ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium Upgrade or NIL?

cmgator

Rowdy Reptile
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2002
I will start by saying I have no insider information, but with the RUMOR of uga offering Etienne a raise to leave and the Texas oil money and others being more than ours, I wondered would we be better off spending big booster money upgrading the stadium or putting it into better assistant coaches and players now?

My understanding for upgrading the stadium is to make it a better experience for the fans and I would imagine more money for the program eventually. That being said, if the product on the field doesn't improve soon because we cannot afford the top assistants or players then the fan experience will not be good and less money will flow into the athletic dept.

Look at Bama, Clemson and uga. Ever since they went on their run, the school has benefitted greatly in kids wanting to attend, players wanting to go there and donor donations.

It is not our decision obviously, but I am curious what all of you think. Would you rather SS and the big money boosters delay construction and move that money to NIL and asst. coaches and once we are back on top worry about the stadium OR upgrade the stadium sooner and NOT allocate more money into acquiring talent?

Reactions: jroc287
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News