ADVERTISEMENT

Should Florida and FSU play at the end of the year?

Should Florida and FSU play together at the end of the year?

• Yes Screw the rules and the hippies that make them.

Votes: 27 84.4%
  • No, they should bow down before the almighty SEC and ACC.

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

grommit

Bull Gator
Oct 30, 2005
Screw the conference schedules, play those then just decide to play each other, ignoring what the conferences dictate. I'm not even expecting the game's outcome to be officially recognized by the NCAA in any way. This game still must be played.

Whatever hurts f$u the most. I’m just not sure what that is? The certain humiliating defeat, or the potential loss of revenue and a recruiting weekend?

Reactions: BSC911
If the Gators don't make the playoff, don't be shocked if we play them in Jacksonville (Gator Bowl)

Well my take is football is cyclical. You rise and you fall, and then you hopefully repeat. They were great during the middle Bowden era and it was tough to get a win against them, then they suffered during the late Bowden era and we put a nice win streak in on them there. They recovered and Jimbo Fisher put up a nice winning streak against us while we were down. Now it seems to be switched. I'm all for getting those wins when you're up and your rivals are down, or in this case, ushering in a brand new first year head coach. The one thing is true though, they won't be down forever. Only Tennessee can lay claim to that ignominious distinction.

Yeah, yeah..... if we play at the end of the year your asses are coming to Tallahassee.... ain't no Jacksonville BS... and this will probably be your last decent chance of stomping us at home so you better jump on the opportunity while you can.....

Yeah, yeah..... if we play at the end of the year your asses are coming to Tallahassee.... ain't no Jacksonville BS... and this will probably be your last decent chance of stomping us at home so you better jump on the opportunity while you can.....
Based on what?

Yes of course...we will stomp that A$$...I MEAN why shouldn't we play them? It's one of our best rivals? What's the difference from playing UGA, SCjr or LSU? This is silliness.

Yes of course...we will stomp that A$$...I MEAN why shouldn't we play them? It's one of our best rivals? What's the difference from playing UGA, SCjr or LSU? This is silliness.

Probably in the SEC agreement that all schedules must be approved by the league office. Not looking to jeopardize our position in the SEC.

Probably in the SEC agreement that all schedules must be approved by the league office. Not looking to jeopardize our position in the SEC.

LG89,

What would happen if Gators joined ACC ?

3 conference teams in State of Florida; we would lose LSU series, but gain Miami.

Not playing Dawgs in Jacksonville would be a huge problem ! But perhaps we could schedule them as an OOC game every year as we currently do FSU.

Clemson / Notre Dame every year - Home & Home ? Interesting !

How would the money compare ?

ACC $28.8 MM' vs SEC $44 MM - Forget About It !

The only positive outcome of this hoax pandemic is removing the criminoles from the Gator's schedule.

I say don't waste this golden opportunity,,, now that they are off the schedule, let's keep it that way in the future. I've never wanted to help out the SoW. Playing them or the scUM in a bowl game is the only way that UF should ever play them.

They ducked UF and the SEC by opting for the Almost Competitive Conference, so I say leave them to play around with the cupcakes.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
This 10 game schedule is stupid, play a full 12. I don't care if we play the Canadan football league...this crap is so out of control

This 10 game schedule is stupid, play a full 12. I don't care if we play the Canadan football league...this crap is so out of control

Thank the Dim's for their solid efforts to kill America...

9-3-2020
Pandemic FRAUD -- Bombshell NY TIMES Report
90% of Positive COVID 19 Tests Should Be Negative!

Reactions: chinchey1
A 10 game all SEC schedule with no real cupcakes is brutal - plus I have no desire to help FSU sell tickets. This is the time to make a break from those scabs.

Reactions: instaGATOR
A 10 game all SEC schedule with no real cupcakes is brutal - plus I have no desire to help FSU sell tickets. This is the time to make a break from those scabs.

This is hilarious.... "no real cupcakes" lol...

Ole Miss - 4-8
South Carolina - 4-8
Missouri - 6-6
Arkansas - 2-10
Vanderbilt - 3-9

Those are some REAL powerhouses right there..... Scaryyyyyyyyyy........ Oh yeah, Brutallllllllll

This is hilarious.... "no real cupcakes" lol...

Ole Miss - 4-8
South Carolina - 4-8
Missouri - 6-6
Arkansas - 2-10
Vanderbilt - 3-9

Those are some REAL powerhouses right there..... Scaryyyyyyyyyy........ Oh yeah, Brutallllllllll
Are sure you know what a cupcakes is?

Reactions: instaGATOR
We can’t drop the FSU game. The national exposure and recruiting alone dictates that.

Welcome to your opinion, but in this case, I disagree.
UF's recruiting, nor it's national exposure are connected to FSUcks Clown-U.
UF would be just fine without the criminoles on the schedule.
Replace them with an out of state out of conference power, like TX, tOSU, OK, etc...

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Lol.... I could ask you the same question.... It wasn't too long ago back in 2013 when Florida lost to a Cupcake named Georgia Southern at Home.... a FCS program....

2013 and 2014 were transition years for GSU. They were in the process of moving up and were no longer in FCS.

