with that group of skill players, and you've got, I think it's a challenge. (then one guy can’t finish on him). We need to execute a little bit better." -- Billy Napalm is setting the football world on fire,, while he's chunking the players that he's coached up under the bus again.
(so the HC/OC/QB's is supposed to pair his QB choices with the skill set of his current players,,,, who knew???)

"We’ve just got to continue to learn and grow. (growing from 6-7 with an ugly bowl loss, to 5-7 and no bowl) Play with more detail, more discipline, more poise, communicate better. Work hard on our fundamentals. Those are where our issues are." ---
As the 'Wack-A-Mole' coaching continues...

For a coaching comparison to LSU, Max sat the bench all of last year, and he's learned so much football knowledge from Billy, that he's continued to sit on the bench again this year.

That said and at this point, I'm hoping that record setting MVP Mertz stays and starts every game next season too. -----1. Mertz -- 2. Miller -- 3. Lagway
-----> With QB-dt's Max and Parker going somewhere else so that they can have a chance to play before their eligibility runs out.

Record Setting Trivia: Mertz leads FBS in sacks with 30 already and with 2 games yet to go....

Mertz Sacks:
In 4 years, 3 as the starter, @ Wis 49,
Already @ UF, he's got an NCAA leading 30 so far with 2 games to go,
and for his Career so far, 79.
Career Rushing - 182 for -108 yds, -0.6 ypc. --- No doubt the Gator's MVP....

Vs LSU - He gave up 5 Sacks with 2 Fumbles.

And it's all on the terrible OL. The OC/QB's coach,. The 5th year starting QB, the game planning and play calling have nothing to do with the QB's sacks, or with the 'carrying it like a loaf of bread' fumble totals.....

For comparison: QB-dt Daniels - 606 total yds with 5 TD's.
He is the 1st QB in FBS history to have at least 350 passing and 200 rushing in a game.
It's just too bad that UF doesn't have any QB-dt's on their roster....🙄

Last edited:
  • Love
"Their quarterback is exceptional, and I think his legs ultimately are the difference in the game. I mean, he's a really good passer, they have great skill [players], they have a good balance of run game that complements his legs. But ultimately, I mean, I think we all can agree that the difference in the game was his ability to take off running, right?" -- Billy-boy post-game

Me, Max, and Parker are all busy LOFAO at the continuing 'coach-speak' drivel....

"So, you know, we played against him last year and we played against him this year, he continues to improve (unlike the unfortunate Max) We'll give their staff credit and him credit, he's definitely improved as a player. So, you pair his skill set with that group of skill players, and you've got, I think it's a challenge. (then one guy can’t finish on him). We need to execute a little bit better." -- Billy Napalm is setting the football world on fire,, while he's chunking the players that he's coached up under the bus again.
(so the NC/OC/QB's is supposed to pair his QB choices with the skill set of his current players,,,, who knew???)

"We’ve just got to continue to learn and grow. (growing from 6-7 with an ugly bowl loss, to 5-7 and no bowl) Play with more detail, more discipline, more poise, communicate better. Work hard on our fundamentals. Those are where our issues are." ---
As the 'Wack-A-Mole' coaching continues...

For a coaching comparison to LSU, Max sat the bench all of last year, and he's learned so much football knowledge from Billy, that he's continued to sit on the bench again this year.

That said and at this point, I'm hoping that record setting MVP Mertz stays and starts every game next season too. -----1. Mertz -- 2. Miller -- 3. Lagway
-----> With QB-dt's Max and Parker going somewhere else so that they can have a chance to play before their eligibility runs out.

Record Setting Trivia: Mertz leads FBS in sacks with 30 already and with 2 games yet to go....

Mertz Sacks:
In 4 years, 3 as the starter, @ Wis 49,
Already @ UF, he's got an NCAA leading 30 so far with 2 games to go,
and for his Career so far, 79.
Career Rushing - 182 for -108 yds, -0.6 ypc. --- No doubt the Gator's MVP....

Vs LSU - He gave up 5 Sacks with 2 Fumbles.

And it's all on the terrible OL. The OC/QB's coach, the 5th year starting QB, the game planning and play calling have nothing to do with the QB's sacks, or with the 'carrying it like a loaf of bread' fumble totals.....

For comparison: QB-dt Daniels - 606 total yds with 5 TD's.
He is the 1st QB in FBS history to have at least 350 passing and 200 rushing in a game.
It's just too bad that UF doesn't have any QB-dt's on their roster....🙄

Right on cue...one thing for certain you are consistent.

Yep, as the lyric goes, like a madman laughing at the rain...
Just as trite and as boring as you've always been I see.... 😴

When you can't win the debate with the facts, just go after the messenger instead as your last hope to distract from, the observed realities....

Just as trite and as boring as you've always been I see.... 😴

When you can't win the debate with the facts, just go after the messenger instead as your last hope to distract from, the observed realities....
Interesting choice of words, facts...another lyric comes to mind, lunatics are in the air...check out the song and pay close attention to the title...should strike a chord.

