ADVERTISEMENT

This, That, & More on a Monday

JasonHigdon

Bull Gator
Staff
Nov 5, 2021
Breaking Down 2023:

Head Coach Billy Napier and the Florida Gators are bringing in 29 new players as they head into the 2023 season (more will come). What are your overall thoughts on how Napier addressed the team's needs? What do you believe are the strengths of the class and weaknesses of the class? Twenty players were brought in from three positions – OL/DL/DB, and I LOVE IT. You better be able to cover in the back end, and you better be strong in the trenches on both sides. I love the direction this program is headed, and we are not done just yet – we should see three more in the Spring.

QB 1

RB 2

WR 3

OL 7

DB 6

DL 7

LB 4

2023 Commit List 30
QB Graham Mertz Wisconsin Transfer
RB Treyaun Webb
RB Cameron Carroll Tulane Transfer
WR Eugene Wilson
WR Aidan Mizell
WR Andy Jean
OL Roderick Kearney
OL Knijeah Harris
OL Bryce Lovett
OL Caden Jones
OL Micah Mazzccua Baylor Transfer
OL Damieon George Alabama Transfer
OL Kiyaunta Goodwin Kentucky Transfer
CB Aaron Gates
CB Ja'Keem Jackson
DB Sharif Denson
DB Jordan Castell
CB Dijon Johnson
DB Bryce Thornton
DE Gavin Hill
DE TJ Searcy
DE Kelby Collins
DT Will Norman
DT Kamran James
DT Caleb Banks Louisville Transfer
DT CamRon Jackson Memphis Transfer
LB Jaden Robinson
LB Teradja Mitchell Ohio State Transfer
LB Deuce Spurlock Michigan Transfer
LB Mannie Nunnery Houston Transfer

Super Bowl is Set: Take Your Pick
KC and Philly in the Super Bowl.

There are tons of storylines, but Philly by double-digits in this one. In my mind, KC cannot get everyone healthy in time for this game, and Philly is too physical on defense AND offense for the Chiefs, but I will be pulling big time for KC.

PGA Drama:
Rory McIlroy overcame a final-round charge from Patrick Reed to win the Dubai Desert Classic in a tense Monday duel between players involved in a pre-tournament spat. World No. 1 McIlroy rolled in a birdie putt from around 15 feet at No. 18 for a 4-under 68 that left him a stroke clear of Reed, who shot 65. Earlier in the week, Reed flicked a tee at McIlroy on the practice range….They must fight it out on the 18th green UFC style and get it over.

Settle Down Fella – Raul Rosas Jr
“I’m just getting started like this is nothing to me. I ain’t celebrating nothing until I have them three belts around my waist: 135, 145, 155; let’s go! Woo!”

I don’t know much, but I know one thing – there is no way on this earth that kid is going to have these three belts around his waist. I can make the case he will never get the first one of 135 pounds and the gauntlet he would have to run through to get to 155 – you can forget that noise.

135-Pounds:
Aljamain Sterling
Henry Cejudo
Peter Jan
TJ Dillashaw

145-Pounds:
Alexander Volkanovski
Max Holloway
Brian Ortega
Calvin Kattar

155-Pounds:
Islam Makhachev
Charles Oliveira
Dustin Poirier
Justin Gaethje
Beneil Dariush
Michael Chandler

How about UFC 287 though?
Alex Pereira vs. Israel Adesanya 2 and Gilbert Burns vs. Jorge Masvidal. I am not sure there is anything Israel can do differently to beat Pereira, I hope so because I am not a fan of Alex Pereira for some reason.

Bad Deal Coming:
Lightweight Title Fight set for February 11th UFC 284 with Islam Makhachev vs. Alexander Volkanovski. I see Islam called “out” the smaller weight class champion. You didn’t see him call out Kamaru Usman or Leon Edwards at 170. Either way Islam IS the worst possible opponent Alexander could take on at 155. All his strength will be negated by Islam and if Alexander has any chance at all (striking) that will also be negated by Islam when he takes this match to the ground.

Congrats to Brian Snitker:
ATLANTA
-- Braves manager Brian Snitker, coming off the team's fifth consecutive National League East title, signed a contract extension Friday that runs through the 2025 season.

Around the NHL:
The Boston Bruins are 38-7! There are some teams playing great hockey like Carolina at 32-8 which is crazy but Boston has 38 wins and 7 losses right now, truly amazing.

The Last of Us:
Joel and Ellie marching on in Season 1 Episode 3 last night - I love this show and think it's fantastic.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News