But hey, thanks for playing.

Welcome to your opinion, but in this case, I disagree.
UF's recruiting, nor it's national exposure are connected to FSUcks Clown-U.
UF would be just fine without the criminoles on the schedule.
Replace them with an out of state out of conference power, like TX, tOSU, OK, etc...
Interesting take but I still think you benefit from playing your best instate rival

We can’t drop the FSU game. The national exposure and recruiting alone dictates that.
The point of this thread is that The SEC has already dictated that we are not allowed to play FSU. Same as Georgia is not allowed to play their traditional EOY game with GeorgaiTech, and South Caroliny cannot play it's traditional instate rival CLempson. These rivalries matter instate for bragging rights just as much if not more than the SEC as it is the local level that you live with on a day to day basis. If Georgia loses again in the SEC championship game to LSU or ALABAMA, or St. Mary's for the Blind, it doesn't matter in the local areas here in Florida for instate recruiting and bragging rights.

The SEC is bullying it's conference teams into missing out on these end of the year rivalry games, some of which are required by state law such as ours with FSU.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
The point of this thread is that The SEC has already dictated that we are not allowed to play FSU. Same as Georgia is not allowed to play their traditional EOY game with GeorgaiTech, and South Caroliny cannot play it's traditional instate rival CLempson. These rivalries matter instate for bragging rights just as much if not more than the SEC as it is the local level that you live with on a day to day basis. If Georgia loses again in the SEC championship game to LSU or ALABAMA, or St. Mary's for the Blind, it doesn't matter in the local areas here in Florida for instate recruiting and bragging rights.

The SEC is bullying it's conference teams into missing out on these end of the year rivalry games, some of which are required by state law such as ours with FSU.

We are not required by state law to play.

I will say that I believe if Bama had an OOC game they played every year, the SEC would have been much more receptive to the idea of adding that 11th game. The SEC really seems sometimes to just be designed with one goal in mind, to set Bama up to win football NC's.

The time may have come (actually the time came 40 years ago) to clean house at the SEC offices and move them to someplace like Atlanta. See what the world is like if all the SEC teams are treated the same and not just as Bama's toys.

LG89,

What would happen if Gators joined ACC ?

3 conference teams in State of Florida; we would lose LSU series, but gain Miami.

Not playing Dawgs in Jacksonville would be a huge problem ! But perhaps we could schedule them as an OOC game every year as we currently do FSU.

Clemson / Notre Dame every year - Home & Home ? Interesting !

How would the money compare ?

ACC $28.8 MM' vs SEC $44 MM - Forget About It !

Well, this is just about me, but I'll bet others feel the same way.

We'd be moving to a conference where I don't GAS about hardly anybody.

What I mean is, let's say we are the late game. I'll watch the SEC noon game. I'll watch Kentucky-Vandy. I'll watch Miss St-Auburn. I'll even watch UGa play. I don't usually have a rooting interest (except if the outcome helps or hurts UF, then I root for whatever helps us), but I have an interest.

Now, do I watch Pitt-BC? NC-Duke? Syracuse-anybody? No. Couldn't care less. Even if we joined the ACC, I still wouldn't care. The ACC is football lite. If we joined the ACC, I would lose 80% of my interest in college football.

2013 and 2014 were transition years for GSU. They were in the process of moving up and were no longer in FCS.

But hey, thanks for playing.

transition year or not, they didn’t complete a pass. That’s the most interesting thing about that gator loss.

I know that UF lost to a team that did not complete a pass during the game, am I wrong? That is interesting, no? What are the odds of that happening?

I know that UF lost to a team that did not complete a pass during the game, am I wrong? That is interesting, no? What are the odds of that happening?
I know this...FSU has had losing records the last couple of years. Your teams has sucked and we've finished in the top 10 multiple seasons in a row. You're best record was like 7-5 under Jimbo. Oh yeah we've whipped your ass too. Stop smoking crack buddy.

I know, right? It’s a shame that UF (or should I say the SEC) is choosing not to play FSU and secure the easy W this year, especially after FSU and the ACC made it known they wear all for the butt whooping.

Last edited:

Pretty good, when you are playing a wishbone team. Do you not know what the wishbone offense is? You don't seem to know much about anything at all.

Lol.... I could ask you the same question.... It wasn't too long ago back in 2013 when Florida lost to a Cupcake named Georgia Southern at Home.... a FCS program....

DO you know who Skyler Mornhinweg is? He was our third string QB in 2013. Since our top 2 guys were injured, he was our QB that day.

In fact, in 2013 we lost 20 starters to injury. A few of those were replacements after the original starters got hurt, but we only had 5 starters make it through the whole season.

Five.

See, 2013 was a lost season. We had walkons playing against Ga Southern, that's how bad it was.

So while yes, it was the worst loss in our history, it's not like we were Top 5 Michigan getting beat by Appy State. We were a pathetic, beat up bunch in the middle of losing our final 7 games.

Okay, that make you happy?

If you continue with this, I'm going to start talking about the worst, most embarrassing loss in FSU history, which happened in the 1997 Sugar Bowl. I believe the score was 52-20? Yes, I think that's right.

Reactions: jamminjethro
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT