ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts from the "negative" guy on the 2024 Gators

kalimgoodman

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Dec 14, 2012
Thank you for opening this...

I know I get known as the negative guy but I am just tough on things I love. With that being said, I am so excited about the 2024 season. I really think that this team will surprise and win 8 games. I even bet a good amount on it (not like @Heisman Gator 1)! I love Mertz demeanor and consistency, I was wrong about him @bblake08, tried to tell me, credit to you on that one bro! I think the RB room will be special with Trell and Baugh. The WR room is filled with young talent but if we get Badger today like @JasonHigdon predicts then I think UF will have a steady group, of course year 2 Wilson will be scary for SEC DBs. TE will be key to the passing game. Ill always be worried about the oline, but I love the accumulation of talent that BN got. I do worry about a true LT.

The defense (to me) will really decide if this is a 5 win or 8 win team. As I guy that coached defense, I love the talent on this side of the ball. I am very excited about Roberts. I think he will be the biggest addition of the off-season. Searcy and Collins are the reason why I was stressing about getting transfers amongst the pass rusher options. I do worry about the DTs a bit, but we do have enough bodies to have a solid rotation. I don't think LBs will be a problem at all. Wingo is my sleeper, I so want that kid to succeed. I love kids that truly want to be a gator. He stayed and earned my respect. Add him with James, and that's a solid 2 LB core. Pup, Graham and Chiles make for soooo much talent. Lastly, the DBs! I coached DBs, and I feel comfortable saying that the DB room is talented. Adding Cormani just makes the room scary good.

Thank you for reading this and Lets go gators!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News