This 2024 recruiting class MUST hold together if Napier is going to rebuild this program. In today's reality, there are going to be portal players coming and going. However, getting a Top 10 or Top 5 group of high school kids is still a must if we're going to be able to compete again with the big boys of college football. He lost 2 4-star recruits this weekend. We dropped from 3 to 4 in the rankings and need to pick up another big time recruit or two to replace them and then stop the bleeding. Losses to Missouri and FSU ain't gonna help.

This 2024 recruiting class MUST hold together if Napier is going to rebuild this program. In today's reality, there are going to be portal players coming and going. However, getting a Top 10 or Top 5 group of high school kids is still a must if we're going to be able to compete again with the big boys of college football. He lost 2 4-star recruits this weekend. We dropped from 3 to 4 in the rankings and need to pick up another big time recruit or two to replace them and then stop the bleeding. Losses to Missouri and FSU ain't gonna help.
No doubt our rivals are telling recruits that napier will be fired. Old tactic but effective

Well we have lost two 4* defenders in 24 hours so I would wager that on-field lack of performance is starting to have an impact

And in between the 2 recruit flips, they lost a 2nd year LT to the portal....

OLB/DE Jamonta Waller Flips Commitment From Florida to Auburn. Napier loses the commitment of one of the Gators' top-rated recruits and the nation's best edge-rushing prospect.
=========

Florida LT Jordan Herman Entering Transfer Portal. The two-year Gators OT plans to enter the NCAA transfer portal.

========​

CB Wardell Mack Flips From Florida to Texas. The Gators lose their second commitment in 24 hours.

This past weekend, MVP Mertz broke former UF QB Tim Tebow's (203) program record for most (204) pass attempts without an interception.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...pass-attempts-without-interception-220133840/

In the iG's OHO, any Mertz to Tebow comparisons are a poor QB joke...

Tebow Sr Season Yd/Att = 9.2 - 21 TD's to 5 Ints, QBR 164.2
Career vs SEC Defense - 66.4%,10.4 Yd/Att - 88 TD's to 16 Ints
Career Pass Eff. Rating = 170.8

Career Rushing / 2,947 Yds, 4.3 YPC, 57 TD's.

Mertz rsJr Season Yds/Att = 8.1 - 18 TD's to 2 Ints, QBR 157.5
Career 3 vs Big10, 1 vs SEC - 63.7%, 7.3 Yd/Att - 56 TD's to 28 Ints.
Career Pass Eff. Rating = 157.5

Career Rushing / -109 Yds, -0.6 YPC, 12 TD's

And that comparison is without any of their sack/fumble stats.
Mertz also has the UF season record for sacks given up, currently at 30.

I believe that was 30 sacks before giving up 5 sacks with 2 fumbles to LSU.
Anyone having only 2 Ints, while giving up 35 sacks, is an ugly trade-off imo, and you don't get near as many Int's when half of your passes are to receivers that are behind the LOS....

This past weekend, MVP Mertz broke former UF QB Tim Tebow's (203) program record for most (204) pass attempts without an interception.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...pass-attempts-without-interception-220133840/

In the iG's OHO, any Mertz to Tebow comparisons are a poor QB joke...

Tebow Sr Season Yd/Att = 9.2 - 21 TD's to 5 Ints, QBR 164.2
Career vs SEC Defense - 66.4%,10.4 Yd/Att - 88 TD's to 16 Ints
Career Pass Eff. Rating = 170.8

Career Rushing / 2,947 Yds, 4.3 YPC, 57 TD's.

Mertz rsJr Season Yds/Att = 8.1 - 18 TD's to 2 Ints, QBR 157.5
Career 3 vs Big10, 1 vs SEC - 63.7%, 7.3 Yd/Att - 56 TD's to 28 Ints.
Career Pass Eff. Rating = 157.5

Career Rushing / -109 Yds, -0.6 YPC, 12 TD's

And that comparison is without any of their sack/fumble stats.
Mertz also has the UF season record for sacks given up, currently at 30.

I believe that was 30 sacks before giving up 5 sacks with 2 fumbles to LSU.
Anyone having only 2 Ints, while giving up 35 sacks, is an ugly trade-off imo, and you don't get near as many Int's when half of your passes are to receivers that are behind the LOS....
Worst offensive line I've ever seen at UF....wish we had Percy and those Gator blockers back from 06-09.

Reactions: DLinOrlando
That one simply isn't happy unless he's trading insults. You are just the latest in a long line. What's amazing is he honestly believes it's everybody else and not him.

While a few others here are only happy when they are trading clueless stupidity with each other,,, while claiming that they can speak for EVERYBODY posting here....
🤣
But hey, feel free to attempt to closet insult me, (WOKEISM AT WORK) while claiming that EVERYDODY shares your own individual stupidity, mixed in with your hypocritical duplicity.... 🙄

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT