ADVERTISEMENT

Simple Question: What overmatched ACC team will Jimbo lose to this year?

Im sure SingleShot is full of excuses! Dumbazz!!
All of those Panhandle rednecks are bringing out every excuse imaginable, of course most of them aren't blaming country jimbo.

That snake oil salesmen has them all fooled.

Go Canes!

Reactions: 46885
IMO there are only so many good D1 level college coaches. Like NFL QB's. There are only about 10 or so that are a step above. I think Jimbo is in that group but slipping. I think the issue with him is he too loyal and his loyalty is cooking his bacon right now. Trickett is a tired act. West Virginia buddy that is in the circle of trust. I honestly can't name another OL coach in the country but I feel fairly confident if FSU hired the OL coach from USF the line would be better within a year. Again, I have no idea who the coach at USF is. I never watch USF. I feel Trick brings that little to the table though.

Charles Kelly is better but not what leads an FSU defense. Again, I can't name too many DC's around the country but I bet they could have a pick of the litter if they wanted a new one.

Specials teams. They played well yesterday but it's dog food overall.

Akers carrying the ball 12 times is a head a scratcher.

If Jimbo checks his ego and makes some staff changes he will be solid. If he doesn't he is ****%d imo.

If Jimbo checks his ego and makes some staff changes he will be solid. If he doesn't he is ****%d imo.

Like others have written over on your board, Jimbo can recruit very well, probably game plans fairly well, but he is not a very good game day coach. And he does have some blind sports when ti comes to his coaches.

Kudos for wandering over to take your medicine

Can we update this stat now?

Sure. I was at the game. Disappointing to see our defense not play like they did against Bama.

If we have Francois I think we win it but injuries are part of the game. I think the three week layoff hurt some too. Hopefully we'll get into a rhythm. I like what we saw with Blackman though. Played pretty well for a true freshman.

FSU better beat Miami. Right now I don't see them beating Louisville or Clemson, so a loss to Miami sends them to Gainesville 5-5 and needing a win to get bowl eligible. Florida hasn't shown much other than a knack for winning, but that's a nice thing to have.

Fisher called terrible game on Saturday but this is also one of his weaknesses. He's not a very good Gameday coach.

He has a true freshmen QB and he calls 42 passing plays and only 22 running plays. That is really poor play calling.

This didn't bother me as much as the 2012 NC State loss -- that was a gut punch. I was young and naive then. Now I am old and curmudgeonly. I don't know why anyone in Vegas had FSU with double digits over NC State after FSU lost the only game they've played by more than two touchdowns, lost their starting QB and then had two weeks off. Some people clearly just bet on the "brand name" without paying attention.

There was a clear lack of enthusiasm during the game compared to the electricity of the Bama game. I have a feeling Jimbo won't be scheduling any more Royal Rumbles for the opening game after what happened in September. Not after Padawan Jimbo got his back blown out on national television by his Sith Master Saban.

I think FSU wins at least 2 out of 4 of the Miami, UF, Louisville and Clemson gauntlet. I'm slightly concerned about Miami, but they haven't played anyone yet, so who knows how good they are? Miami always starts off with a bang and then falls apart by mid- October. FSU (along any P5 team with a pulse) would be 2-0 against BCU and Toledo. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Duke gives the Canes a scare. Toledo hanged 30 on them. Clemson is probably going to take us out behind the woodshed, but we don't get them until November, so there's still chance, the size of a gnat's butthole, that they might have "clempsoned" by then to the point where we can compete. UL slapped us silly last year and then crashed later in the season. We also get them in Tally, so I give us a 30% chance.

So far, UF has lost to the only decent team they've played. I'm not convinced they are much better than FSU at this point, and I think FSU has the higher potential ceiling. McElwain just doesn't seem like the type to breath fire into the hearts of young men. Jimbo may be a questionable gameday coach, but he's a proven program builder. It's really a coin-flip as far as I'm concerned. I swear McElwain cast some kind of equine sorcery to edge those wins out by the skin of his chompers. Now I know how you guys felt in 2014, watching FSU play like drunken oompa loompas for the first half of every game only to squeak out improbable victories every week.

Last edited:
Sure. I was at the game. Disappointing to see our defense not play like they did against Bama.

If we have Francois I think we win it but injuries are part of the game. I think the three week layoff hurt some too. Hopefully we'll get into a rhythm. I like what we saw with Blackman though. Played pretty well for a true freshman.
So, how many additional games will FSU lose? And what will your excuses be for those games?

I ask because I have not seen you give Florida much leeway given their QB issues the last two years.

Being fair those statements were made with Francois at QB but injuries are part of the game.
Yea, we noticed how much leeway you gave Florida the last two years when our starting QB was out of the game.

Welcome to our world.

Last edited:
Your starting QB, Grier, was a steroid cheat though....right? Can you make an excuse for him other than he really isn't a soldier of God like his Dad claimed ?

This didn't bother me as much as the 2012 NC State loss -- that was a gut punch. I was young and naive then. Now I am old and curmudgeonly. I don't know why anyone in Vegas had FSU with double digits over NC State after FSU lost the only game they've played by more than two touchdowns, lost their starting QB and then had two weeks off. Some people clearly just bet on the "brand name" without paying attention.

omgomg we are not as good as we thought!

There was a clear lack of enthusiasm during the game compared to the electricity of the Bama game.

I think three loss Fisher deserves the blame for that...yes? Hell, by the end of the year, he mght be five loss Fisher

I think FSU wins at least 2 out of 4 of the Miami, UF, Louisville and Clemson gauntlet.

So, at best, you are predicting a magnificent return of four loss Fisher. At best.

So far, UF has lost to the only decent team they've played.

At the moment, Tennessee and UK both can claim to be better than FSU

I'm not convinced they are much better than FSU at this point, and I think FSU has the higher potential ceiling.

On what basis?

Your starting QB, Grier, was a steroid cheat though....right? Can you make an excuse for him other than he really isn't a soldier of God like his Dad claimed ?
Why is that relevant? He was our starting QB for part of the year, and then he was not.

You guys will likely start a 3rd string QB before too long, given the ineptness of your OL. Blackman will probably be broken in half.

Welcome to our world.

omgomg we are not as good as we thought!

I think three loss Fisher deserves the blame for that...yes? Hell, by the end of the year, he mght be five loss Fisher

So, at best, you are predicting a magnificent return of four loss Fisher. At best.

At the moment, Tennessee and UK both can claim to be better than FSU

On what basis?

Last year didn't start much better and ended with an Orange Bowl victory. Obviously, that ship has likely sailed for this year, but since Jimbo took over, FSU has generally ended the season better than it started. I have not generally seen the same trend from any post 2010 UF coaches.

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
Last year didn't start much better and ended with an Orange Bowl victory. Obviously, that ship has likely sailed for this year, but since Jimbo took over, FSU has generally ended the season better than it started. I have not generally seen the same trend from any post 2010 UF coaches.
Your team has some very tough matches coming up. Your OL is a disaster. Your defense looks inept. Yes, I know they held "omgomgomg BAMA!" to a close, tough game until late. But that is a one dimensional Bama offense.

Your team will have to face some teams that are not one dimensional.

Like you, I see two more losses....minimum.

If, IF there is a football wyatt, it will be four more losses...minimum.

Last edited:
Not much leeway when a guy is cheating. Injury??? A little. I'm not making excuses with FSU's backup though. My issue is with an OL coach who is stealing oxygen.

Not much leeway when a guy is cheating. Injury??? A little. I'm not making excuses with FSU's backup though. My issue is with an OL coach who is stealing oxygen.
Doesn't matter how you lost the guy. You lost the guy. The back up is on..who?

Jimbo.

And the OL problems are on...who?

Jimbo

Why is that relevant? He was our starting QB for part of the year, and then he was not.

You guys will likely start a 3rd string QB before too long, given the ineptness of your OL. Blackman will probably be broken in half.

Welcome to our world.

I believe we were down to the 3rd or 4th string QB the year we went 4-8. If FSU loses another QB they may find out what that feels like. Only difference is we weren't preseason #3 that year.

Im guessing you aren't aware of how many QBs UF has lost due to injury over the last several years.

So, how many additional games will FSU lose? And what will your excuses be for those games?

I ask because I have not seen you give Florida much leeway given their QB issues the last two years.

I don't remember coming here talking a ton of shit about your QBs. QB injuries obviously make a huge impact.

My guess is two more losses. Clemson and Louisville.

Paco, I am aware that no matter how much sunshine you pump I don't make a fraction of the excuses many on this board do when it comes to losing.

I don't remember coming here talking a ton of shit about your QBs. QB injuries obviously make a huge impact.

Yet you brazenly claimed FSU would beat Florida this year based on....the ineptness of our 2nd and 3rd string QBs the last two years.

My guess is two more losses. Clemson and Louisville.

That is more of a hope than it is a guess.

Last edited:
FSU will lose at least 2 of these games (Louisville/Clemson/Miami/UF). The only definitive loss is Clemson. I'm not sold on Lville yet.

Jimbo responds to Chubb spitting on FSU Logo.

What do you think about Chubb spitting on the FSU Logo at midfield?

"Well Chubb is a terrific player. He dominated our line all day. We really didn't have an answer for him. We could have double teamed him but with didn't want to ruin our QB's rythem. You see, we teach any quarterback playing behind Trickett's line to throw while a 300 lb lineman is hitting them at full speed. We have to stick to the process"

Coach I was referring to the disrespect of what Chubb done.

"Again Chubb is a heck of a player. And an even better spitter. I believe he could have hit the logo from the 20 yrd line! All the credit goes to NCST. They scored TDs at will doing back flips while our guys pull up and admire their athletic dominance."

Coach, what would of happened if Chubb had spit on the logo of a Bobby Bowden coached team?

"Its hard to say Gene. His team's played with a lot of pride and emotion. They didn't have the process. They defently would have whooped his arse. Arse whooping isn't a part of the process. We have to stick to the process. Work hard don't worry about the out come. You know, just control what you can control. We can't worry about being spit on my mid level teams from Carolina."

How can you get back on track?

"Well we need a 100 million dollar football only facility like NCST has"

Coach they don't have one

"Are you sure? Well we need one anyway. If we had one of those we could teach our players how to not give up on plays letting folks do somersaults into the endzone. If Coach Trickett had a bigger office and some extra support staff. Teaching reach blocking and keeping a low wide base would be possible. We need a facility with a massage room. The a masseuse could rub Charles Kelley's bald head to Conger fourth a defensive scheme to stop teams with half the talent."

Jimbo responds to Chubb spitting on FSU Logo.

What do you think about Chubb spitting on the FSU Logo at midfield?

"Well Chubb is a terrific player. He dominated our line all day. We really didn't have an answer for him. We could have double teamed him but with didn't want to ruin our QB's rythem. You see, we teach any quarterback playing behind Trickett's line to throw while a 300 lb lineman is hitting them at full speed. We have to stick to the process"

Coach I was referring to the disrespect of what Chubb done.

"Again Chubb is a heck of a player. And an even better spitter. I believe he could have hit the logo from the 20 yrd line! All the credit goes to NCST. They scored TDs at will doing back flips while our guys pull up and admire their athletic dominance."

Coach, what would of happened if Chubb had spit on the logo of a Bobby Bowden coached team?

"Its hard to say Gene. His team's played with a lot of pride and emotion. They didn't have the process. They defently would have whooped his arse. Arse whooping isn't a part of the process. We have to stick to the process. Work hard don't worry about the out come. You know, just control what you can control. We can't worry about being spit on my mid level teams from Carolina."

How can you get back on track?

"Well we need a 100 million dollar football only facility like NCST has"

Coach they don't have one

"Are you sure? Well we need one anyway. If we had one of those we could teach our players how to not give up on plays letting folks do somersaults into the endzone. If Coach Trickett had a bigger office and some extra support staff. Teaching reach blocking and keeping a low wide base would be possible. We need a facility with a massage room. The a masseuse could rub Charles Kelley's bald head to Conger fourth a defensive scheme to stop teams with half the talent."

So much truth coming from this great article. He has them all fooled that a bigger office will make the difference. Its really sad year after year they get all these top recruits and they allow a lesser team to take them behind the woodshed and spit on them.

I applaud chubb for being able to spit after a game, its not like he spit on the president.

GO Canes!

Article? I thought that was a spoof from a poster on WC?
It is. Fracking hilarious too. I am surprised those Mods over there have not taken it down. They have already pruned several other threads about the game and Fisher.

Gee. I wonder what inspired McCanes to suddenly start gracing this board with his presence again? I guess we can look forward to some witty repartee for the next couple of weeks before he goes into hiding again after Miami collapses in October.

It is. Fracking hilarious too. I am surprised those Mods over there have not taken it down. They have already pruned several other threads about the game and Fisher.

It is funny. And I agree it seems like the exact type of thing Gene and his mods want no part of. Exactly why I haven't posted there in years. It's also funny mcanes thought this was an actual article.

So much truth coming from this great article. He has them all fooled that a bigger office will make the difference. Its really sad year after year they get all these top recruits and they allow a lesser team to take them behind the woodshed and spit on them.

I applaud chubb for being able to spit after a game, its not like he spit on the president.

GO Canes!

230 mcanes, Today at 1:40 PM

Of course you do

Why shouldn't I? You guys havent looked like world beaters either , you dont have a QB that scares us and we still are the more talented roster top to bottom. We have come into the swamp with a worse team(2011) and won as well won with Sean Maguire in 2015. If the game was next week are chances wouldnt be as good but we dont play for another eight weeks.

Your arrogance is hilarious.

22045798_10213941711047290_5968687034552951479_n.jpg

How can a FSU team with so so much more talent than a bad NC State team lose on their home field like that? Double digit favorite against a team that lost to USCjr.

Why shouldn't I? You guys havent looked like world beaters either , you dont have a QB that scares us and we still are the more talented roster top to bottom.

Yet your team will probably lose as many if not more games as us this year.

We have come into the swamp with a worse team(2011) and won as well won with Sean Maguire in 2015. If the game was next week are chances wouldnt be as good but we dont play for another eight weeks.

Tap your heels three times and keep repeating that to yourself, glitter boy

Your arrogance is hilarious.

Doesn't take much to trigger a FSU fan

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT