ADVERTISEMENT

So, Grantham is gonna be our DC now

Bull Gator
Sep 22, 2003
What are we feeling about that, I don't know if I could personally get along with him but that isn't important right now

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
He had a top 10 defense at Miss St this year. I believe he did really well at Louisville. I know Lville’s defense is trash this year. I believe statistically he had very good defenses at UGA as well but UGAs defense sucked against us for some reason but that may be just because they are UGA.

Well, he does the exact opposite of what we've been running and blitzes about every single snap of a game.. I'd rather have that than the alternative because we have the DB's yearly to put on an island with speed rushing passer and risk getting to the QB first before they get caught alone

Not Shannon, already an improvement.

Only concern with him is he's a 3-4 guy and I don't think we have the personnel for that, especially with these awful LB's. And two, he can get unsound when he goes blitz heavy. But I'd much rather come down on the side of over aggresiveness as opposed to the bend but don't break BS. We recruit well he'll be fine.

choke1_medium.jpg

Never forget. Never forgive.

Coached a kid that played for grantham at UGA. Said his stuff was way more complicated than it needed to be. Lots of busts because of confusion

Mullen has the right to create the staff he wants and feels most comfortable with. He's experienced enough to make adjustments if the guys don't get the job done. Give Grantham and everybody else a chance. The past is the past.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I have a good friend that’s a Georgia fan and he says we will regret having Grantham. I say its the players that determine the scheme

Grantham was a former NFL coach. His scheme was a little more complicated. He’s simplied it since then. You don’t have the same luxuries with college athletes that you do with pro athletes.

Grantham was a former NFL coach. His scheme was a little more complicated. He’s simplied it since then. You don’t have the same luxuries with college athletes that you do with pro athletes.
He claimed they were always late lining up and such. I told him Dan Mullen will never stand for that. I think we will have a dream team.... I think Mullen should make a play for Justin Fields right now. That’s the missing link

Grantham is a guy who LOVES to roll the dice, i watched him at UL and UGA. He is surprisingly rewarding at times and mind boggling frustrating at times... It will be love/hate

Once we get back to REAL Gator football where we actually score some serious points, I'm cool with a gambling defense.... at least the games will be fun, not like the last several years of misery....

I hope he chokes on a chicken bone and croaks... that fat bastard!
****. Seriously? That bastard sucked at UGA. Didn't we learn anything from hiring Muschamp? Jeebus effing christmas. I hope Mullen can put 72 points on the board every Saturday.

Coached a kid that played for grantham at UGA. Said his stuff was way more complicated than it needed to be. Lots of busts because of confusion

That was definitely one of the complaints about him at UGA and Louisville. But like I said I'd rather come down on the side of aggressiveness and a little bit more complexity if need be. With all these spreads out there they try to simplify your look pre-snap and giving it to them is way too easy. Gotta disguise even if you risk being a little bit more complex.

****. Seriously? That bastard sucked at UGA. Didn't we learn anything from hiring Muschamp? Jeebus effing christmas. I hope Mullen can put 72 points on the board every Saturday.
UGA had the #3 defense the country one year under him. In 4 years at UGA he struggled 1 year. You just remember the UF games where UGAs defense seemed to struggle.

Miss St. had the 10th ranked defense in the country this season

Reactions: TennesseeGator
UGA had the #3 defense the country one year under him. In 4 years at UGA he struggled 1 year. You just remember the UF games where UGAs defense seemed to struggle.

Miss St. had the 10th ranked defense in the country this season
Perhaps so.......but I'm wary of anything tainted by the way of UGA, King Tut's curse.

Granthams defense can't be very hard to learn in college, especially while he was at UGA.. that was the most dumbed down version of his defense anywhere iv'e seen, he ran the same set out of 3-4 for the most part with a robber in Jarvis Jones blitzing off the edge every single snap for a full season and it worked because of the talent level, just like ours would after the talent and depth is back in place..

Those pressure defenses all work in college that are blitz happy and heavy.. Like Brent Venables is still doing.. When you play all these driskels and against the likes of him and Franks, you see how they look out there against just 4 man pressure rushes.. College Qb's are miserable like Jalen Hurts and never and refuse to learn how to play football...

Granthams defense can't be very hard to learn in college, especially while he was at UGA.. that was the most dumbed down version of his defense anywhere iv'e seen, he ran the same set out of 3-4 for the most part with a robber in Jarvis Jones blitzing off the edge every single snap for a full season and it worked because of the talent level, just like ours would after the talent and depth is back in place..

Those pressure defenses all work in college that are blitz happy and heavy.. Like Brent Venables is still doing.. When you play all these driskels and against the likes of him and Franks, you see how they look out there against just 4 man pressure rushes.. College Qb's are miserable like Jalen Hurts and never and refuse to learn how to play football...
Realize this was 5 years ago. But the biggest problem was the verbiage that was used to call the defense. Said it was much better when Pruitt arrived

I think Grantham will be alright. He just has to address our depth at D line and get some decent linebackers here.

He had a top 10 defense at Miss St this year. I believe he did really well at Louisville. I know Lville’s defense is trash this year. I believe statistically he had very good defenses at UGA as well but UGAs defense sucked against us for some reason but that may be just because they are UGA.
Louisville fans did not like him much. I live up here and his defense gave up a lot of 3rd and longs. Louisville fans started referring to it as 3rd and Grantham

yep

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT