ADVERTISEMENT

This, That, & More on a Thursday: February 9th, 2023---My Take on Recruiting

JasonHigdon

Bull Gator
Staff
Nov 5, 2021
This, That, & More on a Thursday: February 9th, 2023

*****On the hot Gator Collective debate currently in the boards*****

Regarding Eddie in or out - I have said over and over and over he is out and will not talk about that deal moving forward until the announcement is made - all I will say is have some patience............

I do want to mention the character of the kids UF has currently committed right now – Lagway, Hayes, Graham, and Bowens – I can’t tell you how many times I have been told: “These are great kids, high character kids.” I love the foundation with those four; hopefully, it will continue to build in that direction.

Do not be surprised to continue to read about recruits from Alabama & Georgia. Florida is and will continue to target high-profile players in each of those states while trying to take care of their own backyard in the process – and no, it is not going to be an easy task going “into” Alabama and Georgia competing head to head with Nick Saban and Kirby Smart on the recruiting trail, but that is precisely what Billy Napier & Crew are going to do. We will see what unfolds this cycle.

We have a lot of guys on our RedZone & MLL for the 2024 Cycle. Here are a few kids to keep an eye on at each position – These are just some players that I like and want to keep an eye on moving forward to see how often they are on campus etc..…..

QB (0)

RB (3)

Anthony Carrie, Jerrick Gibson, and Jordan Lyle. If I added a 4th, it would have been Stacy Gage.

WR (6)

James Randel, Chance Robinson, Dre’lon Miller, Isaiah Williams, Terrance Moore, Zycarl Lewis Jr

OL (12)

I am a massive fan of the top 12 guys listed

TE (5)

Matthews, Odom, and Jackson are prime-time talents, and I really like Echols at TE and Blackburn.

DE (TBD)

But, three guys that you will continue to read about until they announce are Malik Blockton, Jeremiah Beaman, and Kendall Jackson. I also like Eddrick Houston and Ernest Willor. The DE board is sick with talent.

DT (1)

D’Antre Robinson is the guy in my mind. Numerous other DTs (board will expand tenfold), but DR is the guy they need to land.

LB (2)

Graham & Hayes and shut it down

DB is a work in progress. I love Jarvis Boatwright and want to track him and see what he does regarding visits. Travaris Banks might be a top pull, but UF should be in his top 1-2 schools.

Florida should take 2-3 DBs this cycle, with 4 being the max.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News